Bazz Article | The Boneyard

Bazz Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Apologies if this was already posted as I had a crazy work week but if this story happens not to have been posted I think many will enjoy a brief read about Bazz's recent ascendancy: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-shabazz-napier-s112414-story.html

I was at that game in Miami last Sunday against Charlotte and got there early enough to see the pre-game shoot around. Shabazz was all business and has a pre-game shot routine that kept him on the court longer than anyone else. He worked on his jumper from every spot around the arc and then in closer and was hitting a large percentage of them. After he was done with his pre-game routine, he stopped real quick on his way off the court to sign a picture that he had taken with me at the 2011 final four. It was a lot of fun watching he and Kemba go at each other. They both have a bright future in the league and hopefully Boat will follow them.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. Great story on Bazz, though bothersome the way Calhoun's retirement is depicted. The writer paints the picture of Calhoun leaving because of sanctions and academic issues with no mention of his age or health issues.

"After 26 years at the program's helm, he left behind a tarnished legacy"

duck* this writer.

Jim Calhoun left behind 3 titles and a hand-picked successor that got us a 4th.

Reaction Score
"After 26 years at the program's helm, he left behind a tarnished legacy"

duck* this writer.

Jim Calhoun left behind 3 titles and a hand-picked successor that got us a 4th.
Not to mention that he was 71, had broken his hip and had knee and other physical issues. While very complimentary toward Bazz, this guy did a hatchet job on JC. duck* this writer indeed.

Reaction Score
Watching the Heat game the other night Bazz is still deferring to the other guards and passing up shots. He was the better option. That will change in the future. I'm calling this right now. Shabazz will coach the UCONN Huskies at some point when his NBA career ends. He has intellect, drive, personality and leadership for the job. Probably 15 years from now. We will be in good hands.

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the read on Shabazz and am really happy for him. Was awesome to see UCONN great vs UCONN great highlight the entire night in the NBA last week.

Disappointing to read this clown talking about Calhoun's legacy being "tarnished". What Calhoun did for the UCONN hoops program, the entire University and our whole state is unmatched in my opinion.....considering what he had to work with. I understand the violations but people need to wake up and take a closer look at their CBB "darlings".

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
RE JC ' S retirement. Yes, a guy able to build a dominant program in Storrs, CT was run out of town by a lame one year tourney ban and a little bad press. Where to they find these guys?

The guy clearly had a succession plan in mind for years. The ban combined with his health and a green AD not named Hathaway proved an opportune time to put that plan into action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom