Bazz | The Boneyard

Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really took charge. He has been brilliant at times this year. I love this team and am really excited about our potential next year.

Yep, Bazz is a big time winner. I really hope everybody comes back next year.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Outstanding performance...particularly the last five to seven minutes of regulation and overtime...he really stepped up!

Reaction Score
Awesome player, our next All American, if he gets noticed. Which is another reason why not having a post season suxs. More importantly, the kid stayed on when others jetted, shorting him of a good frontcourt to play with. With his talent, that alone is exceptional.

He is a point guard mix of Khalid (balls/money on the free throw line), Taliek (leadership/team control), Ricky (tenacious/competitive), Marcus (passing), Chris (sharp shooter), AJP (slasher), Kemba (ball handling/moves), and Tate (rebounder). Kid doesn't give up, full of confidence and fears no one (including Boat). He's a mix of everyone, the real deal. If he had a great team to work with he would clearly in 4 years would be our best point guard ever (irrespective of an NBA career). If Ollie has him for one more year, he alone can get us deep into the tourney, just like Kemba, and perhaps have a long career at the next level (International/NBA).

Just imagine if he was surrounded by a strong frontcourt capable of handling his bullet passes. Anyway he's one of the best in college irrespective, and he's ours.

By the way like Kemba to Bazz, I see a Bazz to Boat effect in 2 years with Boat making his mark his senior year with the same opportunities and success.

Reaction Score
I was just looking at Bazz's career stats and realized he has 988 career points. I think it's safe to assume he will eclipse the 1,000 point mark against Depaul. Assuming he stays next year he has an outside shot at 2k.

Reaction Score
By the way like Kemba to Bazz, I see a Bazz to Boat effect in 2 years with Boat making his mark his senior year with the same opportunities and success.

I would be shocked if Boat stays 4 years. I think after 2014 -- and God-willing not after this year -- he seems himself as a 1st-round pick and bolts for the NBA.

Also, Boat sees himself as an equal to Bazz; he doesn't view Bazz as a mentor the way Bazz viewed Kemba. Maybe that's not what you meant though.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Boat stays 4 years. I think after 2014 -- and God-willing not after this year -- he seems himself as a 1st-round pick and bolts for the NBA.

Also, Boat sees himself as an equal to Bazz; he doesn't view Bazz as a mentor the way Bazz viewed Kemba. Maybe that's not what you meant though.

Correct, not a mentor but taking over the reigns in similar fashion. Boat just by observing can pick up the good in Bazz, in a respectful way. Sort of like King/Prince with Boat being the heir, and following in the footsteps. There is a saying "leadership requires follow-ship". And Bazz, like Kemba is a good leader. Boat may be cocky (in a good way) but he seems to show respect to Bazz.

I really hope Bazz listens to Coach about NBA chances, Ollie is in fact a better judge than Calhoun.

Reaction Score
I really like Napier, but WTF Bazz? In this morning's paper ...

"We weren't with it in overtime," Napier said. "I was still astonished by [Cadougan's] three-pointer. I should have thought about fouling him quick, get him to the line and maybe we get a rebound."

Shabazz was to Wolf's right when Cadougan shot. He wasn't anywhere near him and hardly in position to foul him. In fact, I'm not sure what he was doing all alone with Wolf inside the arc, while the whole Marquette team was outside it. But water over the dam; he did play a great game.

One of the beat writers tweeted that six NBA scouts were scheduled to attend the game. Gotta believe that they were there to check out Bazz and Boat, in addition to anyone on Marquette. If I'm not mistaken, I think Boat briefly thought about leaving early last spring.

Reaction Score
Shabazz might be the best one since Khalid. AJ had a phenomenal 15 game stretch run to his career, but Bazz might give the team a full 4 years of good to great play.

caw

Reaction Score
I really like Napier, but WTF Bazz? In this morning's paper ...

"We weren't with it in overtime," Napier said. "I was still astonished by [Cadougan's] three-pointer. I should have thought about fouling him quick, get him to the line and maybe we get a rebound."

Shabazz was to Wolf's right when Cadougan shot. He wasn't anywhere near him and hardly in position to foul him. In fact, I'm not sure what he was doing all alone with Wolf inside the arc, while the whole Marquette team was outside it. But water over the dam; he did play a great game.

One of the beat writers tweeted that six NBA scouts were scheduled to attend the game. Gotta believe that they were there to check out Bazz and Boat, in addition to anyone on Marquette. If I'm not mistaken, I think Boat briefly thought about leaving early last spring.

I like that quote to some extent. Putting the blame on himself and not on the other players. He seems like he can handle it.

Reaction Score
I like that quote to some extent. Putting the blame on himself and not on the other players. He seems like he can handle it.

He was dazed by how badly the team played defense on that play, so his reaction was understandable. But if he was dazed, then how to explain he took it to Marquette right away and scored 2 on the goaltend? He did well enough there. They unraveled after that, when the refs made their bonehead error. You could clearly see the Husky players making faces while the refs were having their confab. Then the whole scene was made worse by a crazy bank shot 3 from deep, and they unraveled.

Reaction Score
From
He was dazed by how badly the team played defense on that play, so his reaction was understandable. But if he was dazed, then how to explain he took it to Marquette right away and scored 2 on the goaltend? He did well enough there. .

From Kevin Duffy's column today ...

Napier "zoned out and forgot how much time was left." Forgot that UConn could have fouled and avoided the heroics of a horrendous 3-point shooter.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Awesome player, our next All American, if he gets noticed. Which is another reason why not having a post season suxs. More importantly, the kid stayed on when others jetted, shorting him of a good frontcourt to play with. With his talent, that alone is exceptional.

He is a point guard mix of Khalid (balls/money on the free throw line), Taliek (leadership/team control), Ricky (tenacious/competitive), Marcus (passing), Chris (sharp shooter), AJP (slasher), Kemba (ball handling/moves), and Tate (rebounder). Kid doesn't give up, full of confidence and fears no one (including Boat). He's a mix of everyone, the real deal. If he had a great team to work with he would clearly in 4 years would be our best point guard ever (irrespective of an NBA career). If Ollie has him for one more year, he alone can get us deep into the tourney, just like Kemba, and perhaps have a long career at the next level (International/NBA).

Just imagine if he was surrounded by a strong frontcourt capable of handling his bullet passes. Anyway he's one of the best in college irrespective, and he's ours.

But it increases the chance that SN will be back next year and, although the loss of RJ is significant, I like this team next year if everyone else returns and the two recruits are decent freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom