BC parking info needed | The Boneyard

BC parking info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A group of 20 of us going to BC game Saturday. Some of us going night before, others that morning . Looking to find a place to park. Don't mind if it is a little bit of a walk to stadium . Just trying to find one place for all of us to meet. I realize parking situation not great at BC, so any help would be appreciated .

Reaction Score
It's not only not great it's impossible. I'd park at the Riverside T stop and take that in. It's about a half mile walk to the stadium from the T stop. You can tailgate in the parking lot at Riverside too.

Reaction Score
It's not only not great it's impossible. I'd park at the Riverside T stop and take that in. It's about a half mile walk to the stadium from the T stop. You can tailgate in the parking lot at Riverside too.

actually, you can tailgate on the T as well. a disposable styrofoam cooler recommended :)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Coming from CT is the Riverside T stop the easiest one to get to from the Mass Pike? 6 of us going up and just planning on drinking in the T Lot before heading into the game. Was going to ask what T lot would be best to get to. I gave up on the idea of tailgating awhile ago after everyone said the parking is nonexistent at BC. So I figured this was best.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Nah... I've done Riverside to Fenway a few tmes. Less hassles depending on game time/day.
Disregard my last post....I thought you were being a wise @$$ and telling me to just look at Google Maps instead of asking for an answer because it showed up as Google Maps as the link you sent! :) Now I see that your response was a link to the stop. It changed.

There was a T stop I've used in the past that was right off the Mass Pike and was easy to get into Boston from and Riverside might be it. I don't recall the stop name right now which is why I asked.

Reaction Score
Riverside is actually off 128 not mass pike, but it's close.

Also BC has had various satellite parking lots where you can park and are the bussed in.

Reaction Score
BC fan here. I echo the Riverside suggestion. Easy access from the Pike and 128. Take the D line from there and get off at Chestnut Hill and walk down Hammond Street to campus. Don't try driving to campus to park unless you pay for the Lower Brighton pass (needs to be ordered beforehand). The Hammond Pond Parkway suggestion someone made above also isn't bad. I used to park there approximately 10 years ago, so I can't say whether it's still allowed now, but it's an easy walk up Beacon to campus from there.

For the UConn fans without a spot to tailgate on campus, I'd suggest bringing a cooler with beers and setting yourself up somewhere on lower campus. Somewhere like the mod lot might be a good spot for that. Another option a little further from the stadium but with a livelier scene (especially for people in their 20s) is the Upper Brighton lot area on the Brighton Campus. Drinking is allowed anywhere on campus during the tailgating hours (3hrs before and 2 hrs after the game), so it's just a matter of finding a place to plop yourself down. It's not ideal (we don't have a lot of space), but we make the best of it and it can still be a really good time.

For an idea of the areas I'm describing, check out the PDF map linked below. Note that what I (and everyone else at BC) call the mod lot is referred to as "Robsham Theater" on the map.

https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/top/alumni/pdf/BC_GOLD_Parking_Map2106.pdf

Reaction Score
Plenty of bars in Cleveland Circle (walking distance) or Newton Center ( T stop - 1 stop)

Reaction Score
The Lower Brighton lot says no tailgating, but does anyone know if there is any area nearby that we could set up a tailgate?

Reaction Score
The Lower Brighton lot says no tailgating, but does anyone know if there is any area nearby that we could set up a tailgate?

I believe there is a difference between off campus Brighton Satellite lot (no tailgating in satellite parking lots) and the on campus Lower Brighton lot. I would call to confirm.

Reaction Score
I believe there is a difference between off campus Brighton Satellite lot (no tailgating in satellite parking lots) and the on campus Lower Brighton lot. I would call to confirm.
Lower Brighton is on campus, but is parking only. No tailgating. But the Upper Brighton lot nearby allows tailgating. See my post above for more info.

Reaction Score
Lower Brighton is on campus, but is parking only. No tailgating. But the Upper Brighton lot nearby allows tailgating. See my post above for more info.

Roger. The map you provided clarifies it better - I was working off BC link/release which seemed to make a differentiation. Glad I'm going by bus ;)

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Can you drink on the T like you can on Metro North or will it require some more stealth to drink on the T? Plan on parking at Riverside and drinking there with friends before heading up to the game.

Reaction Score
BC fan here. I echo the Riverside suggestion. Easy access from the Pike and 128. Take the D line from there and get off at Chestnut Hill and walk down Hammond Street to campus. Don't try driving to campus to park unless you pay for the Lower Brighton pass (needs to be ordered beforehand). The Hammond Pond Parkway suggestion someone made above also isn't bad. I used to park there approximately 10 years ago, so I can't say whether it's still allowed now, but it's an easy walk up Beacon to campus from there.

For the UConn fans without a spot to tailgate on campus, I'd suggest bringing a cooler with beers and setting yourself up somewhere on lower campus. Somewhere like the mod lot might be a good spot for that. Another option a little further from the stadium but with a livelier scene (especially for people in their 20s) is the Upper Brighton lot area on the Brighton Campus. Drinking is allowed anywhere on campus during the tailgating hours (3hrs before and 2 hrs after the game), so it's just a matter of finding a place to plop yourself down. It's not ideal (we don't have a lot of space), but we make the best of it and it can still be a really good time.

For an idea of the areas I'm describing, check out the PDF map linked below. Note that what I (and everyone else at BC) call the mod lot is referred to as "Robsham Theater" on the map.

https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/top/alumni/pdf/BC_GOLD_Parking_Map2106.pdf
First thanks for info. I have a couple of questions. Purchased a parking ticket for the Lower Brighton parking garage. Does the $40 also include a ticket to game. They reference seating with a section , row and seat number. I figure this is maybe the parking space we need to park in, but not sure. It is a little confusing.

Also how far of a walk is it from garage to MOD area. We will have have coolers and food. Wondering if we can find a spot for a while then just bring stuff back to car before game starts. Do you suggest we bring chairs with us or will there be places to sit.

Are there places where you can get food if needed. Pub , cafeteria etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again

Reaction Score
First thanks for info. I have a couple of questions. Purchased a parking ticket for the Lower Brighton parking garage. Does the $40 also include a ticket to game. They reference seating with a section , row and seat number. I figure this is maybe the parking space we need to park in, but not sure. It is a little confusing.

Also how far of a walk is it from garage to MOD area. We will have have coolers and food. Wondering if we can find a spot for a while then just bring stuff back to car before game starts. Do you suggest we bring chairs with us or will there be places to sit.

Are there places where you can get food if needed. Pub , cafeteria etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again
I'm almost certain your $40 Lower Brighton parking pass does not include a game ticket. That should be separate. Also, Lower Brighton isn't a parking garage--it's just fields that they'll park you on.

The mods and mod lot are near the football stadium. From Lower Brighton, it's probably a 10-15 minute walk. If you're just going to hang out in the mod lot, chairs might be a good idea but keep in mind they will be left unsecured during the game. That's not really much of a concern though.

If you want food, the lower dining hall (aka Corcoran Commons) will be open. Also, El Pelon on Comm Ave (on the way from Lower Brighton to the stadium) has killer burritos.

Reaction Score
One word of caution using the Riverside T. It is a great, cheap easy way to get into Boston, especially for a Sox game. The downside is there are no bathrooms. There is a bathroom in the bus station there but there are signs that say it is for bus passengers only. I have never had problems using it but they might enforce the rule for drunk tailgaters. There is also no bathroom on the T itself, or pretty much near any of the spots where you get off. It will be over a 30 minute ride to get near BC. Just a word of caution if you are travelling with women or are "bladder challenged" like myself.

Reaction Score
Can you drink on the T like you can on Metro North or will it require some more stealth to drink on the T? Plan on parking at Riverside and drinking there with friends before heading up to the game.
I doubt many will care so long as you're somewhat discrete about it and don't sit near the front of the train where the operator is. You might actually have more problems drinking in the parking lot than on the train since there are sometimes MBTA police who patrol the lots.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I doubt many will care so long as you're somewhat discrete about it and don't sit near the front of the train where the operator is. You might actually have more problems drinking in the parking lot than on the train since there are sometimes MBTA police who patrol the lots.
Thanks...I think we were planning on staying in the car and drinking from cups if we went outside. Not going too wild. Bringing lunch up with us and gonna spend an hour or so drinking/eating lunch so not setting up chairs or anything. Hopefully it'll work out as we're going to need as much alcohol in our systems as possible for this game! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom