BC and Maryland are bowl eligible | The Boneyard

BC and Maryland are bowl eligible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Makes me want to puke. Duke beating up Miami, good for them

At least Cuse and Rutgers got spanked. Nightmare season

Reaction Score
Northeast football has always been mediocre, but I have never seen it this bad.

UConn is the worst team in the country. Syracuse is bad. Rutgers is bad. BC and Maryland may be bowl eligible but they are not good and BC was awful the last couple years. WVU is awful. Pitt their usual mediocre selves.

None of these schools heading upwards from where they were a couple years ago.

Chickens coming home to roost for all these schools being in leagues outside of the geographical footprint.

Reaction Score
BC plays a hard nosed type football...not speedy, not flashy..but very physical up front.

They have been the toughest team that FSU has played this year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How in the latest Randy dance getting no play?

Reaction Score
How in the latest Randy dance getting no play?
It wasn't as bad as his victory dance against WVU when he was our coach. No player even bothered to talk to him, shake hands, etc.

Reaction Score

UConn is the worst team in the country. Syracuse is bad. Rutgers is bad. BC and Maryland may be bowl eligible but they are not good and BC was awful the last couple years. WVU is awful. Pitt their usual mediocre selves.

Chickens coming home to roost for all these schools being in leagues outside of the geographical footprint.

Always felt that Notre Dame would have been to far more BCS Bowls had they joined the Big East (like West Virginia, like Virginia Tech and Miami before). They all want to jump to what they consider better conferences for what? Only one team can win that conference. Anyone think the Patriots haven't benefitted from the AFC East being so sucky the past 5 years or so. Sucky though it may be . . . . they aren't apologizing for being in the playoffs. So keep jumping into anonymity in these other conferences.

Reaction Score
Well....Notre Dame just isn't going to give up independence...until they absolutely have to.

They didn't play in BCS bowls for a while because they were bad...they play in the top 12 and they are in...

Reaction Score
Pitt, Syracuse, Vt, Miami, BC, WVU, probably looked better than they actually were playing against teams like Temple, Rutgers, UConn and each other.

Even before the start of defections, other conferences considered the BE irrelevant and classified them as the BIG "Least" of BCS conferences. That may have some "legs"........why are those that were tagged to be the icons in any version of the BE having far less success in other conferences.

UConn isn't even relevant in a conference (AAC) made up of left overs from BE and "best of" C-USA.

And what conference does UConn think they'll be invited to.........and be competitive in?

We may need better coaches........but we definitely need more talented players before we think of moving anywhere.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Neither West Virginia, nor Maryland should be considered "Northeast."

Reaction Score
This thread amazes me. I wish our biggest problem was our coach acting like a dork after becoming bowl eligible in mid-November.

C'mon Biz - the video didn't make you smile even a little?

Reaction Score
C'mon Biz - the video didn't make you smile even a little?

The video makes me horrifically sad that our Athletic Department didn't do what it needed to do to either keep a guy who showed he could win with a start up in Storrs, or go out and get someone else who would be able to do so.

By next year, when I'm watching us rebuild from eight floors below rock bottom, I will have the attitude that I had in '05 and '06 and start watching. But I just can't make myself watch this team, much less talk about it in any depth. It's just too sad. And that anyone thinks pointing out foibles of a coach that could have prevented it from happening -- no, I find nothing funny about that at all. Sorry.

Reaction Score
The video makes me horrifically sad that our Athletic Department didn't do what it needed to do to either keep a guy who showed he could win with a start up in Storrs, or go out and get someone else who would be able to do so.

By next year, when I'm watching us rebuild from eight floors below rock bottom, I will have the attitude that I had in '05 and '06 and start watching. But I just can't make myself watch this team, much less talk about it in any depth. It's just too sad. And that anyone thinks pointing out foibles of a coach that could have prevented it from happening -- no, I find nothing funny about that at all. Sorry.

Didn't mean to pick a scab - sorry. A dancing Randy will always make me smile. Hasn't been much else to smile about.

Reaction Score

Instead of setting aside time to watch last week's game, I went shopping with my girlfriend, she then opted to get her hair done and I was bored enough to watch the game on my phone.

On the bright side the feed was really good!

But yeah, I agree. I no longer recognize this team. The damage to their competitive psyche is significant. 4 years ago we would have rolled a team like SMU.

Reaction Score
BC plays a hard nosed type football...not speedy, not flashy..but very physical up front.

They have been the toughest team that FSU has played this year.
I agree....I don't like em and never did but I'm impressed by the atittude change and their hardnosed NE style FB that Dazzy breathed into them in such a short time! They will be a team to deal with soon if Dazzy stays for awhile!!All the more reason we (UConn) need a top-notch hire this time!!There D plays like UConn's did under RE and DB until this year so it goes to show it don't have to take 4 or 5 years under new coaching all the time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pitt, Syracuse, Vt, Miami, BC, WVU, probably looked better than they actually were playing against teams like Temple, Rutgers, UConn and each other.

Even before the start of defections, other conferences considered the BE irrelevant and classified them as the BIG "Least" of BCS conferences. That may have some "legs"........why are those that were tagged to be the icons in any version of the BE having far less success in other conferences.

UConn isn't even relevant in a conference (AAC) made up of left overs from BE and "best of" C-USA.

And what conference does UConn think they'll be invited to.........and be competitive in?

We may need better coaches........but we definitely need more talented players before we think of moving anywhere.
If you believe that you may as well throw in the towel now?The ACC is now the BE flagbearer but for quite awhile everyone BUT ESPin knew the ACC was the shallowest pool even till today!Is the "U" really a top 10 team this yr?Today except for possibly the top few SEC teams there's not much difference in the MAC to the PAC outside of a few traditional powers!!Oregon?Wiscy?S.Carolina?Stanford? are all fairly new "traditional powers" but FSU,OSU,(ND) heck not many teams that are above the "pack"!!The middle of most of the P5 down to Sunbelt/MAC type team's aren't far apart! Look at the way UConn made Mich look in our worst yr in memory?....isn't that enough proof?APP St a couple years ago?NIU?Boise?Fresno?

Reaction Score

continued- all those BE teams that left dominated or had greater success in the ACC than the old ACC teams until the BE recruits/players left there programs then they withered and fell into ACCosis!!Mediocrity until there media darlings "U" fans disappeared into BE folklore!Could it be the BE NYC media made them bigger than they were?Who knows but something happened after they got there??I thought BC turned into dust in the wind until showing signs of life this year and Cuse?Really? WVU is an obvious victim of an isolated team thats lost their identity as a outlier to a Texahoma conference!!

Reaction Score
On a side note, West Virginia is now bowl INeligible. It's amazing how fast you can go from "offensive guru" to "the guy who let Kansas win." Remember when the Boneyard was full of people saying, "We need somebody exactly like Dana Holgerson?

It's crazy how fast things can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate