BCS Championship | The Boneyard

BCS Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What a couple of weeks.

Boise and Stanford eliminating themselves last week.

OSU loses to ISU.
Oregon losing to USC

I wasn't a fan of an LSU/Bama rematch over any unbeaten teams, but at this point, I'd put LSU in the championship game even if they lose to Arkansas or to Georgia in the SEC championship.

No way you can tell me that LSU isn't one of the top 2 teams in the country.

Reaction Score
LSU isnt going to lose at all their defense is nasty, offense is good enough their o-line is outstanding and sick special teams

Reaction Score
What's interesting is LSU still has to play Arkansas. And even if they lose to Arkansas, they have to play in the SEC title game due to their tiebreaker rules. So as unlikely as it is, LSU could play themselves out of the national championship entirely since they have the opportunity to lose twice. While Alabama/ Arkansas are sitting back and watching the SEC title game with nothing to gain..or lose.

Also, how unlucky is Arkansas..having such a loaded team yet needing to play the two best teams in the country on the road

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What's interesting is LSU still has to play Arkansas. And even if they lose to Arkansas, they have to play in the SEC title game due to their tiebreaker rules. So as unlikely as it is, LSU could play themselves out of the national championship entirely since they have the opportunity to lose twice. While Alabama/ Arkansas are sitting back and watching the SEC title game with nothing to gain..or lose.

Also, how unlucky is Arkansas..having such a loaded team yet needing to play the two best teams in the country on the road

If LSU loses to Arkansas they aren't going to the SEC championship game. For two weeks straight I've heard callers call in to sports radio down here in the south and ask this question every day. Sometimes twice a day. I have a 60 mile commute to work each way and listen to 3 hours of sports radio. The hosts all say that LSU misses out on SEC championship if they lose.

In a nutshell, Arkansas, LSU and Bama would all be 7-1 in conference and all be 1-1 against each other in the mini round robin. Going through SEC tie breakers, they would then look to the two (out of the three) highest ranked teams in BCS standings and then check the head to head between those two. There's even a provision for teams within 5 spots of each other in BCS standings and some other .

Oddly enough, LSU could lose to Arkansas, miss out on the SEC championship and still make it to the BCS championship as the #2 team if the SEC West representative loses to Georgia in the SEC championship game.

I can't imagine too many people thought out tie breakers or implications of having three teams in the same division of the same conference being in the top 5 in the country.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Oregon down 3, driving with 1:13 left. Looks like a barnburner.

Reaction Score
If LSU loses to Arkansas they aren't going to the SEC championship game. For two weeks straight I've heard callers call in to sports radio down here in the south and ask this question every day. Sometimes twice a day. I have a 60 mile commute to work each way and listen to 3 hours of sports radio. The hosts all say that LSU misses out on SEC championship if they lose.

In a nutshell, Arkansas, LSU and Bama would all be 7-1 in conference and all be 1-1 against each other in the mini round robin. Going through SEC tie breakers, they would then look to the two (out of the three) highest ranked teams in BCS standings and then check the head to head between those two. There's even a provision for teams within 5 spots of each other in BCS standings and some other ****.

Oddly enough, LSU could lose to Arkansas, miss out on the SEC championship and still make it to the BCS championship as the #2 team if the SEC West representative loses to Georgia in the SEC championship game.

I can't imagine too many people thought out tie breakers or implications of having three teams in the same division of the same conference being in the top 5 in the country.

The provision I read was that LSU would play in the SEC title game unless they were more than 5 spots apart from the 2nd place team in the BCS standings, which is all but certain. I'm guessing your sources are right but it seems to be a very confusing rule. Nonetheless, my point is that the SEC West champ could be at a disadvantage needing to play the extra game, while the other SEC West teams get a week off where they can't lose.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I' headed to BR for the LSU-Arky game friday, and I've got to admit, I am a little worried. Rankings tomorrow should be : 1. LSU 2. Bama 3. Arky....LSU's schedule has been a freaking beast this year.

Tonight basically guaranteed that LSU will not make the SECCG if they lose to Arky. They would have to remain above Arky in the BCS to go into the head to head tiebreaker with Bama. Now that Arkansas will be #3, that won't happen.

Reaction Score
I'm expecting LSU-Alabama for the title. Which I will not watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom