Baylor having their own struggles tonight... | The Boneyard

Baylor having their own struggles tonight...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Against an Iowa State team that is 12-9. At least Temple was 16-4 entering the game against us tonight. Baylor only up 38-31 at the half.

Again, I'm sure Baylor fans will say ISU forces you to play ugly, or whatever. Give Temple credit for an inspired 2nd half and ISU credit for a great 1st half vs. Baylor.

I should have added Texas into my subject header - they are currently losing to a 13-7 Ok State team at the half by 3 points...

Reaction Score
Iowa St can be challenging in Ames given their strong fan support.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Against an Iowa State team that is 12-9. At least Temple was 16-4 entering the game against us tonight. Baylor only up 38-31 at the half.

Again, I'm sure Baylor fans will say ISU forces you to play ugly, or whatever. Give Temple credit for an inspired 2nd half and ISU credit for a great 1st half vs. Baylor.

I should have added Texas into my subject header - they are currently losing to a 13-7 Ok State team at the half by 3 points...

You really should wait until the end of games before you say that a team "struggled." I will take a 31 point road win in conference any day of the week. Baylor started off sluggish...it happens. But, as we all know, games are 40 minutes long.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Iowa St can be challenging in Ames given their strong fan support.

ISU really is a good atmosphere for WCBB. Their fan support is some of the best in the county. Even a few years ago when ISU was expected to be in a regional final, I think it was, those fans came out to watch the games with great enthusiasm. You did not see a bunch of empty seats like you would see in most arenas.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You really should wait until the end of games before you say that a team "struggled." I will take a 31 point road win in conference any day of the week. Baylor started off sluggish...it happens. But, as we all know, games are 40 minutes long.
I flat out said it was the score at the half. My point was, UCONN is not the only top team to struggle in a half. By your logic, there should be no discussion about UCONN's play in the 2nd half vs. Temple. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I flat out said it was the score at the half. My point was, UCONN is not the only top team to struggle in a half. By your logic, there should be no discussion about UCONN's play in the 2nd half vs. Temple. :rolleyes:

Only outscoring a team by 7 in the half is not really struggling. Getting outscored by 6 in a half is struggling.

But let's face it, teams cannot be their sharpest every quarter of every game. And being challenged is a good thing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Only outscoring a team by 7 in the half is not really struggling. Getting outscored by 6 in a half is struggling.

But let's face it, teams cannot be their sharpest every quarter of every game. And being challenged is a good thing.
And by the way, Temple is a NCAA team, ISU is barely a NIT team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
And by the way, Temple is a NCAA team, ISU is barely a NIT team.

I guess it all depends on your definition of "struggling." I didn't think Baylor struggled in the first half. I do think UCONN struggled in the second half.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Wow. So an observation of the #2 team in the country struggling in the first half is stupid? LOL. :rolleyes: And by the way, Temple is a NCAA team, ISU is barely a NIT team.

upload_2017-2-2_9-52-12.png

Temple is Sagarin #43. Iowa State is Sagarin #48. Not a huge difference. There's a bigger gap in their Massey ratings, but Massey still makes the hypothetical head-to-head matchup just a three-point game.

JS

Reaction Score
I just took the trouble to couth up several posts, but refrained from post deletions.

Don't want to go to any more such trouble. Those getting into a peeing match need to cool it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I just took the trouble to couth up several posts, but refrained from post deletions.

Don't want to go to any more such trouble. Those getting into a peeing match need to cool it.

Thanks, JS. I appreciate the feedback and, as always, know when to use the feature that helps in preventing me from getting into further such matches.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
View attachment 19384

Temple is Sagarin #43. Iowa State is Sagarin #48. Not a huge difference. There's a bigger gap in their Massey ratings, but Massey still makes the hypothetical head-to-head matchup just a three-point game.

You and your facts. Always trying to confuse us.

Reaction Score
I guess it all depends on your definition of "struggling." I didn't think Baylor struggled in the first half. I do think UCONN struggled in the second half.
UConn didn't struggle in the 2nd half, they coasted. Huge difference.

Neither team struggled IMO.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Usually I am with you on why you may say something mildly controversial however to say either team struggled is simply WRONG! UConn did not struggle in this win when up by 34 points. Did they coast a bit, yes, struggle you're freaking nuts if that's what you really think.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As I said above, I usually understand and agree with your logic- here's a point why: ISU record is worse than their play, like wise Cincinnati record is better than their play, so records do not always reflect true ability. Baylor up by 7 at half never has me worried as their depth will win out in the end, and has virtually all year, and will even at Texas! With the exception of playing UConn, who is conditioned to go 40 min per starter. As you noted ISU at home is a good place for basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom