Baylor vs Notre Dame

• Baylor

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
With the transfers going to different teams, it's hard to tell who the other teams will be. Even if Cox plays next season, they will not be as effective as this season. The main thing that made them so effective, their height, will be missing next season. Cox is not as effective a player without Brown.
They probably won’t be as effective next season, but neither will the other teams. Cox may be better if Brown isn’t clogging up the lane..we don’t know that yet. All we know is what we’ve seen of her which is pretty good.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Oregon has Ionescu, Hebard, Sabally sisters, Yaeger, Chavez, Giomi all returning. Baylor has Cox, Smith, Landrum, Richards, Ursin, Egbo, Decosta, Scott-Grayson, etc, and incoming freshmen. You still don’t think so?
I stated facts based on this weekend, I don't know how things will work out

Reaction Score
I still can't believe Arike missed that FT. What a weird way to go out after making such a clutch shot last year. Weird bookends to her two national championship games.

Reaction Score

I thought this was really cool. Kim getting emotional got me, she wanted that badly for those girls.

Too see her come to tears just talking about wanting her players to win a championship was great to see. Nice clip!

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Baylor and Coach Mulkey. She isn't my favorite coach based on personality and attitude yet last night she seemed softer and more sedate. Maybe it's having a grandchild after the pain of losing one, maybe it was watching her best player go down with what is likely a torn ACL, maybe she's just mellowing a bit with age. She has a great team.

ND didn't go down without a fight and Arike and Mabry did what they could but Young was off and the inside tandem was given fits by Brown and Cox. I still give them credit for making a comeback and Arike has no reason to hang her head. She missed a crucial shot but her makes have won several big games for ND and got them back in the contest after a large deficit.

My Bulldogs had a good year but it was obvious to me all four of these teams were better this year than Mississippi State. The cast of characters changes substantially for a few of these teams but I'll still be watching next season.

Reaction Score
Actually it does. The fact that ND returned all key players from a NC team made them an out sized favorite.
It still wasn't the team from last season. Kathryn Westbeld and Kristina Nelson were key players on last season's ND team that wasn't this season's team. Westbeld was a glue player that did a lot of untangible things and Nelson was a wide body ND that was effective in going up against teams that huge frontlines. Neither one of them didn't need to be part into the offense like Turner did.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Do they not call moving screens anymore?

No they don’t. They also don’t call traveling on the “Euro-step” either, which back in the day was traveling. If you’re James Harden, you can take 2 steps back and not get called for it. :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Young has been quiet

Young did not show up for this game. She did last year when they played us, she had 31, and was the reason they won.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I've been a UConn fan since the UConn -Tenn rivalry days. I've never rooted for another team when it played against UConn. I've loved women's basketball since the finals were on CBS; got to see Cheryl Swoopes, Katie Smith play, the Charlotte Smith game winner. I love the beauty of UConn basketball's play at its best, but I don't see how you can appreciate the team's accomplishments by not appreciating the greatness of their rivals. I follow UConn because I like women's basketball and they play the game at a very high level, though I don't believe there is a "right way" to play sports. I want others to appreciate women's basketball and follow it too, and not exclude someone who doesn't hate the right people. I think UConn has always been a classy program but some of their fans don't live up to their example when they express themselves on the forum. I don't think the humorless or meanly snarky fan represents the majority of UConn suppporters, and I have to thank the mods for trying to create a space for the majority of UConn fans and fans of other programs who love women's basketball.

Congratulations to both Baylor and Notre Dame. Superb, incredibly exciting game that showcased women's basketball combining amazing clutch plays and tremendous heart and, incidentally, with both teams coached by highly accomplished women.

Carnac

Reaction Score
If ND wins, the refs get the MVP award

Good one lol
One interesting observation - Muffet all smiles with Kim. If it's Geno she does the fly by handshake.

Geno is a bully, haven’t you heard? :confused: She said she won’t be bullied, or take any of his crap. :mad: I thought they were good after their last standoff in the media 3 years ago, I guess not. It seems like every time we meet them in a final 4, she goes off on Geno in a presser, this one being no exception. I was not happy getting knocked out of the tournament by them 2 years in a row. If we could not win it, I wanted anybody else to win it.

That way, we won’t have to see replays of ND making last second shots to win a game.
I was not happy or impressed with Ogumbowale’s sportsmanship or demeanor on the court when we played them in December. Remember how she cheap- shotted Crystal to the back of her head as Crystal was running down court with her back to her? UConn didn't win it this year, but neither did ND.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Young did not show up for this game. She did last year when they played us, she had 31, and was the reason they won.
She had 4 points I think, they would have won had she scored. I feel she didn’t take advantage of her matchup. She still was effective in other areas; 9 points and 6 assists I think.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She had 4 points I think, they would have one had she scored. I feel she didn’t take advantage of her matchup. She still was effective in other areas; 9 points and 6 assists I think.
Baylor did not let her drive to the basket. She did it against UConn and Stanford. Why UConn did not adjust to her is baffling to me.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Good one lol

Geno is a bully, haven’t you heard? :confused: She said she won’t be bullied.

Geno has gotten so far inside that woman's head that even when she wins, she still loses, because she can't evict him from his permanent residence between her ears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom