Baylor game sold out | The Boneyard

Baylor game sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that is great to hear! Let it stand alone please as wonderful news brought to us by pap:)
Let it stand alone as one more indication of who we are!! I'm glad we have a few more weeks to get
ready for what I am sure is going to be a mad house. It will give us quite an indication of where we are at this time.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Pretty impressive. Baylor obviously plays a good conference schedule, and Tennessee was just there last year. So it's not like they haven't hosted some big-time games in Waco before.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised that the game is an advance sellout, but I am surprised it's the first in program history considering some of the matchups last year and this year (Tenn, Texas A&M, ND). Great news.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Baylor has been having special promotions for tickets to the women's games. I recall reading somewhere that people attending football game could purchase tickets for $5.00 or a similar dollar amount for women's basketball. There were also promotions where people could get free tickets as well.

Also like a lot of other schools have done when UConn first comes to town, they take advantage of it to heavily promote the game. They make the game an event and apparently Baylor has succeeded.

Baylor and other Big 12 teams are very aggressive in the marketing of women's basketball and most schools have promotions where tickets are reasonable or in some cases children are provided free tickets with the purchase of an adult ticket. Also season ticket prices are much more reasonable then UConn season tickets.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I paid more for my UConn long-sleeve tshirt at huskywear.com (22$) than my lower-tier ticket for the Baylor game (20$). Soooooo excited. Will be the only blue surrounded by a sea of green. Look for me!

Reaction Score
Tenn in 2004 or 05...........Most teams that have home sellouts have a very difficult time get thier emotions in check and UCONN builds up a early lead and never looks back.......Ask UNC the last 3 trips to NC.........Ask DUKE, Ask the Lady Vols.......UCONN loves these type games.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom