BC, Vandy, Miami all end season with 5 wins | The Boneyard

BC, Vandy, Miami all end season with 5 wins

Reaction Score
Gave BCU too much credit.

But Michigan State lost to Penn State today and ended up with 5 wins as well. Dodged a number of bullets today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
speaking of privates, there were some comments in the notorious thread about the highly unlikely scenario where BCU would leave the ACC. One would think the privates like Northwestern and Vandy would want to distance themselves from what is becoming the semi-pro college football league and create something more like the Ivies. But I'm sure none will just up and walk away from all the cash. With David Shaw resigning from Stanford it's worth consideration

"Can Stanford become one of the top teams in the Pac-12 again with a new coach? It’s a fair question given the current climate of college football. Stanford’s success with Shaw and Harbaugh came before players were able to transfer more freely and graduate transfers had become more common. The easiest way to rebuild a Power Five program is through transfers, and Stanford famously has one of the lowest acceptance rates in the country."

Reaction Score
BC has 3 wins.
Their programs are in a world of hurt and they will bring up the bottom of the ACC for years in football and hoops. I just don't see how they compete at a championship level......ever.

They will have that ACC money for as long as the ACC stays in its current configuration, but there will eventually be a day of reckoning and bottom feeders that bring small market shares will not fare well. In the meantime, BC can set the lofty goal of making the NIT once every 10 years or so.

Reaction Score
speaking of privates, there were some comments in the notorious thread about the highly unlikely scenario where BCU would leave the ACC. One would think the privates like Northwestern and Vandy would want to distance themselves from what is becoming the semi-pro college football league and create something more like the Ivies. But I'm sure none will just up and walk away from all the cash. With David Shaw resigning from Stanford it's worth consideration

"Can Stanford become one of the top teams in the Pac-12 again with a new coach? It’s a fair question given the current climate of college football. Stanford’s success with Shaw and Harbaugh came before players were able to transfer more freely and graduate transfers had become more common. The easiest way to rebuild a Power Five program is through transfers, and Stanford famously has one of the lowest acceptance rates in the country."

That is true but I also think coaches can get stale. What worked in 2016 doesn’t work as well in 2022. Plus other coaches study their work and come up with better strategies against it. Plus schools themselves change priorities. Guys they wouldn’t accept in 2019 they do in 2021 and vice versa. I think that is particularly true at private schools but it happens at publics too.

Reaction Score
Their programs are in a world of hurt and they will bring up the bottom of the ACC for years in football and hoops. I just don't see how they compete at a championship level......ever.

They will have that ACC money for as long as the ACC stays in its current configuration, but there will eventually be a day of reckoning and bottom feeders that bring small market shares will not fare well. In the meantime, BC can set the lofty goal of making the NIT once every 10 years or so.
Every school is 1 good hire from relevancy or at least competitiveness. Look at UConn and Kansas with Leipold and Mora. Look at where USC is in year 1.

I hate BC as much as the next guy and wish them nothing but the worst, but go make that Dave Clawson type hire and they will turn their fortunes around. That said I hope it never happens.

Reaction Score

It will be interesting to see if the ACC ultimately moves to an uneven revenue distribution system which favors those schools that actually bring in revenue to the conference. If so, I think that would be just the first step in nudging bottom-feeders to become competitive or risk being pushed out.

Reaction Score
Every school is 1 good hire from relevancy or at least competitiveness. Look at UConn and Kansas with Leipold and Mora. Look at where USC is in year 1.

I hate BC as much as the next guy and wish them nothing but the worst, but go make that Dave Clawson type hire and they will turn their fortunes around. That said I hope it never happens.

Why would the next coach who has success at BC in any meaningful way stay there for any length of time? They won't because they will be able to go to another P5 program with lots more money and a much more promising future once the ACC re-aligns! BC will most likely never see the ACC championship as the ACC is currently constituted.

As for BC hoops, any top recruit will do the easy math. If they want to go to the ACC why go to a perennial bottom feeder. If you want to play in the Northeast, UCONN and a lot of the Big East play some pretty good ball. BC hasn't sniffed the tourney in almost 15 years and I don't see any light at the end of that tunnel. Maine Black Bears.........wrap your head around that one.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I am vacationing in Fort Lauderdale and took in the Miami-Pitt game at Hard Rock on Saturday. Even wore the nice Miami polo my daughter bought me for the tailgate. Secretly rooting for Pitt to keep Miami from becoming bowl eligible. They didn't need my voodoo, but it worked.
Miami looked terrible. Quite sure we would smoke them.

Reaction Score
Why would the next coach who has success at BC in any meaningful way stay there for any length of time? They won't because they will be able to go to another P5 program with lots more money and a much more promising future once the ACC re-aligns! BC will most likely never see the ACC championship as the ACC is currently constituted.

As for BC hoops, any top recruit will do the easy math. If they want to go to the ACC why go to a perennial bottom feeder. If you want to play in the Northeast, UCONN and a lot of the Big East play some pretty good ball. BC hasn't sniffed the tourney in almost 15 years and I don't see any light at the end of that tunnel. Maine Black Bears.........wrap your head around that one.

You could have stopped "As for BCU hoops..." Everybody knows what follows that phrase will not be pretty.

Reaction Score
Canning Al Skinner was easily the most stupid move ever made in college basketball. That put the nail in the coffin.
This is what I mean by firing competent coaches chasing the shiny new young up and commer. You just don't know.

Reaction Score
This is what I mean by firing competent coaches chasing the shiny new young up and commer. You just don't know.
Totally agree and it's rampant in major college athletics. Football is absolutely off its rocker.

That fanbases have to take some ownership of this. They scream for loyalty from these coaches when they're winning and as soon as losses come they want them canned.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How m any guys have come in that were touted as "the guy" since? That Colgate guy? Not anymore. It's a place where careers go to die now.

Reaction Score
How m any guys have come in that were touted as "the guy" since? That Colgate guy? Not anymore. It's a place where careers go to die now.
Adazzio didn't do half bad at BC.

Reaction Score
Adazzio didn't do half bad at BC.
He was fired from BC and went to a non-p5 school and got fired there and now he is an o-line coach. If that is not a career dying then I am not sure what is.

Reaction Score
He was fired from BC and went to a non-p5 school and got fired there and now he is an o-line coach. If that is not a career dying then I am not sure what is.
I said didn't do half bad I didn't say he turned the program around. He's the best coach they had since they left the Big East.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
BC football is doing their best Syracuse basketball impression.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
BC football is doing their best Syracuse basketball impression.

And now Jurkovec in the portal. Wow.

Reaction Score
And now Jurkovec in the portal. Wow.
And he's going to Pitt. Three ACC teams is really bizarre but he is from Pittsburgh so I guess why not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom