BCU finishes up some history | The Boneyard

BCU finishes up some history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even though this wasn't a shocker by any means, they lost by 21 to Harvard at home tonight-- making them a perfect 4 for 4 on the year at losing to in state teams.

Oh, and they were all by double digits.

Holy Cross by 22, UMass by 36, and BU by 14 were the others. I'd be surprised if another BCS conference school has ever run up such a stat vs. second-tier instate schools.

(Edit: Sorry, just saw there's another BC thread but this stat deserves some of its own shine anyway)
What can I say, sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due. Hats off to BCU and their athletic program.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. This might be one of the worst accomplishments by a major conference basketball team in history.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I could run that athletic department better than Flipper, I mean, I couldn't really do any worse, literally...

Reaction Score
BCU had 13 points at halftime. 8,000 caught this game, pretty good by BCU standards.

All can think is that God was watching when BCU was stabbing its partners in the back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BCU had 13 points at halftime. 8,000 caught this game, pretty good by BCU standards.

All can think is that God was watching when BCU was stabbing its partners in the back.

How many people there were rooting for Harvard? Half? And aren't they still stabbing their partners in the back? They cash the checks without even trying to put a decent team on the court or field.

Reaction Score
I'm really glad they're representing New England so well for the ACC. Can the ACC subtract teams?

Reaction Score

BC had 13 pts in the 2nd half - not many of the 8000 were there for the end

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BCU gets what they deserve. They fired 3 pretty good coaches in FB, MBB and WBB and brought a group of ham and eggers who only talent seems to be as Flipper fluffers. They are to the ACC what Temple was to BE football. They aren't even pretending to try.

Reaction Score
Their only sense of accomplishment this year comes from helping block a bid for UCONN to join the ACC. Once a POS always a POS.

PE-TOOWEY!!!!!!! I spit on them.

Reaction Score
BCU gets what they deserve. They fired 3 pretty good coaches in FB, MBB and WBB and brought a group of ham and eggers who only talent seems to be as Flipper fluffers. They are to the ACC what Temple was to BE football. They aren't even pretending to try.
You nailed it on the coaching. No team should be that bad as consistantly as they are. BC (refuse to call them BCU because it is redundant) is located in one of the best college cities in the country and they still can't recruit or field competitive teams outside of hockey...not exactly the sport of choice in the ACC. How many mistakes does Flipper have to make before they can him?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Look I hate BCU as much as anyone, but this is a ridiculous case of cherry picking games to prove a point. BCU is perfectly capable of losing to anyone in the country. Just pointing out how they've been completely manhandled by every other team in Massachusetts that they played is completely understating their incredible stank. Let’s try to be fair and not understate what they've achieved with this year's team. It’s epic.

Reaction Score
“It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be the New England team.’’ - Gene Defilippo

0-5 against FBS programs in football
0-4 against in-state schools in basketball

Congrats Mr. Defilippo, looks like you're well on your way!

Reaction Score
You nailed it on the coaching. No team should be that bad as consistantly as they are. BC (refuse to call them BCU because it is redundant) is located in one of the best college cities in the country and they still can't recruit or field competitive teams outside of hockey...not exactly the sport of choice in the ACC. How many mistakes does Flipper have to make before they can him?

Not sure if you know the story, but when they first moved to the ACC, the ACC website put up an official welcome to "Boston College University" for joining their league. They've been BCU here ever since.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you know the story, but when they first moved to the ACC, the ACC website put up an official welcome to "Boston College University" for joining their league. They've been BCU here ever since.
Didn't know that piece of info but it is still redundant if not unique. Under normal circumstances they would have changed their name to BU but it was taken and I find that funny in an odd way.

Reaction Score
acc basketball sucks period. BC being horrible is just par for the course for anyone in the acc not named duke or unc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom