Baylor Scandal leads to Texas Ranger Investigation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor Scandal leads to Texas Ranger Investigation

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Good to know you have a great living situation. Sounds beautiful. And nice that you can get excellent government healthcare and be near your son and family. Just FYI, Texas's rate of violent crime is nearly twice that of Connecticut. And while CT's violent crime rate is falling sharply, it's rising in Texas.

I think that the violent crime rate in Texas will rise further when the sexual assaults covered up by Baylor are added to the totals.

Table 4

And don't forget the knocks to the head from Mulkey. I think those count as violent crimes also.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I don't anticipate the NCAA will do anything to Baylor.

Now the State of Texas is another story. With the entrance of the Texas Rangers to investigate, Baylor is in a world of hurt. Stonewalling an investigation and covering up evidence, if proven, could mean serious jail time for people. And maybe that's what needs to happen to send the message loud and clear - this behavior will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Reaction Score
Wow, NOW Baylor's in trouble....

7d9f16adfb70278dd7b0f60cbc460da3.jpeg

Reaction Score
The alleged crimes are bad enough. But covering up evidence & stonewalling investigators too? These people are world class idiots.
Exactly. The very first incident that is covered up allows for the second incident to happen. The second one that is covered up allows the third, and so on. Too bad Mulkey and some of their fans cannot make this connection between covering up and prevention.

10760335-teddy-bears-see-hear-speak-no-evil.jpg

Which one is Mulkey?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I can't resist. You cannot compare the Connecticut State Police to the Texas Rangers. The Connecticut State Police are significantly underfunded and under staffed and operate under significant constraints that tie one of their hands behind their backs. The whole attitude in Texas in support of the Police organizations is significantly different. The Texas Rangers have numbers, tools, techniques, and their mission is far greater than that of the Connecticut State police.

I didn't compare anything, I just stated a fact. No commentary on the relative effectiveness or resources of either agency as compared to the other was intended or should be inferred from my post.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
“One riot, one ranger,” is a phrase made famous by Texas Ranger Captain W.J. McDonald in the very early 1900’s. McDonald was called upon by a Dallas mayor to stop a forbidden prize fight and ease an angry mob. When stepping off the train by himself, the puzzled mayor asked, “Where are the others?” To that McDonald replied, “Hell, ain’t I enough? There’s only one riot, isn’t there?”

Reaction Score
oh, I'm not sure if that's a good comparison or not - I'll have to do some Googling. Historically, the Rangers were part police and part paramilitary, given the violence of the raw frontier - Indians, criminals, conflicts with Mexico. We tend to forget, being in a part of the country essentially settled & civilized since the 1700's, just how recent "domestication" is in West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.. There have been civilizations there since the year 1000, but not American civilization - and the transition wasn't peaceful, smooth, nor kind. Arizona and New Mexico have been states for barely 100 years. I'm a huge fan of the Land of Enchantment - I was just out there 12 days ago. It's very, very different than anyplace I've been, east of the Mississippi.
10,000 years ago communities were built, abandoned, and some lost in the Arizona, NM arena. Bandlier (sp) Np and others attest to that. The los Alamos plateau has a great view.

Reaction Score
Exactly. The very first incident that is covered up allows for the second incident to happen. The second one that is covered up allows the third, and so on. Too bad Mulkey and some of their fans cannot make this connection between covering up and prevention.

10760335-teddy-bears-see-hear-speak-no-evil.jpg

Which one is Mulkey?

Well we know she's not the third one :p

Reaction Score
A
10,000 years ago communities were built, abandoned, and some lost in the Arizona, NM arena. Bandlier (sp) Np and others attest to that. The los Alamos plateau has a great view.
Can Baltimore hire a ranger or two for long time duty??

Reaction Score
I can't resist. You cannot compare the Connecticut State Police to the Texas Rangers. The Connecticut State Police are significantly underfunded and under staffed and operate under significant constraints that tie one of their hands behind their backs. The whole attitude in Texas in support of the Police organizations is significantly different. The Texas Rangers have numbers, tools, techniques, and their mission is far greater than that of the Connecticut State police.
Don't tell that to whom have been run in by Major Rome, Ct St. Police. (constraints)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nah, nah , nah.....Not this particular group of Rangers. These guys carry badges and sidearms. Not bats..:) In the end , depending upon what they find , Baylor may wish they were the baseball playing Rangers.

We can only hope!! :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sometimes the humor here in the yard is priceless.

images

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Didn't Mulkey say that what went on at Baylor is no different from the situation at every other university? Not according to this legislator:

"..On Friday, state Rep. Roland Gutierrez filed a house resolution asking (Texas) Gov. Greg Abbott to tap the (Texas Rangers)....'What has happened here in Waco, what happened at Baylor, is so far different from any university in the state,' Gutierrez said Monday. 'We can’t stop bad things from happening, but we sure as hell can demand accountability. We sure as hell can demand that people protect our children.'”

Actually, the university probably can stop a lot of "bad things from happening." But accountability is a good place to begin.

Big problem with "cure" is you have to stop selecting as football players talented, but (Briles words) " bad dudes" (a/k/a sociopaths).

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I was just up there two weeks ago. It is stunning.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So I guess we're not going to "just move on", huh? Perhaps some of these people could use one of Mulkey's bad jackets to cover their faces during the perp walk.

Reaction Score
Hopefully all of the Texas Rangers are former longhorns and justice will be served against the guilty parties.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
“One riot, one ranger,” is a phrase made famous by Texas Ranger Captain W.J. McDonald in the very early 1900’s. McDonald was called upon by a Dallas mayor to stop a forbidden prize fight and ease an angry mob. When stepping off the train by himself, the puzzled mayor asked, “Where are the others?” To that McDonald replied, “Hell, ain’t I enough? There’s only one riot, isn’t there?”

Eddie Marks was a Maine State Trooper from about 1925 - 1950. He had a 300 pound pet bear named Minnie who rode in the sidecar of his motorcycle. Together they were enough to stop riots as well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Check out ESPN W homepage with Mulkey crying (you see any tears) saying she gets it. They threw her out here and said : You fix this or.... So, now, Mulkey gets it huh? Women's Basketball - ESPN The only thing Mulkey cares for is Mulkey. They, whoever they are, have grabbed her by the neck and said get out there and make this go away!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Check out ESPN W homepage with Mulkey crying (you see any tears) saying she gets it. They threw her out here and said : You fix this or.... So, now, Mulkey gets it huh? Women's Basketball - ESPN The only thing Mulkey cares for is Mulkey. They, whoever they are, have grabbed her by the neck and said get out there and make this go away!
If you don't get it right the first time, try, try again...Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom