BC Interruption Suggest PP as Interim HC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC Interruption Suggest PP as Interim HC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Yes they do. There is a Trump like wall around New England that is all BCU. One exception Storrs and the Eastern half of Mansfield. That's 100% UConn.

I was kidding. BC "owns" two zip codes around Chestnut Hill, and nothing else.

Reaction Score
I've lived in New England all my life- all over, New Hampshire, RI, CT... And no one gives 2 about BCU and never has. I love it!
Uconn's home game football attendance the last 3 years is less than that of BC however. Uconn football home game attendance blows too, if we're honest about. Playing home football games away from campus, and in crappy Hartford, is a challenge for even the die hard Nutmeggers. BC sucks now, but when they've been good, the school had to move the games off Alumni and move games to Foxboro, where 60,000 filled the place to see BC top Alabama, UNC, and the like there. So this caricature that nobody has EVER " given 2 schitts about BC football and " never has " really is simply untrue. Boston is a bandwagon town for sports. if you win, they'll show up, if you don't, they'll abandon you in a heartbeat. Ted Williams played in his last game at Fenway Park in front of mostly more than half empty stands. The team sucked, thats why. You could walk in off the street on game day and get a good seat for a Patriots game when the Sullivan's ran the team too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Uconn's home game football attendance the last 3 years is less than that of BC however. Uconn football home game attendance blows too, if we're honest about. Playing home football games away from campus, and in crappy Hartford, is a challenge for even the die hard Nutmeggers. BC sucks now, but when they've been good, the school had to move the games off Alumni and move games to Foxboro, where 60,000 filled the place to see BC top Alabama, UNC, and the like there. So this caricature that nobody has EVER " given 2 schitts about BC football and " never has " really is simply untrue. Boston is a bandwagon town for sports. if you win, they'll show up, if you don't, they'll abandon you in a heartbeat. Ted Williams played in his last game at Fenway Park in front of mostly more than half empty stands. The team sucked, thats why. You could walk in off the street on game day and get a good seat for a Patriots game when the Sullivan's ran the team too.
If you are gonna come on here and slam where UConn plays at least get it **ING straight! Rentschler Field is in EAST HARTFORD! When UConn won the place sold out EVERY weekend! Tailgating isn't even comparable! If you would like we can go to the on-campus facilities and compare facilities but I don't think you want to go there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To demonstrate how little interest there is in the Boston area for this Uconn- BC football game, Stubhub is selling some tickets at the moment for 6 bucks. My guess, by Friday, it'll be down to 3 bucks. Maybe what BC should do to limit their home field embarrassment is to do what Uconn did early this season.. just give the tickets away free, or better yet, just open up the gates on gameday, and let people just freely stroll in off the street to watch, if they've got nothing better to do in Boston this Sat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To demonstrate how little interest there is in the Boston area for this Uconn- BC football game, Stubhub is selling some tickets at the moment for 6 bucks. My guess, by Friday, it'll be down to 3 bucks. Maybe what BC should do to limit their home field embarrassment is to do what Uconn did early this season.. just give the tickets away free, or better yet, just open up the gates on gameday, and let people just freely stroll in off the street to watch, if they've got nothing better to do in Boston this Sat.

Seriously, do you have stock in Summer's Eve? Or, is your life so devoid of happiness that coming here and being a Grade-A is the only thing to look forward to?

Reaction Score
Seriously, do you have stock in Summer's Eve? Or, is your life so devoid of happiness that coming here and being a Grade-A is the only thing to look forward to?
My life is pretty happy and rewarding on the whole, I'd say. No complaints from me anyway. However, I plead guilty to being completely " devoid " about " Summer's Eve" and its current and / or historic stocks highs and lows. Maybe I should be up on this Company, and its stock prices as apparently you have. Maybe I'll check out their portfolio in the future if the interest moves me... we'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's be honest YW. BC football has been an afterthought in Boston sports for a while now probably since Flutie graduated. Lots of reasons that go beyond just winning. Red Sox are good as are the Pats. BC's student body and alumni are no longer from St Brendan's in Dorchester or St Anne's Neponset either. Guys from NYC, LA Chicago Dallas maybe go to a game a year, not seven. Twenty-five years ago everyone in Greater Boston either went to BC or had a neighbor or nephew or cousin who did. So they cared. No longer. For the average guy BC might as well be in Nebraska for all the connection they have.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Do you think PP will be given the BC head coaching job at half time just because UConn is in house? I give it 30% odds....

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
My life is pretty happy and rewarding on the whole, I'd say. No complaints from me anyway. However, I plead guilty to being completely " devoid " about " Summer's Eve" and its current and / or historic stocks highs and lows. Maybe I should be up on this Company, and its stock prices as apparently you have. Maybe I'll check out their portfolio in the future if the interest moves me... we'll see.
Your inability to even use "devoid" in the proper context proves that you truly deserve PP as a coach. You are truly the worst kind of troll. The Dooshebaggery you bring is old and tired. Yawn.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest YW. BC football has been an afterthought in Boston sports for a while now probably since Flutie graduated.
hmnn, ... I don't know. When BC had Matt Ryan at QB, BC was ranked 4th in the country, won their ACC Division, beat Virginia Tech, Florida State, Clemson, ND, Penn State, etc and the like, the Alumni Stadium crowds were good... sold out a few of those games too ( not too shabby, imo for a Pro sports crazed city like Boston for a small Private, Catholic Univ. ). You are correct however, imo, that BC is no longer filled with blue collar, Massachusetts based students any longer. The school gets its students now from every corner of the world. As such, few of them care about a BC- Uconn football game, as many of the current BC students don't know anybody from N.E., just the ones in their dorms and in their classrooms. So even if Uconn was good in football, most wouldn't care all that much for a non league matchup in football with Uconn. BC students are now increasingly from NY/ NJ. They are more interested ( those that are interested in BC football ) in seeing BC play a Rutgers, or a Syracuse. Uconn does nothing for them, as most of 'em have no connection via family, friends to much of anything in N.E., beyond their transitory 4 years they will spend in this region. Since BC stinks to high heaven now in both football and basketball, few of the current students care about these sports at all now at the school. I have no idea why BC is still getting over 20,000 for its home games still, as BC football is a joke at the moment. This is BC 's worst football team in over 4 decades, imo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
still a few seats available $50 + $75. Yale -Harvard just 7 miles away. 12:30 kickoff.
This BC- Uconn game has good seats still available for under 7 bucks on Stubhub today. Even a BC- Umass football game has more interest, juice, in Greater Boston for the non alums in Massachusetts... Stubhub was selling the Umass- BC football game tickets for 10- 12 bucks earlier this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
still a few seats available $50 + $75. Yale -Harvard just 7 miles away. 12:30 kickoff.
Those are the elite schools BC students couldn't get into.. bwa..ha..ha... freaking posers.

Reaction Score
Those are the elite schools BC students couldn't get into.. bwa..ha..ha... freaking posers.
True... and as we all know, the only way most Uconn undergrad students of today could get into Yale is on a campus tour pass handed out by Security Guards there. Heck, I couldn't get into either BC or the Ivies either at age 18. On the other hand, I had more money in my bank account on Graduation Day for my BA, and then later my Masters, than when I sat in on my 1st frosh undergrad class..... thanks to my Uncle Sam, who paid for pretty much all of it. The fact that so many of these BC ( and Uconn ) recent grads are living at home now..... with 50,000 or more in college loan debt they are saddled with, or are in dead end, or underpaid jobs now, shows how far off the rails college costs have become for students and their families, no matter the college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If that's true, why are you here constantly denigrating UCONN football? Don't go thinking I hadn't noticed your intentional obtuseness regarding my Summer's Eve crack, either.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
hmnn, ... I don't know. When BC had Matt Ryan at QB, BC was ranked 4th in the country, won their ACC Division, beat Virginia Tech, Florida State, Clemson, ND, Penn State, etc and the like, the Alumni Stadium crowds were good... sold out a few of those games too ( not too shabby, imo for a Pro sports crazed city like Boston for a small Private, Catholic Univ. ).
Lol.....when BC was ranked 4th in country you guys sold out a few games? Seriously? UConn was selling out the Rent basically since it was opened until late 2000's and we were never ranked.....so just stop. BC means nothing to Boston and if UConn continues on their trend we can say the same about UConn. However, UConn has shown to pull a much larger audience and you can't argue against that.

Also, just stop with the BC fans just care more about playing Syracuse and Rutgers crap. Are you kidding me that you actually believe that? The fans there couldn't even come out when teams like FSU and Clemson came to town. You really are going to try and tell us they care so much about two bottom programs like Syracuse and Rutgers too?

Just stop....please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek