BE finds a landing spot for its champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
A lot of good new info:

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=1682

I just read that too. It's good news from the standpoint that we will be afforded an opportunity to play on a bigger stage. But until I understand the payout information and other details, it's hard for me to figure out if this is nothing more than a second tier bowl disguised as a big time opportunity. I think there is a very good chance that we will have the highest ranked team when compared to the MW, etc., but I guess I'll reserve judgment until the details come out. It's better than nothing...

Reaction Score
Eh, I don't know if that is any new news. Big East has been locked out of the traditional power bowls, but IF IT HAS the highest ranked team can play in the 7th bowl. Same as the Mac, Sun Belt, MWC, Conf USA etc.

That news only tells me that the new teams will only come IF the TV contract is worth it, which will depend in part if there are no further defections, which will depend in part.....

The only thing that tells me is that current Big East teams will definitely bolt if offered by another BCS conference....BUT then that is not news either.

Reaction Score
Agree... This is not overly good news for BE. This just lumps all the non-majors into one group and clearly puts BE in that group...
If BE has one spot and highest ranked team available as opponent all for it... Pretty sure this isn't what was meant, although who would be the opponent in his case...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's a s*** sandwich.

Reaction Score
wheres carl to tell us all about markets. welcome to mid-major land. we suck.

Reaction Score
Bowl exposure is more important than the payout.
There are a lot of teams playing BE football now, so worrying about dividing $16 million is a lot less important than it used to be, especially when everyone expects about $10 million a year per team from the TV package. You can guarantee that a good chunk of that bowl money is going to the traveling team as well, so the take will be less than $1 million a team even IF they give that 7th bowl a BCS-style payout. If they don't we're likely only talking about a loss of a few hundred thousand.
Exposure is the most important thing. That bowl needs to be on network TV.

Reaction Score
It's a s*** sandwich.

No, just wait. The usual suspects will tell us how great it is to play conference games against South Alabama, ODU and Georgia State. DEMOGRAPHICS.

Nevada-Reno can't be too far behind. We'll build a wall around Nevada.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's a s*** sandwich.
That's all we're getting served for lunch. So we can deal with it or watch professional sports. Might as well throw some ketchup on it and pretend it's a burger for now.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No, just wait. The usual suspects will tell us how great it is to play conference games against South Alabama, ODU and Georgia State. DEMOGRAPHICS.

Nevada-Reno can't be too far behind. We'll build a wall around Nevada.

The University of Nevada finished #7 in the country in football in 2010 and has 10 players in the NFL including 4 taken in this years draft. (3 more than Uconn) And 3 last year. They have also been in the top 10 in hoops in the last 5 years and have had multiple first round picks in nba draft. The big east would be lucky to have my Nevada Wolf Pack on board!

Reaction Score
Maybe we can lock in that coveted Nevada City recruiting territory.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Maybe we can lock in that coveted Nevada City recruiting territory.
Reno, Sacramento and SF Bay Area would probably be more effective for recruiting but Nevada city might be a place to look for a head coach. Former Rams, Oregon and Kentucky coach Rich Brooks is a Nevada Union HS alum. It's also a great place to find a nice bed and breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom