Bbanks Tonight | The Boneyard

Bbanks Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
OK - so she wasn't flashy and didn't try to do too much. I liked that! To me it seems to follow her personality, as quoted often in the recent articles from the horde: Seemingly introverted (though not really), likes to observe and take things in at first, not demonstrative, doesn't want to draw the limelight, etc. She has said she doesn't want to make mistakes, so she will take her time before being more aggressive. I like her measured approach. It's unusual for someone who is so athletically gifted.

She's not much for chest passes or overhead passes; she really uses the left-arm pass like Tiff, but she puts mustard on it every single time. She passes with confidence and zip. She didn't try too many entry passes but just from watching tonight, I can see why Geno would say she's the 2nd best post-entry passer on the team. She only drove it once or twice (missed the bunny) but I'll bet that aspect will show itself more in the near future. She did have one nice pullup jumper, nothing flashy--just net.

On defense - I love watching her move. Like a cat... talk about upside!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When she moves, she reminds me of a Cheetah. Great athlete!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I thought MJ looked good tonite too. Physically very active and I hope will only improve as the season moves forward.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Do you think she will ever be able to play the point for any length of time, or is she basically a 2?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How would you compare her game to Ketia's (Swanier)?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Do you think she will ever be able to play the point for any length of time, or is she basically a 2?

That's hard to say. I think if Caroline stays healthy this year, then Banks will probably never play a ton of minutes at the point during her UCONN career. I say this because this year and next you have Doty, and next year you also have Moriah coming in. And although Geno prefers Bria at the 2, she knows the offense, she has experience at the point from last year, and she's a gamer. If Banks really soaks up an understanding of the offense and progresses rapidly, it's possible she could be Caroline's primary backup at the point. And who knows how many minutes Caroline will avg? That remains to be seen.

I think it's more likely that Geno will have Banks playing point a little here and there in the 2nd half of games that are well in hand, but mostly he will use her in his rotation of 2-guards, on a situation-specific basis. (He especially loves her ability to break down the defense and get straight to the rim.) If anything happens to Caroline, however, all bets are off.

_______
Edit: I guess the real takeaway is.... we are going to have some *ridiculous* depth and talent at the guard spots for some time to come :cool: Banks, Bria, Moriah, Doty (hands clasped in prayer) and KML (guard/wing). CRAZY GOOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom