Baylor looks good | The Boneyard

Baylor looks good

Reaction Score
looks like Alexis Jones is back ... Running the floor good and hitting 3's. Lauren Cox looks like a complete different player. Brown had foul trouble on the bench all first half and there up 20. They just keep going to there bench often..... So many weapons and depth it's insane how many players she can go to. I have a feeling the national title will go through UCONN and Baylor!! If Baylor wins the title I'm going in hiding for the summer!!! Im sorry I have a deep dislike for that program... I won't go there but I have my reasons and I'm sure many do to!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Two questions:
1. Weren't you the one who said Syracuse was gonna upset UConn?
2. Are you always this much fun to be around?
I'm a big party come on over u will have the time of your life!!! I have the beer u bring the chips!!!

Reaction Score
Well it's hard to support Baylor with what they allow to happen on there campus and the coaches and athletic department just turn there cheek. And before the mediators on this board have a complete melt down I'm only stating what national news and sports media has said. I will never respect that university down in Waco!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I really like Kim Mulkey a lot! She's a great coach! I love her fire! I love the outfits she wears! I love the fact that the first time Geno walked out of the tunnel in the Baylor Gym- 16,000 Baylor fans gave him a standing ovation. And they did it a second time when a Geno met Kim Mulkey at center court. Total class. That doesn't happen everywhere. I wonder how many of us would like to be judged by our few worst days, vs our entire life?

Reaction Score
Well it's hard to support Baylor with what they allow to happen on there campus and the coaches and athletic department just turn there cheek. And before the mediators on this board have a complete melt down I'm only stating what national news and sports media has said. I will never respect that university down in Waco!!
Totally agree...but its not the players fault. Lets be charitable toward them.

JS

Reaction Score
And before the mediators on this board have a complete melt down I'm only stating what national news and sports media has said. I will never respect that university down in Waco!!
We aren't mediators.

You're referring to what we said to you off the board, and will now say on it.

The problem isn't your opinion of Baylor. The problem is that you repeat it over and over, ad nauseam.

Give it a freakin' rest.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I really like Kim Mulkey a lot! She's a great coach! I love her fire! I love the outfits she wears! I love the fact that the first time Geno walked out of the tunnel in the Baylor Gym- 16,000 Baylor fans gave him a standing ovation. And they did it a second time when a Geno met Kim Mulkey at center court. Total class. That doesn't happen everywhere. I wonder how many of us would like to be judged by our few worst days, vs our entire life?
You refer to Baylor as total class? Maybe on Earth-2.

Reaction Score

It may be hard to support Baylor as a university due to their gross administrative failures, and I get that, but there is NO reason whatsoever to include the women's basketball program in any way, shape or form with your dislike of the school.

Reaction Score
Back to the original thread subject, our Huskies are gonna have a tough road to the finals if they have to go thru Baylor. I fervently hope that somehow Louisville or maybe Washington manages to bump them off. Come to think of it, I'd love to see a Huskies vs Huskies game.

Reaction Score
It's really a shame that UConn vs Baylor will be a semi final game and not the final. Would have been a great Final game!

And I'll bet that Mulkey and Geno are thinking the very same thing!

Reaction Score
Back to the original thread subject, our Huskies are gonna have a tough road to the finals if they have to go thru Baylor. I fervently hope that somehow Louisville or maybe Washington manages to bump them off. Come to think of it, I'd love to see a Huskies vs Huskies game.

I'm not clear on the brackets - as the #1 overall seed, we would play SC (or whoever comes out of that region) in the semis, while ND and Baylor (same caveat) would play each other. So the soonest we'd play Baylor would be in the championship. Did I have the overall 2-4 confused?

Reaction Score
It's really a shame that UConn vs Baylor will be a semi final game and not the final. Would have been a great Final game!
Baylor has to win the next 2 games to get to the final 4. Baylor was suppose to wipe up OSU last year, and that didn't happen. From here on out (Sweet 16), UCONN is the only team I can say with confidence, will be in the Final 4.

Reaction Score
It may be hard to support Baylor as a university due to their gross administrative failures, and I get that, but there is NO reason whatsoever to include the women's basketball program in any way, shape or form with your dislike of the school.
You may want to go back a few weeks and read what the women's coach said about people who disparage the school and what you should do to them. And then had to apologize for it. You can dislike the program. Don't include the players.

Reaction Score
I'm not clear on the brackets - as the #1 overall seed, we would play SC (or whoever comes out of that region) in the semis, while ND and Baylor (same caveat) would play each other. So the soonest we'd play Baylor would be in the championship. Did I have the overall 2-4 confused?
We would play Baylor in the semi's (if both teams make it) not the finals.

Reaction Score

I must have missed the games where UConn beat UCLA and the winner of Maryland/Oregon already.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So Baylor was the overall 4 seed? I am surprised.
Yes, the loss to West Virginia in the Big 12 finals dropped them just behind South Carolina.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know if Mulkey is a great coach. I think she's a good coach and great recruiter. Two very different things.

That said I will not hold Mulkey's feet to the fire for her ill advised and insensitive comments forever. This is the land of second chances and I say she deserves hers. I've said before as a person I admire her grit and resolve. I've said if I were in a foxhole I would have no problem with her at my side. When it comes to Geno and what he and CD has built here she has always shown a level of class that some are incapable of. When Baylor fans come to the BY with their views they have also shown a level of class some of here should aspire to. If positions were reversed and Mulkey was in Storrs winning 11 championships we would love her personality as we do Geno's and criticize her when we think he/she has strayed off course. And yeah folks, let's not forget the reaction those very fans who supports Mulkey come hell or high water are the same fans who came to their feet to applaud both of these fine coaches. The problem I have is with Baylor's administration and the culture of lookaway when it comes to pandering, abuse, a lack of moral fiber and criminality associated with their football program. Not their WCBB team. We should not tar with the same brush two different programs under the same roof that so far have, to me, shown different ethics, morals and culture.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I must have missed the games where UConn beat UCLA and the winner of Maryland/Oregon already.
If we go down- it's the Md game. They are a wild card and definitely one of the few teams that can beat us. If Tulane can lose by 3- Md can beat us.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
In the Potential Md game- I'd take the points!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom