BC Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
For the first time since we have been an independent, after the game today I really feel like football needs to get in a conference for football only, if possible, until, or if, we ever catch a break and get into a major conference in all sports. The players need to have a goal to reach that makes games more meaningful for them. As a fan, winning league games and watching games in your league make the season much more interesting.

Reaction Score
Same thing different Saturday. It’s pathetic. Mora and co are not getting the job done. The school and Dave need to make a decision and tbh it’s not a hard one. Find the money, pay a good coaching staff and give it another try. Cuz this ain’t it.

Air Force is 7-0 and I don’t think they’re pumping out NIL money. It’s a coaching issue at the end of the day. Im done with Mora. 1-7 is not acceptable anywhere else and it shouldn’t be here.

Reaction Score
Why does it take us falling behind 2 scores before this OC opens up the playbook and when he did we actually moved the ball very well. The only thing that killed us on that last drive to tie the score were 2 holding penalties by the TEs. As far as the DTs, they were dominated. I know they were on the field a long time, but even in the first half they were getting gashed. Very disappointing and the fact that Tennessee is one of the best running teams in the country does not bode well. The only positive to that is running the ball keeps the clock moving and maybe keeps the game respectable. Hope so since I'll be there. And like others, just the inability to get off the field today killed us. I don't get or like the only rushing 3 on third and long. Needed to bring more pressure especially with a gimpy QB.
These guys are giant wussies unwilling to allow players to make plays on O. We wait until we are in a hole to open things up and then when we close the gap we go back to sleep. I despise our OC. Hes a one bad trick bad pony that has never done anything notable to distinguish himself. Mora has his head in two places at once and is making bad decisions. So worn out from the FN program after the last 13 years.

Reaction Score
For the first time since we have been an independent, after the game today I really feel like football needs to get in a conference for football only, if possible, until, or if, we ever catch a break and get into a major conference in all sports. The players need to have a goal to reach that makes games more meaningful for them. As a fan, winning league games and watching games in your league make the season much more interesting.
I'm feeling this way as well. Get in one of those G5 conferences football. Hopefully our fans will take it easy on the wolf ticket smack talking so we can establish ourselves a little. Lord knows plenty of folks on here really went in hard. The AAC sent us packing too (tail between our legs)

Reaction Score
Leaving stadium. Moras decision to try for 52 yd field goal in swirling winds on 4th and 7–when we’d been moving ball despite three holding calls was one of the worst strategic decisions I’ve seen. 3pts still has us needing TD. Chances we’d get that deep in BC terr again were slim and none. Hair pulling moment.
l

Reaction Score
Our offense is hot garbage. There are some pieces there but they are wasted.

Defense did all we could expect because they spent the whole game on the field.

Once the offense was actually working Mora opted for a field goal that had less of a chance of success than getting the 6 yards we needed. That was the game.

Maybe the first time I have been really PO’d at Mora.

Reaction Score
Frustrating. However if it was a blowout as most expected you would shrug your shoulders and say same old huskies. Instead they keep it close against a P5 on the road and you still say same old huskies?

Reaction Score
This isn’t like the late Diaco or RE2.0 years. The players are physically competitive enough to win most of the games we’ve played this year.

This is a critical offseason to get the coaching staff in order, it’s time for a shakeup.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I've watched every game this season, like with previous seasons. Not sure why I keep doing it but here I am.

Despite the record, this team isn't horrible. Gotta make the right personnel and roster adjustments in the off-season.

Reaction Score
Anyone care to talk about Ross and Clercius dropping easily catchable passes? I'm guessing this falls on the playcalling for calling pass plays in those cases.

I was unable to watch the game. Did Joly play?

Reaction Score
This isn’t like the late Diaco or RE2.0 years. The players are physically competitive enough to win most of the games we’ve played this year.

This is a critical offseason to get the coaching staff in order, it’s time for a shakeup.

I just don’t buy that a team that goes 2-10 this year is fundamentally different than those previous 2-10 teams. Like at the end of the day we’re losing to FIU, USF, and Ga St. this is not what a flagship state program should look like and it comes down to the coaches. Other teams make it work with less money and name recognition. Our problem is we hire people who can’t win, manage, grow players, or learn from their mistakes.

Reaction Score
Our offense is hot garbage. There are some pieces there but they are wasted.

Defense did all we could expect because they spent the whole game on the field.

Once the offense was actually working Mora opted for a field goal that had less of a chance of success than getting the 6 yards we needed. That was the game.

Maybe the first time I have been really PO’d at Mora.
We gave up almost 250 yards on the ground and big runs in obvious running situations….the offense and defense can both be bad

Reaction Score
We gave up almost 250 yards on the ground and big runs in obvious running situations….the offense and defense can both be bad

Of course they will give up that yardage. They had two turnovers and two turnovers on downs, what else do you want them to do? Play offense too?

Eventually the dam breaks. You have an idiotic take.

Reaction Score
Same thing different Saturday. It’s pathetic. Mora and co are not getting the job done. The school and Dave need to make a decision and tbh it’s not a hard one. Find the money, pay a good coaching staff and give it another try. Cuz this ain’t it.

Air Force is 7-0 and I don’t think they’re pumping out NIL money. It’s a coaching issue at the end of the day. Im done with Mora. 1-7 is not acceptable anywhere else and it shouldn’t be here.
Exactly, we don’t need an NIL billionaire donor to be able to compete with the majority of the teams we play. We need better coaching and execution.

Our best offensive player today, Cam Edwards is a local kid who had (to my knowledge) no other D1 offers….

Again the FCS Dakota teams who are are some and would beat us do it with unranked talent outta HS.

Reaction Score
Of course they will give up that yardage. They had two turnovers and two turnovers on downs, what else do you want them to do? Play offense too?

Eventually the dam breaks. You have an idiotic take.
Listen man, I understand you have gotten a lot of run out of the “Fire Nick Charelton” bit….and I actually agree, he’s a bad OC.

But BC moved the ball without any resistance today and last week USF did when the game was on the line.

The defense has regressed MASSIVELY this season and at this point is JUST as big a problem than the bad playcalling.

Reaction Score
Listen man, I understand you have gotten a lot of run out of the “Fire Nick Charelton” bit….and I actually agree, he’s a bad OC.

But BC moved the ball without any resistance today and last week USF did when the game was on the line.

The defense has regressed MASSIVELY this season and at this point is JUST as big a problem than the bad playcalling.

Another impossibly stupid take.

Look at the time of possession. Your expectations of the defense are ludicrous.

I’m putting you on ignore because you are too stupid to interact with.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I still can’t comprehend the end of half play calling so you run it on 1st killing the clock then you’re willing to throw it on 4th not just throw but throw the ball downfield to Stafford? So you like to run the ball but aren’t willing to run it on 4th and 1, someone explain that logic to me.
I don’t mind sending Stafford out for an occasional check down but he can’t be a primary receiver on any play, let alone that play.

And that’s the LESSER problem on that play because we should have been running the ball in the first place.

Grueling season with and for this team.

Reaction Score
I don’t mind sending Stafford out for an occasional check down but he can’t be a primary receiver on any play, let alone that play.

And that’s the LESSER problem on that play because we should have been running the ball in the first place.

Grueling season with and for this team.

After that 4th and 1 we should have booked Charlton an Uber and sent his ass back to Maine where he belongs.

Reaction Score
Another impossibly stupid take.

Look at the time of possession. Your expectations of the defense are ludicrous.

I’m putting you on ignore because you are too stupid to interact with.
My bad for thinking giving up two scores in the 4th at home is a trait of a good defense.

Or that good defenses are allergic to forcing 3 & outs.

Nick Charelton has quite the nerve making Jackson Mitchell guess and miss gaps constantly, making Eric Watts forget how to pass rush and telling D Jones to never ever making a play in coverage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom