Baylor AD says there is the possibility that the right G5 school could get pro rata | The Boneyard

Baylor AD says there is the possibility that the right G5 school could get pro rata

Reaction Score
That dude is a clown. Most other Big 12 AD'S keep their mouth shut and are professional. This guy loves the attention. Pro rata only works for a max of 3 years. Just like unequal revenue doesn't work. Everyone has to be rowing in the same direction. All the schools have to be solid together and equal. If UConn gets in it should be full share with new contact in 2026.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Baylor AD says there is a possibility that the right G5 school could get pro-rata. He says the Big 12 hasn't officially invited anyone yet.

A clown show, what a shock, and a bunch of bunk

Reaction Score
I don't understand the negative posts above. The Baylor AD said that a G5 school could be added and get the same money as a P5 school. That means that if UConn were added, the other schools would not get less money. It removes one impediment to UConn being added. That is great news for UConn.

Previous to the Baylor AD coming out and saying it, there have been a few tweets saying this. But he is the first Big 12 official to come out and say it.

Reaction Score
I am expecting B12 TV partners to pay UConn pro rata if UConn is invited. UConn isn't a G5. UConn has been in the P6, and has a P5 athletic budget. UConn also brings a whole state, and is the state's flagship university. Big East is a power conference other than the fact it doesn't play football.

B1G, for example, treats UConn like any P5 school for football scheduling purposes even though UConn is Indy in football

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Umm. Why are people reacting negatively to this? This neutral to positive at least.
Well, one of those negative reactions is apparently from a KU fan with 16 total posts on The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
The more research I’ve been doing on the Pac 12 media rights fiasco combined with the SDSU ‘we’re leaving but this isn’t official notice’ fiasco gives me hope as well. Pac looks like a clown show right now

Reaction Score
That dude is a clown. Most other Big 12 AD'S keep their mouth shut and are professional. This guy loves the attention. Pro rata only works for a max of 3 years. Just like unequal revenue doesn't work. Everyone has to be rowing in the same direction. All the schools have to be solid together and equal. If UConn gets in it should be full share with new contact in 2026.
Uh, that is what pro rata means is it not? Accretion discussion off the table. Same payout per school after as before. Total package compensation to the league goes up.

Reaction Score
Uh, that is what pro rata means is it not? Accretion discussion off the table. Same payout per school after as before. Total package compensation to the league goes up.
Yes you are correct. I misread the article. Rhoades is still a clown. He will look the fool if the PAC stays together.

Reaction Score
Yes you are correct. I misread the article. Rhoades is still a clown. He will look the fool if the PAC stays together.
He is a pol like all the rest. U have to be in that job. We are quite proud of our current guy though. He has done a lot in a difficult situation that he inherited when he came here. Not completely mistake free, but the few mistakes were not unforced like his predecessors'.

Reaction Score

No he's not a clown, he works closely with Brett Yormark and is the public mouthpiece of the Big 12.

Reaction Score

Whether or not the Pac-12 stays together has no bearing on Rhoades image. Your hatred if him is very strange. The negative attacks on him are strange, he was actually pretty respectful and professional and informative.

Reaction Score
Whether or not the Pac-12 stays together has no bearing on Rhoades image. Your hatred if him is very strange. The negative attacks on him are strange, he was actually pretty respectful and professional and informative.
Think we are walking into prior B12 history here. I would not engage.

Reaction Score
No he's not a clown, he works closely with Brett Yormark and is the public mouthpiece of the Big 12.
No he is not. He just loves the attention. Baylor has a well deserved reputation in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Real funny. Obviously UConn fans know nothing about the Big 12.
Pretty sure TheCatsLair is a B12 fan. That’s all he’s ever posted about that I can remember.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure TheCatsLair is a B12 fan. That’s all he’s ever posted about that I can remember.
There were a number of Big 12 schools that wanted Baylor out after the Briles rape scandal. I don't know who CatsLair is, nor do I care.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom