Baylor/Notre Dame Post Game Quotes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor/Notre Dame Post Game Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think you've got the gist of it. Last year defenders had to worry about Diggins, Novasel and Peters, this year teams are keying on Diggins. That's one of the reasons that Loyd, although she's a wonderful player, was able to get free so often. But if Diggins is a first team AA, she's got to get more done. Shooting 4-19 (0-5 from the arc) isn't getting it done. I'm especially amazed she didn't get to the free throw line last night and that stat is illuminating. Aggressive offensive players get to the line - Geno beats that drum constantly.

The shooting reminded me of Tiff Hayes. Her ability to drive the lane was shutdown by Griner's presence.

The turnovers were what surprised me. A bunch of very bad decisions. Perhaps just pushing too hard.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The shooting reminded me of Tiff Hayes. Her ability to drive the lane was shutdown by Griner's presence.
I know you watch the men's team so you've seen Kemba Walker play. Kemba was a master at creating a foul when the offense wasn't allowing him a lane. He used his athleticism to juke some unsuspecting guard into moving the wrong way, usually into Kemba. Likewise, if a shot isn't open for Diggins, she should use her smarts (hey, she goes to Notre Dame, for crying out loud) to make something happen. The plus is that she can spark her team emotionally that way, too.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Sims doesn't get less attention because of Skylar. She gets less attention because of that other person she plays with.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If SD were butt-ugly she wouldn't be as good. I think some find her skill level more impressive as it is unusual that such an "attractive" woman can be so good at basketball.

Reaction Score
If SD were butt-ugly she wouldn't be as good. I think some find her skill level more impressive as it is unusual that such an "attractive" woman can be so good at basketball.

Whatever. Sexist much? You really believe that every professional whether it be coaches, media, etc all are fouled by Diggins looks into believing she has more talent than she really does? You seem to be under the impression that she didn't pick up a basketball until her first F4 run and Twitter explosion. She's been on every national team possible except the senior team, and she will be on that before Sims. She has excelled at every level and is the main reason for the change in ND's fortunes. She's an incredible passer and it doesn't take much to see that she's a better passer than Sims. Nobody is suggesting Sims isn't a great player or an AA, but you only seem to be able to establish that standing by degrading Diggins. The only criteria that you have to establish your opinion is that you are a Baylor fan. It's obvious.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Whatever. Sexist much? You really believe that every professional whether it be coaches, media, etc all are fouled by Diggins looks into believing she has more talent than she really does? You seem to be under the impression that she didn't pick up a basketball until her first F4 run and Twitter explosion. She's been on every national team possible except the senior team, and she will be on that before Sims. She has excelled at every level and is the main reason for the change in ND's fortunes. She's an incredible passer and it doesn't take much to see that she's a better passer than Sims. Nobody is suggesting Sims isn't a great player or an AA, but you only seem to be able to establish that standing by degrading Diggins. The only criteria that you have to establish your opinion is that you are a Baylor fan. It's obvious.

Right now she is not playing at an AA level.

And easttexastrash might be a Baylor fan, but she/he is OUR Baylor fan.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
AAs will be interesting this season. EDD might not play until January, which might knock her out of consideration, and Diggins will need to put up better numbers, especially on national TV. I thought Thomas got completely owned by UConn, which makes it even more ridiculous that there might not be a Uconn player in the top five in the country.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Maybe it's my aging eyes. Or my blue-tinted glasses.

I find Diggins to be refreshingly attractive when she misses (vs. UConn) but butt-ugly when she is knocking them down.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

My comment was towards the press. She will be an AA this year regardless of her stats. I think the press likes to have an "it girl." ESPN's "Three to See" virtually assures all three of being AAs this year even if their stats don't earn them the honors outright.

This has nothing to do with Sims. She will be an AA along side SD.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
If (hypothetically) you were picking an AA team based on position, as in you could only have one PG, one center, etc, who would you pick (AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON) and yes, I know positions are interchangeable in some areas...

Here's mine:
1. Sims
2. Faris
3. KML
4. Chiney
5. Griner

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If (hypothetically) you were picking an AA team based on position, as in you could only have one PG, one center, etc, who would you pick (AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON) and yes, I know positions are interchangeable in some areas...

Here's mine:
1. Sims
2. Faris
3. KML
4. Chiney
5. Griner

Based on the season so far...

PG- Gray
SG - I suppose Hill from OSU
SF - KM-Lewis
PF - Chiney O
C- Griner