Be Mad as heck and don't take it no more | The Boneyard

Be Mad as heck and don't take it no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is one thing about realignment this week that you can actually do. There are thousands of empty seats at Byrd Stadium. Get in your car, get down there and buy some. If there is any consideration of us at all following the Irish into the ACC, make a point to the decisionmakers that we will help the northern half of the ACC sell tickets when we play them.

Or, if it's not worth 24 hours of your time, stop wasting my time complaining about what is happening to us.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There is one thing about realignment this week that you can actually do. There are thousands of empty seats at Byrd Stadium. Get in your car, get down there and buy some. If there is any consideration of us at all following the Irish into the ACC, make a point to the decisionmakers that we will help the northern half of the ACC sell tickets when we play them.

Or, if it's not worth 24 hours of your time, stop wasting my time complaining about what is happening to us.

So....my two choices are either to give my money to an ACC venue or to waste your time complaining about what's happening to us? It's not looking good for you at this point, counselor...;)

Reaction Score
Someone's really pining to be liked, I see.

Don't really get these posts. People honestly think if we send 5K fans instead of 6K fans, that's going to have a difference on our conference affiliation?

Well, okay then.

And I'm going to the game with a large group, so I'm not venting on this because I'm unwilling to help.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Someone's really pining to be liked, I see.

Don't really get these posts. People honestly think if we send 5K fans instead of 6K fans, that's going to have a difference on our conference affiliation?

Well, okay then.

And I'm going to the game with a large group, so I'm not venting on this because I'm unwilling to help.

I'm not sure if you were referring to me or BL, Sean.

Reaction Score
So....my two choices are either to give my money to an ACC venue or to waste your time complaining about what's happening to us? It's not looking good for you at this point, counselor...;)

No kidding. Your a lawyer find a friggin loophole to stop this. Lol. Seriously your gonna give fans a hard time? What next? Those who do go better be in their seats at kickoff and stay til the final whistle?

Reaction Score

FWIW......I'm very grouchy too.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm grouchy as $#it right now too. This is what makes me grouchy: 1) our Hall of Fame men's basketball coach just announced his retirement, and 2) we are just days away from the highly anticipated "Edsall Bowl", and our entire fanbase's attention has been side-tracked by Notre Dame and the ACC. This should be a day about UConn Country, and instead, we've had our moment hijacked by outside forces. It just sucks...

Reaction Score
@BL, are you offering to pay for all of us? If not, please STFU and enjoy the game, sounds like you have been planning it for awhile. We will be back here talking about whatever we want to talk about. Geeze, we get horrible news and people want to discuss the possible impact on UConn. It's been less than 12 hours for crisssakes.

Why do you always feel the need to tell us what not to discuss?

Reaction Score
Need someone to pick on... take out this guy:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19524864/bozich-u-of-l-better-fit-for-acc-than-uconn-or-rutgers

BOZICH: U of L Should Follow Notre Dame's Lead Into ACC

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 1:13 PM EDT

Updated: Sep 12, 2012 2:08 PM EDT

By Rick Bozich - email

Louisville would be a better fit than UConn or Rutgers in the ACC.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Taking Notre Dame can't be the final molar-rattling block the Atlantic Coast Conference throws at the stumbling Big East. The Fighting Irish are merely the latest recruit, the third Big East school the ACC has stolen in 52 weeks, and the sixth since 2004.

Face it: The ACC has taken everything except the keys to Madison Square Garden – and that could be next.

Notre Dame gives the ACC 15 basketball teams. Schedulers know that's an awkward number, one that suggests the ACC is not finished expanding. Word is that Connecticut and Rutgers are scrambling to follow the Irish to Tobacco Road.

Why should the University of Louisville concede anything to those two? U of L would be a better fit in the ACC.

North Carolina football is coming to Papa John's Cardinal Stadium Saturday, serendipitous timing to show a foundational ACC program that U of L has the facilities, support and ambition to enhance a league moving beyond its Tobacco Road roots.

Time for U of L athletics director Tom Jurich and his staff to press the schmooze button. Make certain the Tar Heels understand you're extremely available.

Louisville would bring more sizzle to the ACC than the Huskies or the Scarlet Knights.

The across-the-board athletic program Jurich has built at U of L has been stronger with a more passionate fan base than anything we've seen on a consistent basis from UConn or Rutgers.

The ACC is the address Louisville should pursue. The ACC has the basketball muscle and football craving to get better that fits the profile that has evolved at Louisville. The programs that Rick Pitino and Charlie Strong have built would enhance the ACC in both sports. The success U of L has delivered in women's basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball and other sports only strengthens the argument.

Jurich believes that "fit" has to be a driving principle in any athletic department. The ACC fits Louisville better than the Big 12, the league that is usually mentioned when U of L fans squawk about escaping the Big East for a better league.

The geography works better. Louisville also has a history with Florida State, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech that stretches three decades to the Metro Conference. Rivalries with Pitt, Syracuse and Notre Dame developed from the time Louisville joined the Big East in 2005.

Convincing Louisville fans that the ACC is preferable to the floundering Big East or more remote Big 12 won't be the challenge. Convincing the ACC to issue the invitation will be the issue.

UConn and Rutgers are considered the front-runners because they're statewide institutions alleged to bring more television viewers to the table. Some have always argued that academic stature remains an obstacle for U of L.

I use the word "alleged" for a reason. Yes, Rutgers considers itself part of the metropolitan New York City market.

That's silly. Scarlet Knights' football and basketball ranks as about the 237th most interesting thing to watch every weekend. Paoli High School delivers the Louisville market about as well as Rutgers delivers the NYC market.

Louisville basketball has won the Big East Tournament twice in four seasons. Rutgers has never advanced to the Big East Tournament championship game. Rutgers football has work to do. It's always had work to do.

UConn also wins the flat-screen battle with Louisville. The Hartford/New Haven market is ranked 30th nationally by Nielsen, 18 spots ahead of metropolitan Louisville. With nearly 1 million households, it has about a 50 percent edge on Louisville.

The Huskies have other issues. You're talking about a basketball program that can't play in the NCAA or Big East Tournament this season because of NCAA probation. It's a program that has been a one-man band – and the bandleader (Jim Calhoun) is 70 and considering retirement, perhaps by October.

Football matters more than basketball?

I believe UConn football is the program that lost $1.8 million and its head coach Randy Edsall after the Huskies sold 2,771 of their 17,500-ticket allotment for the Fiesta Bowl two seasons ago.
After two games this season, U of L is averaging 51,470 fans, UConn 34,736. Louisville wins every beauty contest category against Connecticut football.

Notre Dame is the sixth Big East school the ACC has recruited in less than a decade. If the ACC is looking for a seventh, it should look at Louisville before it takes UConn or Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Need someone to pick on... take out this guy:
Notre Dame is the sixth Big East school the ACC has recruited in less than a decade. If the ACC is looking for a seventh, it should look at Louisville before it takes UConn or Rutgers.
If they are looking for national championships, we have a 12 in the past 17 years. UL has zero.

Reaction Score
Why didn't the ACC take WV which would bring great football? ACADEMICS.

Reaction Score
Get in your car, get down there and buy some. If there is any consideration of us at all following the Irish into the ACC, make a point to the decisionmakers that we will help the northern half of the ACC sell tickets when we play them.

uhhh, I have a wife and two kids. 21 months and 2 months old. How the am i going to pack up the car and drive to Maryland for a football game?

BL, you usually have outstanding things to say and great insight. This instance seems to be off the cuff and drivin by emotions. Get your head screwed on correctly again please.

We "could" also watch the game and help make the TV ratings higher.

Besides, Maryland is awfully close to those damn liberals in DC. I'll probably get taxed half my income just for coming within a 200 mile radius of the place.

Reaction Score

So I am supposed to be volunteering at an all day fundraiser for the Special Olympics on Saturday seeing I have no other commitments (season tickets) that day. I'm supposed to drop everything and leave those people hanging for a self indulgent trip to Maryland because it will....what? Alter perceptions about UConn football? Really? And if I don't do this then I need to keep my trap shut and my opinions to myself? I'm at every home game unless I'm required to work that day. I'm in my seat before kickoff and I don't leave until the game is over regardless of the score. I think I've earned my keep.

I agree I usually really enjoy your posts but this one is completely devoid of any clear vision or reasoning.

Reaction Score

HA! Took a big dive into the deep end huh? It's ok. The water is nice. It sucks when you know you just got sucker punched but you're not sure who to hit back.

I do trust that we've got people in charge right now that are working as hard as they possibly can in our best interests.

We'll have plenty of fans in attendance this weekend, and yes a few more won't hurt to help give the team a little bit more of a boost of energy.

Other than that - well - never mind the curmudgeon feedback - feels good to jump off the deep end and just let some thoughts fly though I bet.

:)

Reaction Score
HA! Took a big dive into the deep end huh? It's ok. The water is nice. It sucks when you know you just got sucker punched but you're not sure who to hit back.

I do trust that we've got people in charge right now that are working as hard as they possibly can in our best interests.

We'll have plenty of fans in attendance this weekend, and yes a few more won't hurt to help give the team a little bit more of a boost of energy.

Other than that - well - never mind the curmudgeon feedback - feels good to jump off the deep end and just let some thoughts fly though I bet.

:)
LMFAO! Carl, you just made my morning. Great post!

Reaction Score
uhhh, I have a wife and two kids. 21 months and 2 months old. How the am i going to pack up the car and drive to Maryland for a football game?

BL, you usually (at times) have outstanding (things of interest) things to say and great (some insight) insight into the state of the UConn football program and the product we watch.This instance seems to be off the cuff and drivin by emotions (an enlarged belief in the "acclaim" you receive in some quarters) Get your head screwed on correctly again please. Imagine that - a POV that gets "jumped ugly". Sometimes we all forget that this is a forum for expressing opionions no matter how diverse and similiarly forget that old saying about "going around,coming around".

We "could" also watch the game and help make the TV ratings higher.

Besides, Maryland is awfully close to those damn liberals in DC. I'll probably get taxed half my income just for coming within a 200 mile radius of the place.

Reaction Score
well, my opinion is that he posts great things usually and this was not up to the caliber of things I've seen out of BL. Seems almost like someone else wrote it.

Reaction Score
well, my opinion is that he posts great things usually and this was not up to the caliber of things I've seen out of BL. Seems almost like someone else wrote it.

1. I was mad and not willing to take it. The Calhoun retirement pushed me over the edge.

2. Obviously, I'm not telling people not to post whatever they want. I can't stop it. Post away. What I am telling people is that there are two ways to go through life: you can complain about what you don't like, or you can do everything within your reasonable power to try to change things you don't like. Obviously, not everyone on this board has it within their reasonable power to drop what they are doing for a 24 hour period and make the trip. Of course I understand that. I will miss the Temple game for a work commitment that I didn't schedule and can't get out of. But many of us will have the power to show the ACC we will travel well and buy tickets to drivable road games, and won't do it anyway.

And does that type of behavior bug me -- yes. It does. You're welcome not to like it, but I tend to hang out with people who try to solve problems rather than just complain about them.

Reaction Score
1. I was mad and not willing to take it. The Calhoun retirement pushed me over the edge.

2. Obviously, I'm not telling people not to post whatever they want. I can't stop it. Post away. What I am telling people is that there are two ways to go through life: you can complain about what you don't like, or you can do everything within your reasonable power to try to change things you don't like. Obviously, not everyone on this board has it within their reasonable power to drop what they are doing for a 24 hour period and make the trip. Of course I understand that. I will miss the Temple game for a work commitment that I didn't schedule and can't get out of. But many of us will have the power to show the ACC we will travel well and buy tickets to drivable road games, and won't do it anyway.

And does that type of behavior bug me -- yes. It does. You're welcome not to like it, but I tend to hand out with people who try to solve problems rather than just complain about them.
Roger that. and I agree with the Calhoun thing. I think I took your post to heavily. My apologies. Honestly.

--C

Reaction Score
Roger that. and I agree with the Calhoun thing. I think I took your post to heavily. My apologies. Honestly.

--C

No problema. Vehement disagreement is hardly outside the boundaries of what goes on here.

Reaction Score

And does that type of behavior bug me -- yes. It does. You're welcome not to like it, but I tend to hang out with people who try to solve problems rather than just complain about them.

A lot of folks in Virginia complained like hell when the original raid included BCU, Syracuse & Miami. Their complaining reached all the way to their state government and things suddenly started to change and Virginia Tech emerged as a defector. People need to bitch about this and eventually someone, somewhere will be paying attention. Again, isn't there any sidebar lessons from Penn State? People didn't complain enough at first and then when they did someone was paying attention and the walls came tumbling down. Notre Dame will get their's one of these days. They are not many notches about Penn State when it comes to putting their program above all else. Besides at least Penn State was good in recent memory. Notre Dame is more like the Chicago Cubs when it comes to contemporary successes.

Reaction Score

... by "hanging out" do you mean in person or on the Boneyard??? ... cause I don't see many of those types here ... ;) ... couldn't resist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom