Baylor's Non-Conference Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor's Non-Conference Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly I admire her for scheduling this lineup. What other team would give these teams the chance to play a top caliber (Sweet Sixteen) team. Each of these teams can say that they are playing the team that lost to the eventual second place team in the country. What a coup for Houston Baptist and others.:D

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
But I think she cancelled the series with Tennessee, if I recall. So there goes that theory.

When asked "why?", Kim replied "Pat knows: go ask her".:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well, the worst they'll go is 10-2. Certainly assures a 25 win regular season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This isn't that unusual for a number of teams - Baylor upgraded their schedule when Griner arrived but if I remember correctly they were playing this kind of schedule previously, too. And as far as I am concerned for top 5-10 teams as soon as the rpi drops below 75 it really doesn't matter if it is 100 or 200 - the game should be a cake walk.
This is also something that ADs promote because it is all home games. You aren't going to get any decent programs to agree to only a road game. And it saves the program a lot of money on travel and adds to gate receipts.
And every year there are teams like Syracuse and UNC, and ... who do the exact same thing.
Knock TN all you want, but they and Uconn, and Stanford, and Rutgers, and ND and a number of other programs consistently schedule good home and home series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom