BE Champion vs Seton Hall post game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BE Champion vs Seton Hall post game thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a game. Alex still isn’t right and we didn’t get much from Cam, but the depth just shined today. Huge game from Castle and Clingan, big game from Newton, even Johnson was damned good today. Just showing how strong this team is.

So exciting to win the regular season outright. Love that for these guys.

Reaction Score
Having a sesoned Castle and Cliingan staying out of foul trouble and not getting hurt are the biggest differences from the first game. Well we also out rebounded them by 12 and 3 on the offensive glass. The defense that Castle gave us was magnificent coupled with his ability to drive and score 21. Just a great player and my favorite one from this year. Now lets win the BE Tourney! Go Uconn!

Reaction Score
Games like today are why I get season tickets. Not just seeing a blowout but feeling the energy from the students and fans, the seniors being honored….the electricity of it all just never comes through a TV the same. What a treat to send off those who won’t be back.

Reaction Score
When Dan Hurley first arrived, he was labeled as a coach who excelled at defense and toughness. He certainly wasn’t known as an offensive genius.

Fast forward to today, our team is such a pleasure to watch. The offense is absolutely beautiful. Tremendous offensive sets, great ball movement, great flow. Where did this come from? Whatever the answer is, I’m loving it!
Hurley gives a lot of credit for the offense to Coach Murray.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Haven’t watched the game yet so I’m avoiding all reviews/highlights. But saw Dan Hurley went to the bar (I think?) to celebrate with the student fans. Man of the people!

IMG_4291.jpeg

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Another bonus: we will likely pass Purdue to go to #2.

Reaction Score
Revenge tour is completed and Clinched BE regular season champ!

This team is an absolute joy to watch!

Clingan a stat stuffer!
Castle 3 beautiful, thunderous dunks, he is a bona fide top 5 lottery pick!

Spencer, a beautiful Dirk-esque shot, and followed up with a dagger 3 off Diarra steal.

Too many to enumerate…
Cam seems to have a jugular gene, he is quiet and then boom, 2 shots, destroys any vestige of resistance. Have seen it in closer games more than once.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Castle had three dunks, the first two - all game face but the third... he cracked a smile. Can't wait to hear about his future, it's gonna be bright.

Did you guys see Karaban hoist Newton up in the air during the "hug line"? Loved that. Some real brotherhood there.

I swear this is the third game in a row where an opposing defensive player has jumped onto Clingan and rolled over him with no foul called. I mean if there is one foul that should be an easy one?

The best part though? Seeing Hollaway sitting on the bench about 5mins into the 2nd half. SIT DOWN THIS IS OUR HOUSE. Big East Champs 2024!!!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Everyone has said it all. This team has it all.

A few things for me to note: Castle and Newton...man, these guys are special in their different ways.

They made all the difference today and are big time difference makers when others' shots aren't falling.
Castle with confidence should be terrifying to other teams going forward and orgasmic for NBA teams.

Reaction Score
When Dan Hurley first arrived, he was labeled as a coach who excelled at defense and toughness. He certainly wasn’t known as an offensive genius.
we were 3rd in the nation in offensive efficeny last year so it is not new to this season.
he said after the NMST loss he needed to change his approach and redo the offense both in players and scheme. he has done that.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Castle had three dunks, the first two - all game face but the third... he cracked a smile. Can't wait to hear about his future, it's gonna be bright.

Did you guys see Karaban hoist Newton up in the air during the "hug line"? Loved that. Some real brotherhood there.

I swear this is the third game in a row where an opposing defensive player has jumped onto Clingan and rolled over him with no foul called. I mean if there is one foul that should be an easy one?

The best part though? Seeing Hollaway sitting on the bench about 5mins into the 2nd half. SIT DOWN THIS IS OUR HOUSE. Big East Champs 2024!!!
Saw that Clingan ducked down waited for the guy to roll over his back then dunked it!! Even my wife was yelling where’s rhe foul?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
There’s not enough talk about Steph Castle on a national level.
I have a feeling that is going to change in the next few weeks. He is hitting his stride. I think the recovery period is over. You can see the difference on the elevation with his dunks. His cuts are also quicker. He pretty much faked out three SH players and the lane opened straight up on one of his dunks. It is good just to fool one guy on where you are going with the ball, I will go back and look but I think he fooled three players on that play.

Reaction Score
Games like today are why I get season tickets. Not just seeing a blowout but feeling the energy from the students and fans, the seniors being honored….the electricity of it all just never comes through a TV the same. What a treat to send off those who won’t be back.
Yes sir. I was bummed to not be there today.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Remember in a huddle last year he told his players ,"those guys (UConn) have nothing!"?
From head coach Shaheen Holloway’s postgame radio interview:

1. On what went wrong: “I came out here out of respect, but I don’ t really have too much to say. We got embarrassed and that’s that.”

2. On the defense: “They just beat us today. You’re probably not going to get a lot out of me today. It’s embarrassing how we played. Give those guys (UConn) credit, they came out on senior night and handed it to us. But we’ve all got to do some soul-searching and figure out how to finish out this season strong, on a high note.”

3. On having a short memory: “We have no other choice. We have to…against a really good Villanova team that’s playing really well of late. But I ain’t worried about them. I’m worried about us right now. I’m worried about our mental right now. Some things I want to say, I can’t say, so I’m just going to leave it at this: UConn did a great job this afternoon, came in and handed it to us We’ve got to do some soul-searching the next couple of days and try to get a win on Wednesday.”

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This team is incredible. Castle hitting his stride at the right time
Voters will have to be operating on a strict, "Cannot be voted BE Freshman of the Week, if team plays only one game that week" protocol for Castle not to tie Carmelo Anthony for most times (10) in one season. And there's one more week before final voting takes place prior to the BE Tournament. Let that be the tiebreaker.

Seton Hall in December was Stephon's first post- surgery game without a minutes restriction. He was not prematurely thrown all-in to get tested against Richmond.

Today was the day for that, and WOW!

For anyone who said, "Imagine what this team will be like when it's fully healthy," we've seen it against Marquette, Villanova and Seton Hall. Evenly-matched teams at the 10-minute mark in the first half, and 3 blowouts.

The anomaly was with Clingan benched early in Omaha.

PS - In these played-at-full-strength games, only Pitino and Cooley were less than fully generous in their post-game remarks, as though their team's losses were all on their players and themselves.

Reaction Score
Everyone knew Cam Spencer had not scored well into the second half and gave a good cheer when he hit his 2 pointer. When he hit the 3 it was beyond loud. Huge energy boost to the crowd. Castle solved a lot of problems today. He just keeps putting the pressure on the opposing defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom