Be a legend David Benedict- Go get Gus Malzhan | The Boneyard

Be a legend David Benedict- Go get Gus Malzhan

Reaction Score
That would be a legendary move. What are the realistic odds Malzahn would actually want to coach at UConn? 500-1?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So having a coach for a year or two who doesn't want to be here is the dream for some here?

Nevermind he'll have a choice of a dozen jobs better than UConn. Hey, Urban Meyer is available.

This has nothing to do with Randy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As a reminder, Malzahn went 68-35 in his time at Auburn, never had a losing season and made it to the BCS championship game.

And still got fired. At UConn that gets the field at the Rent named after you, a statue and street named after you.

He even has three wins against St. Nick.

Problem is he has Alabama, LSU and now it looks like Jimbo has A&M on track. With Kiffin at Ole Miss and Leach at Miss St. that left Arkansas as the only gimme win in the SEC West for the next few years.

And they'll have the $21M to buy him out.

UConn is playing a different sport than much of FBS football.

Reaction Score
Auburn fans are clearly traumatized by UCF's 2017 championship claim.

Don't forget Muschamp gets 20 mil. These buyouts are ridiculous transfers of wealth over failure. Where else do you get rewarded like this for failure?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For the love make sure Randy’s office is empty before you pick up the phone

Reaction Score
Anybody going to kick in to sweeten the asst coaches salary pool?
I can throw in a few hundred if I don't buy my family Christmas presents. I'll just tell them their Christmas present will be a winning football team.

Reaction Score
Recruiting in the Sec vs an indy Uconn is an entirely different animal. He'd never succeed in this situation.

Reaction Score
Recruiting in the Sec vs an indy Uconn is an entirely different animal. He'd never succeed in this situation.
UConn has top level facilities and is a top 25 public university. The only thing UConn doesn't have is the lax admission standards that other schools have for recruiting and the dollars to pay assistants. I bet if UConn either paid the assistants so that they'd stay or the school recruited like other top schools do, the on field product would be a lot better. I mean look at what Schiano did in one year at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
UConn has top level facilities and is a top 25 public university. The only thing UConn doesn't have is the lax admission standards that other schools have for recruiting and the dollars to pay assistants. I bet if UConn either paid the assistants so that they'd stay or the school recruited like other top schools do, the on field product would be a lot better. I mean look at what Schiano did in one year at Rutgers.
The admission standards for athletes is not much higher than other schools. It's a convenient excuse for coaches who end up with a weak recruiting class due to their own struggles or the lack of a winning culture at UConn football. You are correct about the money. Potential coaches know that the state is hurting financially and support for the program looks bleak.

Reaction Score
Think Les Miles at KU. Could work in time but there are no sure things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom