BE Champion vs Seton Hall post game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BE Champion vs Seton Hall post game thread

Reaction Score
Really poor coaching today have to know that beating Seton Hall that bad potentially gives us a Q2 loss.

Reaction Score
On Newton... Haven't felt that type of emotion watching a player leave the court since Kevin Freeman was pulled at the end of the 2000 Tennessee tourney game. What a great legacy that guy left in just two years.

I believe in one of the highlight videos they show on gamedays there is a shot of Jim Calhoun hugging KFree after he is taken out of the NCAA game that was his final game. He was crushed his career was over and we were eliminated from the Tourney. Kevin was a great warrior for this school.

Reaction Score
Everyone knew Cam Spencer had not scored well into the second half and gave a good cheer when he hit his 2 pointer. When he hit the 3 it was beyond loud. Huge energy boost to the crowd. Castle solved a lot of problems today. He just keeps putting the pressure on the opposing defense.
I loved the play on the pick and roll, when Castle just followed Clingan to the basket like a running back following the offensive line. That's tough for defense to stop.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
When Dan Hurley first arrived, he was labeled as a coach who excelled at defense and toughness. He certainly wasn’t known as an offensive genius.

Fast forward to today, our team is such a pleasure to watch. The offense is absolutely beautiful. Tremendous offensive sets, great ball movement, great flow. Where did this come from? Whatever the answer is, I’m loving it!

Luke Murray largely to thank here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Diarra is definitely coming back.
Yeah, that's pretty common. You really need to give your stomach a day or two before you go back to eating anything of substance.

Reaction Score
BE Regular Season Champs:
14- Nova
11- UConn / Gtown
10- Cuse

BE Tourney Champs:
11- Gtown
8- Nova / Cuse
7- UConn

now that we're tied for 2nd in regular season chips lets tie for 2nd in BE tourney chips
Nova feasted the 7 seasons UConn was away, everyone knows who the all-time big dogs of the Big East are.

Reaction Score
14- Nova
11- UConn / Gtown
10- Cuse

BE Tourney Champs:
11- Gtown
8- Nova / Cuse
7- UConn

now that we're tied for 2nd in regular season chips lets tie for 2nd in BE tourney chips
Villanova was a huge benefactor of UConn’s move to the ACC. They did a good job of keeping our seat warm for us.

Reaction Score
14- Nova
11- UConn / Gtown
10- Cuse

BE Tourney Champs:
11- Gtown
8- Nova / Cuse
7- UConn

UConn was out of the BE for a while. It may have been a slight factor.

Reaction Score
14- Nova
11- UConn / Gtown
10- Cuse

BE Tourney Champs:
11- Gtown
8- Nova / Cuse
7- UConn

Where are you getting those numbers for BE Tourney Champs? It should be:

8 - Gtown
7 - UConn
6 - Nova
5 - Syracuse
3 - Seton Hall, St John's, Louisville
2 - PC, Pitt, BC
1 - WVU, Marquette

Reaction Score

8 - Gtown
7 - UConn
6 - Nova
5 - Syracuse
2 - PC, Pitt, BC
1 - WVU, Marquette
I was just looking it up because I didn't think those numbers are right. I remember when Georgetown miraculously won the BET in 2021 they broke the tie with UConn.

Reaction Score

8 - Gtown
7 - UConn
6 - Nova
5 - Syracuse
2 - PC, Pitt, BC
1 - WVU, Marquette
I don't think his regular season titles #'s are accurate either.
I was just looking it up because I didn't think those numbers are right. I remember when Georgetown miraculously won the BET in 2021 they broke the tie with UConn.
Someone needs to update the respective Wikipedia team pages then, that’s where I got the numbers. Altho on second look maybe they are including other conference titles along with the BE. UConn’s page specifies BE or Yankee….

When we joined the aac I could have sworn we were tied with cuse for regular season titles and gtown for tourney titles but that was over 10 years ago so I thought I misremembered

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someone needs to update the respective Wikipedia team pages then, that’s where I got the numbers. Altho on second look maybe they are including other conference titles along with the BE. UConn’s page specifies BE or Yankee….

When we joined the aac I could have sworn we were tied with cuse for regular season titles and gtown for tourney titles but that was over 10 years ago so I thought I misremembered
I’m sorry — you used Wikipedia as a place to find definitive facts?

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom