BC a stumbling block to UConn moving to ACC? | The Boneyard

BC a stumbling block to UConn moving to ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
DeFlippo no doubt is a big part of that. Love it when emotional head games drive an athletic departments direction. And people wonder about the current state of BC's athletics.

Reaction Score
If you read towards the end of the article, a source has told Herbst not to sweat BC. Sounds like the ACC will make sure that BC doesn't manipulate UConn's candidacy. Not that BC had a decent argument or anything.

Reaction Score
BCU couldn't stop a kitten from getting to its dish. They are essentially powerless.

Reaction Score
This might be the first article I've read where Jacobs doesn't find a way to bash either UConn or Calhoun.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This might be the first article I've read where Jacobs doesn't find a way to bash either UConn or Calhoun.

Sad thing about Jacobs is he is capable of (and does) writing some very good pieces. His amateurish, and quite frankly childish, public squabble with JC really sullies his standing as a sports writer. That said, the only way he ever makes it into the national conversation media wise is by pillorying JC.

Reaction Score
This whole episode between BC and UConn is pretty laughable. I don't understand how BC thinks they have a good argument against UConn joining the ACC. This whole situation is like when you are courting the hot girl at the bar, and her obnoxious fat friend is trying to get in the way. Like I mentioned in my previous post, it looks as if the the hot friend is telling her fat friend to STFU. Amen.

Reaction Score
It's DeFlippo who is the problem over at bcu. When bcu was replaced by VT in the ACC, the "flipper" claimed he was taking control to make the BE the best conference. Meanwhile, he was on his knees begging the ACC to take them.
Blumenthal's suit netted Pitt, WV, Rutgers, UConn, and, I believe Syracuse 1 million each as a settlement. Meanwhile Calhoun did say he'll never schedule them. Indirectly, Calhoun referred to the flipper as a scumbag.
It's been several years now. The flipper, with bcu's overall performance, plus it's revolving coach turntable, in football & men's & women's hoops should cause him more concern about keeping his job rather than worry about UConn.
I'm sure when pres. Herbst meets with bcu's pres, the "it's all about money" philosophy will prevail. Let's face it, even with Pitt & cuse in the ACC it's still a 5-6 hour busride at best, for the olympic sports. It makes it a lot easier, and cheaper, to have a conference foe 2 hours away.

Reaction Score
I would guess that DeFilippo is on thin ice himself over at BC.

Either way, there is no way BC will be able to stop the ACC from adding UConn if that is really what the other members want. They don't really have any clout as their best sports team by far isn't even in the ACC (Hockey in the Hockey East). I can understand FSU really wanting them to add a top football program along with UConn, though.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
BC will cave eventually because they know adding UConn to the ACC is inevitable. You need more than 2/3rds of the conference to vote in favor of adding a team. Right now there are 4 against UConn coming into the ACC (so 8/12 yes is only 2/3rds). However, once Pitt and Syracuse become full ACC members, they will be in favor of adding UConn, which will make it 10/14 yes, which is enough to get us in. BC knows this. They are just trying to stall this and make a bid deal of it so that they can then change their mind and vote to accept UConn and look like the 'good guys' who helped out UConn. BC is sick of being the forgoten step child and sick of getting no attention...by doing this, they are now in the news and get attention...temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom