Bball status for 2012-13? | The Boneyard

Bball status for 2012-13?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pardon me for not being able to keep track of the timing all the comings & goings ...

For next season in non-football, is it a 15-team conference with the only change being WV gone?

Then who joins in 2013-14 besides Temple?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Next season is just Temple FB joining.

After that, it's Temple BB, Houston all-sports, Memphis all-sports, SMU all-sports, Boise State FB, SDSU FB.

Reaction Score
I do better seeing things. Here's the makeup as it moves forward.

2012 Football
  1. Cincinnati
  2. Connecticut
  3. Louisville
  4. Pittsburgh
  5. Rutgers
  6. South Florida
  7. Syracuse
  8. Temple

2012 Non-Football
  1. Cincinnati
  2. Connecticut
  3. DePaul
  4. Georgetown
  5. Louisville
  6. Marquette
  7. Notre Dame
  8. Pittsburgh
  9. Providence
  10. Rutgers
  11. Seton Hall
  12. South Florida
  13. St. John's
  14. Syracuse
  15. Villanova
2013 Football
  1. Boise State
  2. Central Florida
  3. Cincinnati
  4. Connecticut
  5. Houston
  6. Louisville
  7. Memphis
  8. Rutgers
  9. San Diego State
  10. South Florida
  11. Southern Methodist University
  12. Temple
2013 Non-Football
  1. Central Florida
  2. Cincinnati
  3. Connecticut
  4. DePaul
  5. Georgetown
  6. Houston
  7. Louisville
  8. Marquette
  9. Memphis
  10. Notre Dame
  11. Providence
  12. Rutgers
  13. Seton Hall
  14. South Florida
  15. Southern Methodist University
  16. St. John's
  17. Temple
  18. Villanova
2015 Football

1. Boise State
  2. Central Florida
  3. Cincinnati
  4. Connecticut
  5. Houston
  6. Louisville
  7. Memphis
  8. Navy
  9. Rutgers
  10. San Diego State
  11. South Florida
  12. Southern Methodist University
  13. Temple

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Technically Syracuse and Pitt would be in that list for 2013 but it's assumed by many that they'll be let out of the conference before the 2013 season starts.

Reaction Score
Technically Syracuse and Pitt would be in that list for 2013 but it's assumed by many that they'll be let out of the conference before the 2013 season starts.
When we get to twelve teams (2013) how is scheduling going to work. Is it broken out in a east ( 6 teams) and west division (6 teams). I assume we would play the 5 other teams in our division and play 3 others from the west division on a rotating basis. Man , with all the changes this is hard to keep track of.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
When we get to twelve teams (2013) how is scheduling going to work. Is it broken out in a east ( 6 teams) and west division (6 teams). I assume we would play the 5 other teams in our division and play 3 others from the west division on a rotating basis. Man , with all the changes this is hard to keep track of.

I think the plan is to have a West and an East division. This saves on travel costs. My guess is you play your 5 division opponents and then 3 other teams. I think they plan on using an eight game conference schedule. Not sure how they'll decide who you play in the 3 other games. I don't know if they'd have some sort of protected rivalry type game where you'll play one team from out of your division every year and rotate the other 2 teams yearly.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think the plan is to have a West and an East division. This saves on travel costs. My guess is you play your 5 division opponents and then 3 other teams. I think they plan on using an eight game conference schedule. Not sure how they'll decide who you play in the 3 other games. I don't know if they'd have some sort of protected rivalry type game where you'll play one team from out of your division every year and rotate the other 2 teams yearly.

Are the other conferences moving towards 9 game conference schedules? I think if they are it's going to get awfully hard to get 4 decent OOC games a year.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Are the other conferences moving towards 9 game conference schedules? I think if they are it's going to get awfully hard to get 4 decent OOC games a year.

I don't know if all conferences are. I think the ACC and Pac-12 are but not sure about Big-12, B1G, or SEC. If they are then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big East do the same. However, that would put a cramp into the whole notion that two divisions saves on travel costs because now you're looking at 4 non-divisional games. So 5 in division and 4 games in the Western Division?

Reaction Score
I don't know if all conferences are. I think the ACC and Pac-12 are but not sure about Big-12, B1G, or SEC. If they are then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big East do the same. However, that would put a cramp into the whole notion that two divisions saves on travel costs because now you're looking at 4 non-divisional games. So 5 in division and 4 games in the Western Division?
The Big XII will have a 9-game conference schedule as long as membership is 10 teams. But, if they go to 12 or 14, they'll consider an 8-game slate. That is part of the appeal to some of the ACC teams they're targeting, who are ticked about having to give up an OOC game as part of the their 9-game slate that will start in 2013 (assuming Pitt & Syracuse join for that season).

The Big Ten and SEC are sticking with 8-game conference schedules, b/c it allows for 7 home games annually and protects some of the more valued OOC games their members play: Florida/Florida State, USC/Clemson, UGA/GA Tech, UK/Louisville, Michigan/Notre Dame, etc. With a 9-game conference schedule, you have to give up one annual OOC home & home game in order to maintain 7 home games annually. Otherwise, you end up with 7 home games one year and 6 the next, which is a big kick to the wallet of these schools.

Reaction Score
Villanova is still considering an upgrade in football. Hard to believe they are dragging this out for this long. If Villanova upgrades, then what? Two teams in Philadelphia?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Villanova is still considering an upgrade in football. Hard to believe they are dragging this out for this long. If Villanova upgrades, then what? Two teams in Philadelphia?
Not likely that Nova upgrades. Lots of posturing but imho that ship sailed a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom