BC | The Boneyard

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
pitched there heaping pile of crap better then uconn pitched its growth and rise in sports. truly just unreal to think. its one thing to tell someone in a room we can expand the stadium. its another to have some drawings and plans, put those out in the media and take questions on the idea one afternoon. perception is everything. both of those tactics were about the fact of expanding the stadium. but one showed a bit more that we really have intentions. the other makes it seem like we are a bit scared to do so.

JD thinks he can get southern new england with either of uconn or bc. he said it a while back. i hoped it would be us and i thought no way our leadershiup could be so incredibly stupid where we couldn't win that argument. but what did we just watch? bc was going down in flames. they got a new ad from a mac school. but this one seemed to want to change things unlike the one we got. he got a new football coach or 2, 2 guys that would absolutely rock this state if they were here. imagine steve and don in ct with this facility. i saw half of that potential on defense this fall. its truly a frucking crime that we didn't do that. we could have fired p and gdl and had a unbelievable staff for what we need. but no, bc pulled it off while warde had donuts and susan played email exchange with her awkard brother up in upstate new york about switching jobs one time for funnies.

bc bball sucks, fball was a fire and all they had was puck. but they sacked up and got after it. flipped the coaching staff in a hot minute. the new ad knows his stadium is 45k and he knows he had fenway and the razor. but hes been public already about how the stadiumj will be looked at and improved upon. ppretty clear where he is going with that. but he had other things to do first. uconn could have put ourselves over the top and we sat still. we are worried about video message board and lax right now. thank god i was getting worried about those things...just a dam shame. these 2 have run this school into the ground. bc will be going with uva to the b10.

the c7 don't want uconn, they want a new different future, one where they have tier 2 games on the b10N. yea thats right, even the frucking c7 will be on the b10N but uconn couldn't figure it out. remember who was talking about that not to long ago?

most here have always been upset about what the NBE is right now. while i poke a joke or 5 i am not upset and if u actually read me u know what i'm talking about. there were to many moves still to be made. we lost, we will end up in a beat down acc. now thats better than the nbe yes, but the acc will be left out of a slpit if it ver happens so we are going form the worst bcs conf to the new wors bcs conf and possibly the best ncaa conf. stinks. but thanks all thanks to our great leadership. i look forward to gaves vs temple, wake and syracuse. thats the future of the acc. a northeast left out conf. deleware can not wait to upgrade as they think they can cream umass quickly in most sports in the bottom half of the acc years from now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Your timeline ignores how long BC took to flip the flipper! You make it seem like they are super quick to take action. And yes I know your argument is they are trying to position themselves for the B!G. But that is a theory that is unsubstantiated. More likely after so many seasons of being in the crapper they took action. UConn could go three times as long with PP at the helm before UConn appears slower than BC.

Reaction Score
If UConn upgraded to D1A football in 1993 instead of 2003 and followed the same track, we likely would've been in the ACC in 2004 instead of BC. Football relatively even, perhaps slight edge to BC, basketball miles apart. The NC bball schools would've strongly favored us over BC in that scenario.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
pitched there heaping pile of crap better then uconn pitched its growth and rise in sports. truly just unreal to think. its one thing to tell someone in a room we can expand the stadium. its another to have some drawings and plans, put those out in the media and take questions on the idea one afternoon. perception is everything. both of those tactics were about the fact of expanding the stadium. but one showed a bit more that we really have intentions. the other makes it seem like we are a bit scared to do so.

JD thinks he can get southern new england with either of uconn or bc. he said it a while back. i hoped it would be us and i thought no way our leadershiup could be so incredibly stupid where we couldn't win that argument. but what did we just watch? bc was going down in flames. they got a new ad from a mac school. but this one seemed to want to change things unlike the one we got. he got a new football coach or 2, 2 guys that would absolutely rock this state if they were here. imagine steve and don in ct with this facility. i saw half of that potential on defense this fall. its truly a frucking crime that we didn't do that. we could have fired p and gdl and had a unbelievable staff for what we need. but no, bc pulled it off while warde had donuts and susan played email exchange with her awkard brother up in upstate new york about switching jobs one time for funnies.

bc bball sucks, fball was a fire and all they had was puck. but they sacked up and got after it. flipped the coaching staff in a hot minute. the new ad knowxs his stadium is 45k and he knows he had fenway and the razor. but hes been public already about how the stadiumj will be looked at and improved upxon. ppretty clear where he is going with that. but he had other things to do first. uconn could have put ourselves over the top and we sat still. we are worried about video message board and lax right now. thank god i was getting worried about those things...just a dam shame. these 2 have run this school into the ground. bc will be going with uva to the b10.

the c7 don't want uconn, they want a new different future, one where they have tier 2 games on the b10N. yea thats right, even the frucking c7 will be on the b10N but uconn couldn't figure it out. remember who was talking about that not to long ago?

most here have always been upset about what the NBE is right now. while i poke a joke or 5 i am not upset and if u actually read me u know what i'm talking about. there were to many moves still to be made. we lost, we will end up in a beat down acc. now thats better than the nbe yes, but the acc will be left out of a slpit if it ver happens so we are going form the worst bcs conf to the new wors bcs conf and possibly the best ncaa conf. stinks. but thanks all thanks to our great leadership. i look forward to gaves vs temple, wake and syracuse. thats the future of the acc. a northeast left out conf. deleware can not wait to upgrade as they think they can cream umass quickly in most sports in the bottom half of the acc years from now.

Did I miss McMurphy's tweet of bc to B1G? Just cause Susan spouts meaningless platitudes doesn't mean the game is over....

Or does it? S-w-a-I-m, among others, is reporting Armageddon is just about upon us...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Did I miss McMurphy's tweet of bc to B1G? Just cause Susan spouts meaningless platitudes doesn't mean the game is over....

Or does it? S-w-a-I-m, among others, is reporting Armageddon is just about upon us...

i dont care what those wvu hillbillies say. they are fun to read and joke about. we have a serious issue on our hands. our leadership sucks. we got out pitched by bc for a open slot. the college sports world is 100% about perception. not winning or money, perception. i can't say it enough. we never played the game and we are getting burt over and over for it.

when md and ruty went to the b10 what could u say aout each school? rutgers in year 1 of flood is looking good on the fball field. md under rangoon was clearly having a tuff time but they clearly were on the right path. they cleaned house and were rebuilding. both of those schools have $ problems but both of those will be fixed by b10 $ so the perception is all good towards them. rutys spot would have been uva or they would have added 4. uva had a mess on its hands with the bot and prez. the b10 couldn't let that hurt the perception of the move. so uva had to wait until they cleaned things up. meanwhile the new bc ad sees whats coming and even tho hes not aau, he pitches a brilliant frucking strategy to the b10. boston u is aau now and we really like there hockey. we are two of the giats of HE. our programs turn on cable boxes. bu has no fball dreams yadayada. how about among everything else we have talked about bc wise, you can make your puck league gold and kill off HE to a mid major status over time kinda like the c7. what JD envisions is that he will have such great puck content in the future he can sell tons of bball games to tier 1(fox or espn bidding war) and still have enough for the b10n to be fine in the winter. more tier 1 inventroy means more $.

the JD says ok, but i need to make sure i capture all of nyc north to boston with this, how about we tier 2 the c7, fox can help us with that. there are enough c7+bc+bu fans in the area where the b10N will get on the cable boxes with uconn. bc has pitched the ultimate fruck you to uconn and our leadership instead of mounting up and going for it, folded. they think fans will be happy with our about to be taken acc invite along with cincy and temple. they are betting that the old big east plus ac leftovers will make us happy enough where people wont wuestion them. wrong, they took the easy way out becuase on there watch we technically upgraded leagues. so they can't be blammed for anything bad. we lost becuase they wern't agressive. they just played the survive game.

the sec will add only 2. i think the sec wants to do 2 of unc and either vt or duke. the loser of that decides the future of the b12. if duke wins then the b12 goes to 16. if vt wins the b12 goes to 14. vt is to valuebale to the b12 to be left out but duke is sec or nothing. ncst is getting messed with and i feel for them. there b12 invite hinges on vt missing on the sec. wake knows its in the acc for good with north east schools. it wont take long before u hear them start pitching ecu, yea i said it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bc fell off a dam cliff and didn't break a bone. thats just so sad that we couldn't take advantage of it. its pain in uconn fans veins. we couldn't overthrow the king when he was on the ground eating dirt. we had the shot to tke over new england and instead we flopped like a fish out of water.

our future?

wake, pitt, cuse, lville, cincy, temple, usf, ucf and ecu. our leadership looks good becuase they got out of the NBE and got us to this ACC. its still a pile of trash. they could have gotten us into the b4 with some balls and they didn't. our days are numbered. if they had any sense they would go all out the next couple days on the b10 dream. throw everything at them. 80k stadium, new puck barn, road games in nyc anything and everything. tell them u will build a frucking highway from hartford straight to michigan if we have to.

but they wont. they will sit here for the next couple days and be happy with themselves thinking they did a good job. they got us to the acc! horay! un real. hope everyone is just pleased. we get to play bball games vs cuse and one less kid dies of aids in africa becuase butch says so. our old time bball fanbase is pumped to see wake forrest in action and can't wait to play pitt again. rot in hell.

Reaction Score
You give me a stomach ache HFD because I agree with what you write.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
bc fell off a dam cliff and didn't break a bone. thats just so sad that we couldn't take advantage of it. its pain in uconn fans veins. we couldn't overthrow the king when he was on the ground eating dirt. we had the shot to tke over new england and instead we flopped like a fish out of water.

our future?

wake, pitt, cuse, lville, cincy, temple, usf, ucf and ecu. our leadership looks good becuase they got out of the NBE and got us to this ACC. its still a pile of trash. they could have gotten us into the b4 with some balls and they didn't. our days are numbered. if they had any sense they would go all out the next couple days on the b10 dream. throw everything at them. 80k stadium, new puck barn, road games in nyc anything and everything. tell them u will build a frucking highway from hartford straight to michigan if we have to.

but they wont. they will sit here for the next couple days and be happy with themselves thinking they did a good job. they got us to the acc! horay! un real. hope everyone is just pleased. we get to play bball games vs cuse and one less kid dies of aids in africa becuase butch says so. our old time bball fanbase is pumped to see wake forrest in action and can't wait to play pitt again. rot in hell.

All this is certainly plausible, but do you have ANY inside info that bc is headed B1G? I don't see JD taking BC for hockey, only if it secures ND. I still worry more about UNC/GTech...

Reaction Score
we get to play bball games vs cuse and one less kid dies of aids in africa becuase butch says so.
I'd be more worried about you committing acts of violence while watching UConn play Michigan and losing or UConn being left out of the B1G. :p

Reaction Score
People are saying UVA and BC to the Big 10. I just find that hard to believe BC would be on their radar.

Reaction Score
In your effort to badmouth UConn, you are throwing Delaney under the bus as well. Delaney will do what is best for the long term growth and profitability of the Big Ten. And he will do so rationally, deliberately and wisely. And if you think he cares whether P or Spaz gets fired a year earlier or a year later, or how aggressively a school throws expansion drawings at him when he knows in both case they exist and will happen if the school in question goes to the Big Ten, you are totally, totally, nuts.

Of course, it probably says more about me than you that I am only now reaching that conclusion. Oh well.

Reaction Score
I am usually quick to laugh at baseless posts, so feel free to laugh at me and throw this in my face: for some strange reason i believe Uconn and BC end up in the BIG 10.
I have also been drinking a lot since we got passed over by the ACC....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Delany wants growth stocks, not tired old has-beens with a long history of mediocrity and an apathetic fanbase. BC brings nothing to the B1G except, possibly, Notre Dame. But Notre Dame has alum in NYC too and could easily partner up with UConn if it had to.

Reaction Score
Until the Big 10 having taken Rutgers, Maryland finds out whether that will bring them any actual sets in their areas, which personally I doubt, their won't be anymore expansion. My personal feeling is the Big messed up this time, Rutgers doesn't even excite new jersey and never has, Maryland is in neverland with all the pro sports in the area. When JD finds out the addition of those 2 schools cost everyone else money, there will be trouble in paradise.

Reaction Score

bc bball sucks, fball was a fire and all they had was puck. but they sacked up and got after it. flipped the coaching staff in a hot minute. the new ad knows his stadium is 45k and he knows he had fenway and the razor. but hes been public already about how the stadiumj will be looked at and improved upon. ppretty clear where he is going with that. but he had other things to do first. uconn could have put ourselves over the top and we sat still. we are worried about video message board and lax right now. thank god i was getting worried about those things...just a dam shame. these 2 have run this school into the ground. bc will be going with uva to the b10.

I enjoy this board and you are a big part of that - but knock it off. You either have insider knowledge and fess up to it, or you are considering a mosaic and share your thought process properly. This in between is annoying, particuarly when it is a pessimistic viewpoint.

Reaction Score
HFD, as quirky and enjoyable as his posts are to read sometimes, does not and never has had any kind of insider knowledge.

Reaction Score
If there is one thing that chaps my @ss in all of this, it's how BC somehow took on pole position in this rat race, leaving Uconn in an uphill battle. Their right time, right place has been a chess move that now puts them in cockblock position. It's one thing if they had gone into the ACC, tore it up, played their way into a position of status in that conference. In the time frame since they made the move, their programs have turned into utter crap and the Uconn programs have spiked. They're a fish out of water as a Boston catholic institution playing in a southern conference made of primarily public schools. I just see no logical plus to that program over Uconn anywhere, anyhow. They've already shown they can drop to nothingness at the snap of a finger - it's almost hard to be as bad as they've become as quickly as they've become. Hockey? C'mon. Is a little bit of tradition, a Boston market that can care less about them and ties to ND enough to keep them valuable?

If Delaney does decide to lay a stake in New England, I would think smart enough to realize the school with the upside potential is Uconn. BC has shown their downside and how quickly they can establish it.

Reaction Score
Until the Big 10 having taken Rutgers, Maryland finds out whether that will bring them any actual sets in their areas, which personally I doubt, their won't be anymore expansion. My personal feeling is the Big messed up this time, Rutgers doesn't even excite new jersey and never has, Maryland is in neverland with all the pro sports in the area. When JD finds out the addition of those 2 schools cost everyone else money, there will be trouble in paradise.

Wait, so RU has the highest rated ESPN game in the NYC market of all time...and 4 out of the 5 highest rated games ever in the NYC market. On ESPN2 RU played in all 5 of the top 5 rated ESPN2 games in the NYC market of all time.

So if NJ doesn't care about Rutgers and never has, as you claim...does that mean that it's people in NYC watching these games and garnering the high ratings?

Or does it just mean that you're clueless....and mad at RU for going to the Big Ten in front of UCONN?

Based on averaging over 5o,000 people last year at our 7 home games....and easily getting the best ratings of any college in the NYC market (which includes nearly two-thirds of the state of NJ) ....Sounds like RU excites NJ just fine.

Reaction Score
Wait, so RU has the highest rated ESPN game in the NYC market of all time...and 4 out of the 5 highest rated games ever in the NYC market. On ESPN2 RU played in all 5 of the top 5 rated ESPN2 games in the NYC market of all time.

So if NJ doesn't care about Rutgers and never has, as you claim...does that mean that it's people in NYC watching these games and garnering the high ratings?

Or does it just mean that you're clueless....and mad at RU for going to the Big Ten in front of UCONN?

Based on averaging over 5o,000 people last year at our 7 home games....and easily getting the best ratings of any college in the NYC market (which includes nearly two-thirds of the state of NJ) ....Sounds like RU excites NJ just fine.
Personally, I think Rutgers will do very well in the B1G, at least audience-wise. The New Jersey Generals were the best supported franchise in the USFL. Help get us into the B1G. ;)

Reaction Score
BC has been Div-1 in football a lot longer than UConn. They have history(Flutie). UConn does not. Their basketball sucks and that brings UConn back into the conversation but still....UConn needs to go on a tremendous win streak and put a couple Pro Bowl athletes into the NFL for us to be ever considered for the B1G. And that takes time(5 years minimum) so don't be disappointed if we get passed up again the next time D-1 does the conference shuffle. Best bet for UConn, dominate and promote the new league, win bowl games, put players in the NFL, support the program, quit burning bridges we might need to use later(Bluementhal).

Reaction Score
...and put a couple Pro Bowl athletes into the NFL for us to be ever considered for the B1G

Embarrassed.gif

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
In your effort to badmouth UConn, you are throwing Delaney under the bus as well. Delaney will do what is best for the long term growth and profitability of the Big Ten. And he will do so rationally, deliberately and wisely. And if you think he cares whether P or Spaz gets fired a year earlier or a year later, or how aggressively a school throws expansion drawings at him when he knows in both case they exist and will happen if the school in question goes to the Big Ten, you are totally, totally, nuts.

Of course, it probably says more about me than you that I am only now reaching that conclusion. Oh well.

I agree that HFD is completely nuts if he thinks Delaney's deliberations factor who is coaching the football team.

I do worry a bit about the State's commitment to expand Rentschler Field. UConn does not own or operate the stadium and OPM's interests don't always align with UConn's.

Reaction Score
Im guessing that HFD may have read a tweet suggesting that BC would be part of a 4 school group that B1G goes after.

BC has been very shrewd and have always chosen to act early. They worked to keep UConn out of the ACC and if they do go to B1G they will have landed in a conference that is in a position of power, not one that is constantly looking over its shoulder like the ACC.

Still, I would be very surprised if B1G adds BC except if it is part of a large 4 team addition. There is no way that BC is in their top 2 (I would think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom