BC and Maryland are bowl eligible | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC and Maryland are bowl eligible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On a side note, West Virginia is now bowl INeligible. It's amazing how fast you can go from "offensive guru" to "the guy who let Kansas win." Remember when the Boneyard was full of people saying, "We need somebody exactly like Dana Holgerson?

It's crazy how fast things can change.
I guess thats what happen's when you change the very system that made you what they were !! I hope we (UConn) maintain's their Defensive identity and tough O-lines no matter who get's hired, tho a wide open O might help make us more TV friendly and must-watch games for national perception ? If WVU can fall that quickly surely we can rise just as quickly !

Reaction Score
This thread amazes me. I wish our biggest problem was our coach acting like a dork after becoming bowl eligible in mid-November.

Ironically the only negative comment about Randy in this thread is you saying he acted like a dork.

That video is hysterical!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
HCRE comes to my mind these days about as often as Walt Nadzak. Ancient history.

Reaction Score
I am happy Randy is having a good season, he is a very good coach and did great things here, bringing the programs to heights I did not think was possible. Too bad the administration completely flushed everything he built down the toilet.

Reaction Score
I am happy Randy is having a good season, .

Edsall may have saved his job this past Saturday. Not sure he would have recovered had we lost, yet there now seems to be a renewed spirit. CJ looked like him old self which makes us all wonder if he was hurt worse than just the concussion. If he survives this year and gains some momentum with a bowl win, we may be onto something as 95% of the team is back and depth is starting to build, even with another year of injury.

Reaction Score
Edsall may have saved his job this past Saturday. Not sure he would have recovered had we lost, yet there now seems to be a renewed spirit. CJ looked like him old self which makes us all wonder if he was hurt worse than just the concussion. If he survives this year and gains some momentum with a bowl win, we may be onto something as 95% of the team is back and depth is starting to build, even with another year of injury.

It just sounds like Maryland has manifested the same tendencies UConn had when Edsall had UConn at its zenith under his tenure. Characteristically he would start of strong, have a mid season slide and then make up just enough ground towards the end to get it done.

The main question will be if Maryland will be happy with 8-4 or 7-5. He might have a 9-3 season in him somewhere. He is a sound coach, that is exceptional in some areas, but form some reason his teams falter where/when they shouldn't.

Reaction Score
The bad news for Maryland is that Edsall might earn an extension.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Not sure it is so bad as I would have taken FHCRE over FHCPP any day of the week

Reaction Score
At what point do you think you will stop acting like scorned girlfriend who got dumped for a prettier girl?

Reaction Score
It just sounds like Maryland has manifested the same tendencies UConn had when Edsall had UConn at its zenith under his tenure. Characteristically he would start of strong, have a mid season slide and then make up just enough ground towards the end to get it done.

The main question will be if Maryland will be happy with 8-4 or 7-5. He might have a 9-3 season in him somewhere. He is a sound coach, that is exceptional in some areas, but form some reason his teams falter where/when they shouldn't.

The last coach got fired off of a 9-4 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom