Baylor still isn't over losing two years ago | The Boneyard

Baylor still isn't over losing two years ago

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the Oakland raider fans perpetually whining about Franco Harris' Immaculate Reception just shy of 50 years ago. As winners you can either just smile and enjoy their frustration and emotional pain or listen, poke them with a barb, listen, poke them with another barb repeat ad infinitum while enjoying several good laughs as they work themselves into a lather. As a UCONN player I would just chuckle and do one of the above and not try to prove this or that. You won't be able to it. It is like religion. They just believe. Its over. They lost! Enjoy it with a big grin.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I absolutely don't blame them for holding that grudge. Horrible way to end an extremely hard fought game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They want an iffy call at best, but ignore the calls that weren't called on them as if it didn't happen. They were holding and grabbing Paige all night with few calls. I guess you can call it what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Azzi said: I thought that’s how they were calling the game the whole day, that was the right call to make. I think that they were letting so much go.

I'd say that's about right. On some nights, it would be a terrible call, but this wasn't one of those nights. Wise young woman.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
They want an iffy call at best, but ignore the calls that weren't called on them as if it didn't happen. They were holding and grabbing Paige all night with few calls. I guess you can call it what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Hard to argue the goose/gander logic. But in their case I would default to the pot/kettle idiom. ;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say this. They arent coming close to beating UConn tonite and next season no team may be able to keep up with UConn. Next season could be off the charts. Alot of fans still doubt UConn. Alot of fans dont see what I see. Ive written alot of posts about this team over the 20+years. I believe this season as long as UConn is healthy and up to speed they will win it all. We have the guards to stop SCs guards, we have the defense and we have height to help offset SCs height. The key to beating SC is to contain their guards and our guards have to rebound with our bigs. We have better guards who can create and shoot.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If the roles were reversed, we'd be just as torn up over that game as Baylor is.
Actually, many of us were torn up with the way Baylor (yes, Carrington) was mauling Paige throughout the game without any whistles blown. So yes, we would have been particularly torn up if the refs had decided to call a foul on that shot.

Reaction Score
Suck it up Baylor. When I want to curse out a Red Sox's fan I only say 2 words: "Bucky Dent".

Reaction Score
Suck it up Baylor. When I want to curse out a Red Sox's fan I only say 2 words: "Bucky Dent".
Does any Red Sox fan even care about Bucky Dent any more? That was a long time and 4 WS victories ago. Do you throw in Aaron Boone and Billy Buck as well? Back to the subject. Good game by the WBB team last night especially after that first quarter performance by Baylor. Nice to see the MBB team in the stands as well. Must be a great time to be on campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom