BCU?? | The Boneyard

BCU??

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Who is BCU? I keep seeing posters referencing BCU and I'm guessing this is BC, Boston College. If so, I did not know they added 'University' to their name. I have seen a number if posters on both the football and basketball boards referencing BCU so rather than continuing to wonder, I'm asking now.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UConn fans call them this because the ACC official website initially listed them under those intiials.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
boston college university.

was it the mayor that went to say "congrats to bc to the acc...." and instead said "congrats to bcu or something"

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Thanks for clarifying. I figured it was an inside joke that I missed because I wasn't on the UCONN boards back then.

Reaction Score
UConn fans call them this because the ACC official website initially listed them under those intiials.

I think one of the bowl games also did the same thing on their website, like "The 20xx Something Something Bowl: Navy vs BCU"

It would be like if the Fiesta Bowl referred to UConn as Connecticut College.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was Swofford when he officially welcomed BC into the ACC.

Reaction Score
Last week I was on the Hartford Courant live chat that Dez Oconner hosts when someone referred to BCU...thought to myself there's a Boneyarder.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who is BCU? I keep seeing posters referencing BCU and I'm guessing this is BC, Boston College. If so, I did not know they added 'University' to their name. I have seen a number if posters on both the football and basketball boards referencing BCU so rather than continuing to wonder, I'm asking now.

BCU could realistically open the season 0-2 after losing to Northwestern's backup QB last week.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
BCU also lost their top receiver for the season (ACL tear).

Folks here would probably recall the name Ifeyani Momah...

Reaction Score
BCU also lost their top receiver for the season (ACL tear).

Folks here would probably recall the name Ifeyani Momah...
Definitely remember Momah when we were recruiting him. I saw he looked banged up towards the end of that game. I didn't realize it was a torn ACL. Sorry to hear that. Kid is tough as hell b/c he was playing until the very end.

The BCU QB got laid out on the games final play too. He was rolling around on the turf in a lot of pain. Pretty physical game.

Reaction Score
It was Swofford when he officially welcomed BC into the ACC.

As it goes when Swofford, ACC Commissioner, was introducing the new teams after the raid at a presser, he stated "Welcome University of Miami, Virginia Tech University, and Boston College University."

Just the beginning of ACC land knowing and caring about BCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom