BC Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BC Post Game Thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Frustrating game... questionable decisions.

But...the team has gotten significantly better under Mora. They are competitive in most games and play hard. BC is a decent team and the game was on the road. A 1-6 team kept it interesting.

He needs to hire a DC and think about replacing Charlton. Every week Mora complains about the offense. I don't know how you keep an OC that you complain about every week. Unless Charlton is linked to Welliver.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Did not see much on the PK scenario but nice to see Ruelas in there. He can actually hit the end zone on kickoffs. That said, WTF is Jimmy doing kicking a 54 yarder down 7 with 7? He was very optimistic and eventually wrong we’d get the ball back on a stop.

Reaction Score
I was at the game live and outside of the play calling, penalties and dropped passes, our defensive front was total garbage. Couldn’t stop the run, couldn’t pressure the passer. Garbage.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed listening to the announcers talking about Mora knowing what he was getting him into coming into a rebuild situation. Were they referencing cleaning up for Edsel or what he’s facing next year attempting to clean up his own 1-11 season...and Charlton should have been fired after the first half...horrible.

Reaction Score
One of the most concerning and head scratching things about this season is how satisfied Mora seems to be with something that resembles a close game.

Like he expects us to lose every game and the fact we kept a game close means we are fighting hard, getting better.

That only makes sense when your team starts winning some games. Nothing I saw today indicated anything other than we go out and there and try and complete - but that’s it. I would almost call it going through the motions.

Our games if you think about it haven’t been that close except for one. Even that one, at best we were going into overtime - that’s it.

All the rest, it isn’t like we we winning at the end and the other team made some spectacular play to win the game.

We have one of the worst records in Division 1 Football and I’m convinced Mora has thrown in the towel.

Reaction Score
Listen man, I understand you have gotten a lot of run out of the “Fire Nick Charelton” bit….and I actually agree, he’s a bad OC.

But BC moved the ball without any resistance today and last week USF did when the game was on the line.

The defense has regressed MASSIVELY this season and at this point is JUST as big a problem than the bad playcalling.
Our D did wet the bed on a few possessions these last few games, BUT, our offense, with the offensive 3 and outs showed no support. That's a winded unit, albeit, still improving...
Bottom line, we MUST do better offensively. Gotta suggestion to the OC play calling, or even QB Roberson: keep depending on your WRs when they make a big drop. Go back to them. Seems like we miss on a pass play because of a drop then, next play we fake ourselves out. Since these are our guys, and you don't bench them, and there's no "next man up" going on, challenge them to make a play the next time...just sayin...

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to next week's upset. It's a trap game for Tennessee :D
It must be. On ESPN website, the cheapest seats are $80 so obviously the Tennesse fans are expecting a game. Other UConn games including today's were less than $20. /s

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
After that 4th and 1 we should have booked Charlton an Uber and sent his ass back to Maine where he belongs.
So you know I’m a Maine fan and when Harasymiak took the team to the final 4 with Charlton it was unreal. Then Harasymiak left for Minnesota and Charlton took over the team. It quickly became clear that Harasymiak had been the straw that stirred the drink. Charlton was solid, good at times, but not great.

The guy who took over for Charlton, Yale’s Jordan Stevens, has Diacoed the program. We’re 3-13 since Charlton left.

When Charlton was named OC here I was hopeful he’d be solid but unspectacular. I thought he could be a middle of the road OC who showed flashes of more. I was very forgiving for quite a while. But it’s obvious he’s not the right guy for this job.

If he gets on that Uber to Orono, though, he’d be welcomed back with open arms. Could be Maine’s Randy Edsall moment.

Reaction Score
Don’t love the FG choice, as many don’t. But letting them clock you for almost 7 minutes to end the game..would have loved another chance to get the ball

Reaction Score
One of the most concerning and head scratching things about this season is how satisfied Mora seems to be with something that resembles a close game.

Like he expects us to lose every game and the fact we kept a game close means we are fighting hard, getting better.

That only makes sense when your team starts winning some games. Nothing I saw today indicated anything other than we go out and there and try and complete - but that’s it. I would almost call it going through the motions.

Our games if you think about it haven’t been that close except for one. Even that one, at best we were going into overtime - that’s it.

All the rest, it isn’t like we we winning at the end and the other team made some spectacular play to win the game.

We have one of the worst records in Division 1 Football and I’m convinced Mora has thrown in the towel.
Actually, I get what he's saying. This a long-term thing. We got duped last year. That team rose above. This one, more or less, although a little more, a lot less experience...
He's trying to build something sustainable...honestly, we still look a lot better than those Edsall 2.0 years....hate the losing, but, we should/better see a team way more prepared to win next season and beyond

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Leaving stadium. Moras decision to try for 52 yd field goal in swirling winds on 4th and 7–when we’d been moving ball despite three holding calls was one of the worst strategic decisions I’ve seen. 3pts still has us needing TD. Chances we’d get that deep in BC terr again were slim and none. Hair pulling moment.
l
This. I was all in on Mora, this call was ridiculous. It was literally the worst call other than maybe faking a kick. It would have been reasonable to go for it based on the time, situation, our record, and how we were moving the ball. It would also have been reasonable to punt it and HOPE our D held them (unlikely based on the rest of the game). Kicking a FG was 1) strategically wrong since we still needed a TD to take the lead and 2) almost impossible to hit in the conditions and with our personnel.

It was a coaching failure and it rests 100% on Mora.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
So you know I’m a Maine fan and when Harasymiak took the team to the final 4 with Charlton it was unreal. Then Harasymiak left for Minnesota and Charlton took over the team. It quickly became clear that Harasymiak had been the straw that stirred the drink. Charlton was solid, good at times, but not great.

The guy who took over for Charlton, Yale’s Jordan Stevens, has Diacoed the program. We’re 3-13 since Charlton left.

When Charlton was named OC here I was hopeful he’d be solid but unspectacular. I thought he could be a middle of the road OC who showed flashes of more. I was very forgiving for quite a while. But it’s obvious he’s not the right guy for this job.

If he gets on that Uber to Orono, though, he’d be welcomed back with open arms. Could be Maine’s Randy Edsall moment.

I love the verb "Diacoed". I would give you 1000 thumbs up if possible.

Reaction Score
Same thing different Saturday. It’s pathetic. Mora and co are not getting the job done. The school and Dave need to make a decision and tbh it’s not a hard one. Find the money, pay a good coaching staff and give it another try. Cuz this ain’t it.

Air Force is 7-0 and I don’t think they’re pumping out NIL money. It’s a coaching issue at the end of the day. Im done with Mora. 1-7 is not acceptable anywhere else and it shouldn’t be here.
I’m getting very tired of your negative stick.

Our record sucks, but the team is clearly competing. Seems like it’s 2 or 3 plays a game that screws us.

In conclusion:

Thanks for your interest in UConn FB.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mind boggling that our coaches don't know the skills of our players. 54 yard kick after what we saw this year from our kicker. Wasn't even close.
Please explain

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
After that 4th and 1 we should have booked Charlton an Uber and sent his ass back to Maine where he belongs.
Considering that right before that play Mora stepped onto the field to call a time out and during that time out spoke directly to Robeson I'm not sure that the play call wasn't Mora's.

Reaction Score
Another impossibly stupid take.

Look at the time of possession. Your expectations of the defense are ludicrous.

I’m putting you on ignore because you are too stupid to interact with.
Was the defense worn down in the 1st half when they gave up almost 250 yards?

We were lucky to get to halftime 14-7

Reaction Score
I’m getting very tired of your negative stick.

Our record sucks, but the team is clearly competing. Seems like it’s 2 or 3 plays a game that screws us.

In conclusion:

Thanks for your interest in UConn FB.
Nah dude. We have every reason to be pissed off and demand change. Sorry that you’re ok with a dumpster fire but that’s not acceptable to 99% of fans.

Reaction Score
Actually, I get what he's saying. This a long-term thing. We got duped last year. That team rose above. This one, more or less, although a little more, a lot less experience...
He's trying to build something sustainable...honestly, we still look a lot better than those Edsall 2.0 years....hate the losing, but, we should/better see a team way more prepared to win next season and beyond
I guess you have a point. I guess I am trying to reconcile my expectations this year that we would win some games - as many are here.

Reaction Score
It must be. On ESPN website, the cheapest seats are $80 so obviously the Tennesse fans are expecting a game. Other UConn games including today's were less than $20. /s
The one thing we can say, is we’ve played a schedule that should prepare us for this game. We also have nothing to lose. I hope that Rosa gets back out there - we missed him today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom