BC at USC - Don Brown's D | The Boneyard

BC at USC - Don Brown's D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching on the Pac10 Channel. Don Brown with the blitz, slot wide open, Touchdown. Too much blitz.
Next series: BC offense. Moving backwards and punt.
Next series: USC offense: driving. BC looking dazed/confused/disoriented (kind of like Uconn - makes you wonder about all the fuss with having us in the ACC - neither team can get any worse)
All the the camera work is doing a good job hiding it, stadium seems empty-ish. You can hear people yelling things like "draw" on the field.

Reaction Score
Just about to check out of here for the Rent, but Don Brown just ran a mega blitz on USC first down from its own 20. 80 yards for the touch. Brown burned again. 14-0.

Reaction Score
Having seen BC earlier this year, they don't have the athletes on D that we had last year. Trevardo and Sio were freak athletes now in the NFL. And having two cornerbacks that are NFL caliber makes those blitzes look like no brainers when those guys on the outside are seldomly overmatched. Wish i could see this game.

Reaction Score
Watching the game. Brown's aggressiveness on D lead to USC's easy first TD in the red zone. Then, the big play for a long TD. These are the same problems we saw at UConn last year. Honestly, Brown's defense looks great at times, but gives up the big play and has been taken advantage of in the red zone. Yes, he was energetic at UConn, but I don't think he was a big loss.

Reaction Score
Yes, he was energetic at UConn, but I don't think he was a big loss.

are you kidding? We had no energy vs Towson. We win that game if Don Brown was still here. BTW it is USC at USC, it's not like they're getting steamrolled by an FCS program.

It's only 14 - o at halftime. Don Brown is keeping them in the game. People mocking his D are dumber than P.

Reaction Score
USC's offense looked hapless against Washington State when I watched them. Looked like a team incapable of driving the field for a score, now as a DC you should take that into account and make them march down the field and beat you and not maximize their chances by giving their explosive athletes chances to beat you one on one with their athleticism. Wish I could watch this, but DB is very much a one trick pony.

Reaction Score
are you kidding? We had no energy vs Towson. We win that game if Don Brown was still here. BTW it is USC at USC, it's not like they're getting steamrolled by an FCS program.

It's only 14 - o at halftime. Don Brown is keeping them in the game. People mocking his D are dumber than P.

UConn's defense had one of the worst rated red zone defenses in college football last year and one of the worst defenses for creating turnovers with 4 NFL draft picks. You draw your own conclusions. I also remember the Temple game where Temple drove down the field at the Rent for the win.

BTW, USC's offense is terrible this year. If you watch the two TDs, they were defensive scheme problems. The first TD in the red zone was a classic call to take advantage of Brown's aggressiveness.

I do agree we beat Towson with Brown, but I would rather have Todd Orlando back.

Reaction Score
I made several of the same points about Brown here last week. There's a reason a lot of good coaches--like Saban for instance--are not big fans of an all out aggressive defense.

Reaction Score
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332570030

You can see the highlight of the second TD here. The safety wiffed on a tackle. It wasn't Brown's fault. Sheeesh.

So, the best WR in college football is not covered on the play and a BC player dives to try to tackle him, but misses and you don't see a problem with this? It was a defensive scheme problem that lead to a big play and a TD.

Reaction Score

I think a lot of people really like the aggressiveness of Brown's D.
Yes, it got burned now and then, but how can you possibly question a coach that had uconn's defense mentioned among the nations best. uconn didn't lose last year because of our D.

Reaction Score
UConn's defense had one of the worst rated red zone defenses in college football last year and one of the worst defenses for creating turnovers with 4 NFL draft picks. You draw your own conclusions. I also remember the Temple game where Temple drove down the field at the Rent for the win.

BTW, USC's offense is terrible this year. If you watch the two TDs, they were defensive scheme problems. The first TD in the red zone was a classic call to take advantage of Brown's aggressiveness.

I do agree we beat Towson with Brown, but I would rather have Todd Orlando back.
UConn was 2nd in trips to the red zone allowed. Alabama was #1, UConn #2. Most of those trips to the red zone happened when the D was beat from being on the field the entire game.

And I wouldn't exactly call USC's offense terrible! The one TD was a missed tackle, not a scheme problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom