Baylor vs. Oregon 4/5 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs. Oregon 4/5

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Cox is obviously great but despite the criticism here, I think it’s not a given that the younger players will replace Brown’s value at both ends.

I don’t think we’ll know for most of the season because who in the B12 (base 8) will push them?

Brown is a stud and will be missed, but they have so much talent on that bench ready to spring into action next year. For example, Nalyssa Smith starts and plays 25 mpg at almost any other school. Add to it that most top programs are likely to be worse next year (ex. ND, Uconn, Mississippi State) and Baylor emerges as a big title favorite. I dont see them missing a beat if they can solve the PG situation.

Reaction Score
It will be a different team - for sure. Who steps in as PG?

Trial by error but I imagine Honesty Scott Grayson will be someone Mulkey will work hard with this offseason. I don't know if there is necessarily a true PG but they will probably try to mold some of the youngsters into that position. Not sold on Juicy running the point.

Ursin is certainly talented. I recall Kim mentioning before about working with her at the point.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think they're #1 regardless.
Toss up between them and Oregon IMO. Oregon would have 4 starters back and only lose Cazorla. Plus bring in the younger Sabally and important role players (Gildon and Chavez).

Reaction Score
Watched the press conference a little. Ionescu talked as if she would be back “something to learn from”, “will make us hungry”, etc. She said she hasn’t decided yet when directly asked though.

Reaction Score
Toss up between them and Oregon IMO. Oregon would have 4 starters back and only lose Cazorla. Plus bring in the younger Sabally and important role players (Gildon and Chavez).
I think Gildon is a senior. She was a former 5* too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Watched the press conference a little. Ionescu talked as if she would be back “something to learn from”, “will make us hungry”, etc. She said she hasn’t decided yet when directly asked though.

Morgan Tuck and Azura Stevens both talked as if they'd return too.

Reaction Score

Thats what they always say. Media talk

Reaction Score
My best guess for next year is that Juicy gets the bulk of the PG minutes, with Didi and Moon getting some too. Honesty could be in the mix, but I am not yet sold on her decision making, albeit in limited time. I think Decosta will make a big sophomore jump. She never really had a chance this year because of her injury, but she has looked good in mop-up minutes. Just needs to learn to not get lost in a man-to-man defense. Most people assume Smith will start at the 4 with Cox sliding to the 5, but I think Egbo will see a lot more minutes too. She will be great on defense once she learns to stop fouling, and has picked up some good post moves.

Obviously the returning core of Cox, Richards, and Landrum will cut through the Big 12 like butter, so I hope we schedule well non-conference. I know we will have a home game against an SEC team for the conference challenge, and I believe the series with UConn was renewed, though that might not be for another season.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I know we will have a home game against an SEC team for the conference challenge.

I'll feel insulted and not happy with Vic if that game isn't against us!

Reaction Score
I'll feel insulted and not happy with Vic if that game isn't against us!
Unfortunately I don't think it is up to the coaches. Both teams played road games in the challenge last year, so both are due for a home game, assuming they keep the pattern. The best we can hope for is Mississippi State to take the year off, and then Baylor would go to Starkville in 2020-2021.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don't think it is up to the coaches. Both teams played road games in the challenge last year, so both are due for a home game, assuming they keep the pattern. The best we can hope for is Mississippi State to take the year off, and then Baylor would go to Starkville in 2020-2021.
I think that’s right.

Big 12/SEC Women's Challenge - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
It will be a different team - for sure. Who steps in as PG?
Juicy or Didi! I’d say more Didi since we need juicy to score! The starting line-up for Baylor next year will probably be Didi, juicy, moon, Smith, and cox

Reaction Score
Trial by error but I imagine Honesty Scott Grayson will be someone Mulkey will work hard with this offseason. I don't know if there is necessarily a true PG but they will probably try to mold some of the youngsters into that position. Not sold on Juicy running the point.

Ursin is certainly talented. I recall Kim mentioning before about working with her at the point.
I have a good feeling it’s going to be Didi Richards as pg!

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Wow, that is terrible. That was a very winnable game for the Ducks, they're going to be kicking themselves for a long time letting that get away.

I imagine that they will, especially since Oregon has typically played well in the late stages of close games. But the plus side (to me) is that they held their own against the #! seed--and even had a decent chance to win the game. And none of this seemed (to me, anyway) anything like a contest in which a underdog gives a much better team a scare by playing light's out when their opponent lays an egg. To put it another way, if the teams were to play again next Friday, I think the game would also be close and that should at least provide something of a positive going forward.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I have a good feeling it’s going to be Didi Richards as pg!

Huge possibility of a Grad Transfer coming in for the PG. With a little more time, Scott-Grayson could shift to PG. Several options...

Reaction Score
Huge possibility of a Grad Transfer coming in for the PG. With a little more time, Scott-Grayson could shift to PG. Several options...
Have you heard any name or is that just a guess based on the personnel available? Obviously Baylor's first experience with a grad transfer has worked out well, but eligible PGs of that quality don't exactly grow on trees. If it isn't an elite prospect I think I would rather stick with what is already there. With a full offseason to prepare I think Juicy, Moon, Didi, or Honesty could all be good options at PG.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Have you heard any name or is that just a guess based on the personnel available? Obviously Baylor's first experience with a grad transfer has worked out well, but eligible PGs of that quality don't exactly grow on trees. If it isn't an elite prospect I think I would rather stick with what is already there. With a full offseason to prepare I think Juicy, Moon, Didi, or Honesty could all be good options at PG.

That's always an interesting dilemma. Go for a 1 year fix or develop the players you've already recruited? I'm sure results vary widely for both scenarios.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom