Baylor pitching a shutout | The Boneyard

Baylor pitching a shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
when I turned it on a few minutes ago it looked like Mulkey was encouraging the crowd to yell louder, like players sometime do. Was that the case? Or was it the end of another gesture?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
yes was doing exactly that

Reaction Score
not just a shutout but now 17-0 and Tenn looking like they'd like a mercy rule.

U

UCONNfan1

Can't be a basketball game. Must be a football score. Texans whoopin the Titans?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Warwick pulls Massengale before Sims completely destroys her confidence. Maybe too late.

Reaction Score
Baylor's problem initially was that it wasnt hitting anything from the outside.
That changed, and now they're destroying from 3.

Reaction Score
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! This game is a joke! Tenn. isn't even putting a body on Baylor. After watching both Terps and N. lions smack Huskies around , this just re-emphasizes the fact that there are only three teams in wcbb. Apparrently the officials will allow rough. But it takes two teams to tango , so to speak. Tenn. looks like they want no part of this.

Reaction Score
A 20 pt first-half lead does not surprise me. I'm curious to see if Baylor can maintain its focus. They have shown some tendencies to get bored and ease up.

Reaction Score
Looks like 20 is conservative - it's 36-11 with 4 minutes to the half

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
A 20 pt first-half lead does not surprise me. I'm curious to see if Baylor can maintain its focus. They have shown some tendencies to get bored and ease up.
I think they already have eased up. Defensive pressure is down and Griner has missed a lot of shots she normally makes.

Reaction Score
I think they already have eased up. Defensive pressure is down and Griner has missed a lot of shots she normally makes.

Yeah after the early lead, they seemed to back up, and then remembered they had a game to play.

Loved Peck's comment about "the offensive flow Tennessee showed against Texas". Lol.

Reaction Score
Tenn has 7 baskets (2 for threes) and 8 turnovers - "shooting 17.5%":)

Reaction Score
No discernible offense from Tennessee at all...Graves has disappeared (welcome to Griner-world...remember Stef's first game against Brittany)...Massengale's shots have zero arc - no way they are getting in the basket...Mulkey was quoted at the beginning of the game saying that Baylor hadn't run a half-court offense all year. If so, their record is still intact.

Reaction Score
Lol this game is... Just ugh as a LV fan I hate it for them but all u can do is come out in the second half and try your best.
The pluses: when they doubled Griner it worked BUT they left the three pt shooter open, they scored.
The minuses: rebounding, making shots, three pt defense

Everyone needs(this goes for all schools) to stop being afraid to shoot a layup with Griner in the game if she gets a block fine but put your body on her and make them call a foul. But she's an awesome player. Can't wait till the wnba gets to deal with her lol

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yeah after the early lead, they seemed to back up, and then remembered they had a game to play.

Loved Peck's comment about "the offensive flow Tennessee showed against Texas". Lol.
Peck is an idiot. As though playing Baylor is remotely comparable to playing Texas, especially with Cokie Reed not available.

Reaction Score
Wow for once Simmons isnt their worst shooter. Nor does she have the most turnovers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Lol this game is... Just ugh as a LV fan I hate it for them but all u can do is come out in the second half and try your best.
The pluses: when they doubled Griner it worked BUT they left the three pt shooter open, they scored.
The minuses: rebounding, making shots, three pt defense

Everyone needs(this goes for all schools) to stop being afraid to shoot a layup with Griner in the game if she gets a block fine but put your body on her and make them call a foul. But she's an awesome player. Can't wait till the wnba gets to deal with her lol

Keep driving for lay ups. She has proven that she can block without fouling. Georgetown was the last team to really use that strategy and she had 14 blocks.

Reaction Score
Justavisitor was worried about the deer in the headlights...he called it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom