BC attendance hits 18 year low. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC attendance hits 18 year low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Keep hanging those women's bb baners because clearly EVERYONE CARES.

Can we keep hanging men's bb banners too? I know at bcu fans don't really care about any sport.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Not for nothing Bob, but is it possible for Montell Harris to apply for a preemptive 7th season of eligibility? Dude is going to get seriously abused next season at The Depths behind that oh-line.

If I were a BCU fan (just threw up in my mouth at the thought) and my school's FB program was as vibrant as you described, that would concern me a whole bunch more than what a few folks on some messageboard out in the Inetrwebs were saying. Would you agree?...

Reaction Score
I came on here for my weekly update and seeing this thread made me realize that I don't remember when the last time was that I did not see a BC topic on the first page. Why do so many people here fixate on BC. I know they left the BE and the process PO'ed a lot of people, but we don't play them in any sport that really matters to either school. Uconn will be fine without BC and BC will be fine without Uconn. Do many actually believe that the two need each other?

Reaction Score
Rivalries are good for sports. They help galvanize interest. They are born of respect and/or hatred. The UConn/BC rivalry would be great for New England, which struggles to find passion among its college football fanbases. So yes, I would say we need each other. Bring it on1

Reaction Score
I came on here for my weekly update and seeing this thread made me realize that I don't remember when the last time was that I did not see a BC topic on the first page. Why do so many people here fixate on BC. I know they left the BE and the process PO'ed a lot of people, but we don't play them in any sport that really matters to either school. Uconn will be fine without BC and BC will be fine without Uconn. Do many actually believe that the two need each other?

I do

Reaction Score
Rivalries are good for sports. They help galvanize interest. They are born of respect and/or hatred. The UConn/BC rivalry would be great for New England, which struggles to find passion among its college football fanbases. So yes, I would say we need each other. Bring it on1
Agreed. BC found itself suffering from not having any real rivals in the ACC, and the ensuing years have proven that they aren't the great athletic power that they thought they were. That's why the ACC expansion included Syracuse and Pitt. (And to strengthen its basketball side.) It sure as hell wasn't a football move. Gene Di unfortunately can't overcome his own pettiness when it comes to us.

Reaction Score
I get this point of view living in Alabama. Rivalries do make the college sport experience more fun. But some of the posts here strike me as desperate. I almost get the impression that at least a few on this board feel Uconn needs to have BC as a rival.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wwwwooooooooooossssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

whats that noise? its a 747 that just flew over my office on its way out to OK. guess who is on board? its akeel lynch on his way out to sooner land to commit to them. yea your recruit class is looking just fabalous. did you get the official news on daniels yet over there? what are you down to 10 guys lol? remember when you guys were so happy that we couldn't get dobbs here? how does it feel now? besides a couple good nj guys your class is a joke for a acc team. if uconn was in a conf that had a good tv $$ deal just imagine what we could do with that $$. you guys are flushing it down the toilet.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't need BC for anything. I think many, including me, looked very much forward to having something with BC when it came to football, the same way I did with Syracuse, and Pitt, and Miami, and Virginia Tech, and West Virginia, and then later with Louisiville, Cincy and South Florida, and now with Boise, Houston, San Diego, Central Florida (Orlando's a nicew place to visit) and SMU.

We actually have played SMU before you know....lost, in stomach punch fashion.

I can't speak for any BC fans on if they actually looked forward to competing with UConn on the gridiron, but they probably didn't.

What's lunacy from these BC people, especially the ones actually in charge over there in Chestnut Hill, is that they fail to recognize how easy it would be to really crank up local interest in BC athletics again, if they would actually compete with UConn. But they'd rather cash in their ESPN check, and have empty seats in the stadium to make their money I suppose.

What is either intentional projection of ignorance, or complete idiocy though, is when BC fans proclaim that BC is superior to UConn in athletic achievement. At that point, in discussion, if you actually get a decent one, they'll usually fall back on quality of education, and all I can say at that point, is that by the quality of written discussion around here, and the quality of written discussion I see from BC fans, by analyzing that simple ability to communicate via written word.......the cost of an education most definitely does not correlate to the quality of education.

Reaction Score
I get this point of view living in Alabama. Rivalries do make the college sport experience more fun. But some of the posts here strike me as desperate. I almost get the impression that at least a few on this board feel Uconn needs to have BC as a rival.

I don't necessarily think that UConn needs to have BC as a rival, but UConn needs to have a rival, and a rivalry is a 2-way street. I like to watch all the new coach press conferences, and 90% of them end with - my job is to win a _______ conference championship, and to beat _________ every year. The win a conference championship is a throw-away comment for most, but all fan bases expect to beat _________. UConn doesn't have a _________. We try to force Rutgers to be it, but there isn't the same kind of passion - there could be someday, but as a fan base to we get as excited about playing Rutgers as we do about playing Syracure, WVU, Pitt? Maybe just a little.

I live in San Francisco and work in the financial district. I would say about 50% of my colleagues either went to Cal or to Stanford - the week leading up to the "big game" is unreal all around town, and each band marches around town on Friday palying in Union Square, around the bars, etc. We don't have that.

A rivalry with BC is a natural. How many times have the two teams played? Just a couple, and we haven't been in the same conference in nearly 10 years, but we compete head to head for recruits, the fan bases despise each other and frequently post on each others message boards about how inferior the other is - how many schools do that when they do not play each other, are not in the same conference and are not on the others' schedule, with really no chance to be in the forseeable future? None that I know of. BC is our rival.

Reaction Score
Well, instead of BC, we got Snooki. Not that I'm happy about it, but it hasn't disappointed. You can bet your life that Rutgers team and fans care only about one game on their schedule next year, and that game will probably see their most attendance, and it's when we go down the Jersey turnpike next year.

U

UConn9604

I want to play Boston College, for a lot of reasons. It's a good (but not great) school, it's close to us, a drive away, in a solid city. Tickets are easy to come by, too. Plus, ours has been a better football program than theirs for at least the last four seasons, and in basketball, we own them in the same way that a dog owns a fire hydrant. Easy wins across the board.

As for the rest of this drivel... I don't quite know what to say except, where you ask, "how does a regional rival do anything for attendance at Boston College?" maybe because it would put fannies in the seats. In our last two games at BC (2002 and 2004), we've filled the place to 95% of its capacity. (The 2002 game was particularly noteworthy because it was over Labor Day weekend, a traditionally bad weekend for attendance. The 2004 game was a sell-out.)

The only two teams to top 95% in attendance since BC joined the ACC? Miami and Virginia Tech. Every other team, besides those two, has fared worse than UConn at the BC box office. (That's just football. Should we discuss basketball?)

But hey, you'll always have Doug Flutie, and Rick Kuhn, and Chris Cosenza -- and you'd probably leave Lou Montgomery at home again, too, for the right price.

Yea, they've were ranked #2 in the country since the switch, but I guess thats irrelevant. Its amazing the number of Boston College threads on this garbage message board, be a little more envious. It will be interesting to see what yukons attendance does when they make a switch, back to 1AA where they will still be mediocre.

And how does a regional rival do anything for attendance at Boston College? 1 game against THE WORST TEAM IN THE WORST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA will not help attendance at BC. Sueconn at BC did nothing for attendance when they came in the past (and shockingly yukon was better then they are now and still didn't belong on the same field) and will do nothing now. PP is going to sink this program worse than Spaz is sinking Boston Colleges (simply because BC can recruit itself as a GOOD school and not a mediocre regional state school in the northeast.)

The delusion on this board is comical. The way you all talk you would think you have a product on the field that means anything. sueconn has never been relevant and never will be anything of significance. You tied for the worst record in your conference and have the worst recruiting class in the NNNBE. The future looks bright. Keep building that fence pawl (even though you already lost the states top 2013 recruit ... to Boston College) Enjoy that AQ because its gone in 2014. Keep hanging those women's bb baners because clearly EVERYONE CARES.

Reaction Score
I don't necessarily think that UConn needs to have BC as a rival, but UConn needs to have a rival, and a rivalry is a 2-way street. I like to watch all the new coach press conferences, and 90% of them end with - my job is to win a _______ conference championship, and to beat _________ every year. The win a conference championship is a throw-away comment for most, but all fan bases expect to beat _________. UConn doesn't have a _________. We try to force Rutgers to be it, but there isn't the same kind of passion - there could be someday, but as a fan base to we get as excited about playing Rutgers as we do about playing Syracure, WVU, Pitt? Maybe just a little.

I live in San Francisco and work in the financial district. I would say about 50% of my colleagues either went to Cal or to Stanford - the week leading up to the "big game" is unreal all around town, and each band marches around town on Friday palying in Union Square, around the bars, etc. We don't have that.

A rivalry with BC is a natural. How many times have the two teams played? Just a couple, and we haven't been in the same conference in nearly 10 years, but we compete head to head for recruits, the fan bases despise each other and frequently post on each others message boards about how inferior the other is - how many schools do that when they do not play each other, are not in the same conference and are not on the others' schedule, with really no chance to be in the forseeable future? None that I know of. BC is our rival.
Thanks. I understand this point and agree that in a perfect world Uconn/BC would happen. The more I think about it I guess part of the problem may be that with SYR & Pitt gone in a couple of years the only thing left on the FB side is RU.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
a game with bc is a natural rival. fans live in each others back yards. yank-sox style. but if we ever get a invite to the Big and they are stuck in the acc, then i say screw them. we would be higher on the food chain and could really truly make them a nobody in new england by ignoring them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, instead of BC, we got Snooki. Not that I'm happy about it, but it hasn't disappointed. You can bet your life that Rutgers team and fans care only about one game on their schedule next year, and that game will probably see their most attendance, and it's when we go down the Jersey turnpike next year.

While I'm sure they care about all their games... if the internet is correct they might play a historically bad schedule next year. It looks like they only have Howard, Army, Kent State and Tulane scheduled out of conference to date. If West Virginia finds a way out... that might be the worst schedule played by a BCS team in history.

Reaction Score
a game with bc is a natural rival. fans live in each others back yards. yank-sox style. but if we ever get a invite to the Big and they are stuck in the acc, then i say screw them. we would be higher on the food chain and could really truly make them a nobody in new england by ignoring them.

Can't have it both ways. Your mindset is exactly the mindset of BC fans - "We're in the superior ACC, why bother playing UConn?"

Reaction Score
bcu fans love to refer to UConn as sueconn. What they fail to say is UConn successfully sued bcu and the acc for 5+ million. The suit was successful because bcu was sleezy.

Reaction Score

The only thing that going to the B10 would do is help allow Minnesota and Indiana to no longer take turns being the doormat, as sueconn has plenty of experience with that already in teh worst conference in America. A Boston College yukon game would mean nothing to anyone at BC. We already dominate sueconn in this area recruiting wise and are the dominant program. No reason to throw a bone to the piss poor puppies (even though a rivalry often requires another team to at least BE COMPETITIVE, which sueconn, has of course, not been against BC).

Keep dreaming. Its so pathetic how envious you are of Boston College. Multiple threads every day proves this. Keep pretending that anyone outside of Storrs actually cares.

And in re: to Akeel Lynch, yep another recruit we beat you for who got offered by one of the best programs in the country late. Probably one of our top recruits, and if he goes he goes. At least he wasn't our NO DOUBT BEST recruit who was TOO STUPID TO BE ADMITTED TO A MEDIOCRE NORTHEAST STATE SCHOOL. Keep churning out those 2 stars PAWL, the FCS is waiting for you with open arms.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The only thing that going to the B10 would do is help allow Minnesota and Indiana to no longer take turns being the doormat, as sueconn has plenty of experience with that already in teh worst conference in America. A Boston College yukon game would mean nothing to anyone at BC. We already dominate sueconn in this area recruiting wise and are the dominant program. No reason to throw a bone to the piss poor puppies (even though a rivalry often requires another team to at least BE COMPETITIVE, which sueconn, has of course, not been against BC).

Keep dreaming. Its so pathetic how envious you are of Boston College. Multiple threads every day proves this. Keep pretending that anyone outside of Storrs actually cares.

And in re: to Akeel Lynch, yep another recruit we beat you for who got offered by one of the best programs in the country late. Probably one of our top recruits, and if he goes he goes. At least he wasn't our NO DOUBT BEST recruit who was TOO STUPID TO BE ADMITTED TO A MEDIOCRE NORTHEAST STATE SCHOOL. Keep churning out those 2 stars PAWL, the FCS is waiting for you with open arms.

Lol.

Is that the reaction you were looking for? I usually hope people laugh when I tell jokes, too.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The only thing that going to the B10 would do is help allow Minnesota and Indiana to no longer take turns being the doormat, as sueconn has plenty of experience with that already in teh worst conference in America. thats just a stupid way to start your rant, get real. if any team could go 0-for in a 1st year in the b10 it would be bc, didn't you watch your team this fall? you prob didn't, thats why the attendance came back so low. A Boston College yukon game would mean nothing to anyone at BC. it would at the least little bit piss off bc fans in year 1 that so many uconn fans came to there house =ing bc fans to pack the place to deny the rival. tickets sales go up.We already dominate sueconn in this area recruiting wise and are the dominant program. what recruit this year did you guys win over us in new england? what am i missing? your 2 MA guys didn't get uconn offers. a couple of our new england guys had bc offers. next year you have issacs, but considering there are 20 more new england kids still to fight over i'm not sure where your coming from.No reason to throw a bone to the piss poor puppies (even though a rivalry often requires another team to at least BE COMPETITIVE, which sueconn, has of course, not been against BC). yup were not competitive. we goto bowl games a couple years in a row, then a bcs game, then our coach leaves and we have no qb, a fr rb and a weak wr rotation among other holes and we bring in a new coach etc. in the end were 1 stop of 1 score in several games from going 6-6 and we end up 5-7. bc on the other hand can't get out of harms way in the acc and this year you just continuted that downward trend. next year 3-9 right?

Keep dreaming. Its so pathetic how envious you are of Boston College. Multiple threads every day proves this. Keep pretending that anyone outside of Storrs actually cares. its not bc's great of the field results lately that uconn fans want, its just a simple payday for our great on the field results lately. were stuck without a tv deal compared to other teams and it hurts. just imagine if uconn had $$ to spend like u guys do. if the acc was smart, the teams would get together and vote you and wake out and add ruty/uconn/nd/1 more. that would revamp the league and give it something to talk about becuase god knows you guys aren't bragging about that bcs record right now. but uconn went o-1 wawawa you guys stink. well atleast we got there.

And in re: to Akeel Lynch, yep another recruit we beat you how did you beat us out for him if hes not going to bc? for who got offered by one of the best programs in the country late. we lost our juco TE to OK a couple weeks ago, we know what its like, but i haven't seen a celebration from bc fans like it was more than the dobbs thing, the reason was becuase they knew we had a stud that was higher ranked and more thought of then lynch. Probably one of our top recruits, and if he goes he goes. At least he wasn't our NO DOUBT BEST recruit whitmer is our best recruit who was TOO STUPID TO BE ADMITTED TO A MEDIOCRE NORTHEAST STATE SCHOOL grades wasn't the issue, so tell me again about daniels getting into bc?. Keep churning out those 2 stars PAWL, the FCS is waiting for you with open arms. the worst possible for us is a league with ecu/temple/vosie/usf/ucf/smu/uh/etc. that league may not have tradition or a great tv deal, but it would clean the accs clock on the field which is sad.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Can't have it both ways. Your mindset is exactly the mindset of BC fans - "We're in the superior ACC, why bother playing UConn?"
why can't i? bc does now. they wont play uconn but if the acc adds us then game on. so lets give that bs way of it right back to them. f them, we owe them nothing. at a point in time they owed us millions. if we endf up better off then them i say we f them just like they are trying to do(but its not working becuase they are led by a fliptard).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To stop those monsters 1-2-3,
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free,
It's got Paul Anka's guarantee...
Guarantee void in Tennessee.
Just don't look! Just don't look!

Reaction Score

I don't mind visitors who provide entertainment. How is this one doing?

Clever? No.

Well written? LOL.

Factually accurate? Well, the Big East isn't the worst BCS football conference and UConn hasn't finished last in it since '06, when we were still playing with players who were being recruited before we joined the league.

One for the ignore list

Reaction Score
Have to agree. Witnessing someone have a nervous breakdown online is a little unsettling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom