BC Not Getting Amaker | The Boneyard

BC Not Getting Amaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...ton-college/cRTUsPV9B2EB3gtJE788VM/story.html

Harvard men’s basketball coach Tommy Amaker has announced that he will remain at the university after being courted by Boston College.

Amaker released a statement expressing that his was heart was still with the program.

“After thoughtful deliberation, I continue to realize my heart is at Harvard,” he said. “To teach, lead and serve at this amazing institution, and in this special community, is truly meaningful to me.”

Amaker was one of the most prominent names mentioned to fill the men’s head basketball coaching gig at Boston College after the Eagles fired Steve Donahue. After seven seasons with Harvard, including three straight trips to the NCAA tournament, Amaker was seen as an attractive, local candidate to fill the job. But as time wore on in the search process, it became clear that Amaker was not ready leave Harvard.

Boston College has since steered its search to a second group of candidates, reportedlyincluding Syracuse assistant Mike Hopkins and St. Bonaventure coach Mark Schmidt.

Reaction Score
http://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...ton-college/cRTUsPV9B2EB3gtJE788VM/story.html

Harvard men’s basketball coach Tommy Amaker has announced that he will remain at the university after being courted by Boston College.

Amaker released a statement expressing that his was heart was still with the program.

“After thoughtful deliberation, I continue to realize my heart is at Harvard,” he said. “To teach, lead and serve at this amazing institution, and in this special community, is truly meaningful to me.”

Amaker was one of the most prominent names mentioned to fill the men’s head basketball coaching gig at Boston College after the Eagles fired Steve Donahue. After seven seasons with Harvard, including three straight trips to the NCAA tournament, Amaker was seen as an attractive, local candidate to fill the job. But as time wore on in the search process, it became clear that Amaker was not ready leave Harvard.

Boston College has since steered its search to a second group of candidates, reportedlyincluding Syracuse assistant Mike Hopkins and St. Bonaventure coach Mark Schmidt.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Wait just a minute, here. I thought Hopkins was Jimmy the Whiney's hand picked successor to the Orange throne? Have we all been duped??? Is he willing to abandon the greatness that Sean McDonough proclaims as "The Harvard of Central New York" for the toilet bowl that is BS College???

Reaction Score
No real surprise. Amaker may eventually leave Harvard, but only for a better opportunity within a power conference. BCU wasn't it. On to plan B for BCU.

Reaction Score
Who in their right mind would want BCU? You'd have to have few to no options. And be quite desperate.

Give me one good reason (to go) besides it's location....cause there are are oodles of other colleges in Boston besides BCU who don't suck.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If Amaker has any common sense he will remember his time running a major program, realize that he has a career position where he is and not even look at another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom