Baylor 40, TT 16 at the half. | The Boneyard

Baylor 40, TT 16 at the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
It's on MSG+ in NYC, #88 Cablevision.

TT has not made a shot in 10 minutes and Baylor has a bunch of scrubs plus Griner in.

Some Baylor scrub just banked in a 3 at the buzzer.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Evidently Pope is not playing due to disciplinary reasons. Seems like Mulkey has to do that a lot.

Reaction Score
Seems like Mulkey does do that a lot but I'm not sure I'd say Mulkey has to do that a lot. She's very demanding.
Baylor isn't playing with a bunch of scrubs and Griner. Mulkey must have seen something she liked about the match up with Tech and Condrey, so she started Condrey. Field is in there because Tech's Barncastle is slow as molasses, Destiny Williams was on the bench with foul trouble and Pope is out for disciplinary reasons. Mulkey's daughter was in at the end of the half because Sims was on the bench with two fouls.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
All the top coaches are demanding. But it seems like Mulkey is the only one that has to bench kids for disciplinary reasons as much as she does.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
All the top coaches are demanding. But it seems like Mulkey is the only one that has to bench kids for disciplinary reasons as much as she does.

who has she benched this year?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Score not surprising given the last game between the two. TT has been demoralized I suspect.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This is the first time that Mulkey has benched anyone this year for disciplinary reasons. She did, however, put a couple of players on the bench because she was not pleased with their effort. I seem to remember that Geno has done that this season as well.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Pope, today and i believe Williams earlier in the year, at least.

Can you possibly provide some documentation of Williams being benched for disciplinary reasons.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
This is the first time that Mulkey has benched anyone this year for disciplinary reasons. She did, however, put a couple of players on the bench one game because she was not pleased with their effort. I seem to remember that Geno has done that this season as well.

Apparently you are incorrect. See Destiny Williams in the St. Johns game, above.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Williams did not play during the first half of the SJU game (Maggie Dixon Classic) which, according to Mulkey, was part of a suspension.

Mulkey did not travel on the team charter flight, staying behind to see her son compete in the Texas high school state football playoffs.

"That's something I've never done as a coach and it threw me out of whack," she said. "I've got an injury to a perimeter player that took us out of our normal rotation. I was completing a suspension of Destiny Williams and she didn't play in the first half at all.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...ylor-st-johns-maggie-dixon-classic/51811306/1

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes.

"Also, Destiny Williams was benched for the first half (vs. St. Johns) for a disciplinary matter and she will be available for all 40 minutes against the Huskies."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2011/12/some-early-thoughts-about-bayloruconn.html

(see paragraph 6)

This was due to lack of effort, this was not a violation of team rules or policies. I suspect that this publication is the only one that used this terminology. It certainly was never spoken by Mulkey, to my knowledge. Maybe we can find some quote from Mulkey where she used that phrase like she did with Pope.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Williams did not play during the first half of the SJU game (Maggie Dixon Classic) which, according to Mulkey, was part of a suspension.

Mulkey did not travel on the team charter flight, staying behind to see her son compete in the Texas high school state football playoffs.

"That's something I've never done as a coach and it threw me out of whack," she said. "I've got an injury to a perimeter player that took us out of our normal rotation. I was completing a suspension of Destiny Williams and she didn't play in the first half at all.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...ylor-st-johns-maggie-dixon-classic/51811306/1

I guess anytime that a player is yanked for performance and effort, or lack thereof, it is a "disciplinary" suspension?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So, when Geno yanked Dolson for most of a game would this be considered a suspension?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I guess anytime that a player is yanked for performance and effort, or lack thereof, it is a "disciplinary" suspension?

I'm not familiar with the circumstances that led to what Mulkey described as a "suspension," but that was the word she used.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Good win for Baylor against a team that has been a bit of a thorn in the side during Griner's time in Waco. I guess A&M could give Baylor a tough game, but chances are the Lady Bears are going to be undefeated heading into the tourney.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with the circumstances that led to what Mulkey described as a "suspension," but that was the word she used.

I take exception to the word "disciplinary." This word, to me, indicates that the player knowing broke a team rule. And quite frankly, Speedoo's intimation was that Baylor is loaded with trouble-makers. Maybe not the intention or the correct perception, but as a Baylor fan, that is how it rang.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
So, when Geno yanked Dolson for most of a game would this be considered a suspension?
No, he didn't like the way she was playing. Geno has not benched anyone for disciplinary reasons for a very long time. Like, years.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No, he didn't like the way she was playing. Geno has not benched anyone for disciplinary reasons for a very long time. Like, years.

Well, I guess benching her is a form of discipline. He just didn't use the word.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mulkey is tough. Good for her. I am surprised that she can win with such a group of hoodlums.

She may sit a player for being late for class or missing a class. And she almost never shares the details of her actions.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I take exception to the word "disciplinary." This word, to me, indicates that the player knowing broke a team rule. And quite frankly, Speedoo's intimation was that Baylor is loaded with trouble-makers. Maybe not the intention or the correct perception, but as a Baylor fan, that is how it rang.
My "intimation" is based on what I have read. I count 4 individual player benchings/suspensions/whatever this year. 2 for Pope, one each for madden and Williams.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Mulkey is tough. Good for her. I am surprised that she can win with such a group of hoodlums.
Sounds like you have a problem with the way Mulkey explains her benchings and suspensions. That's something you might take up with her instead of me.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sounds like you have a problem with the way Mulkey explains her benchings and suspensions. That's something you might take up with her instead of me.

No, I have a problem with your snarky remark. I have watched yours posts and you tend to have a passive-aggressive tone. But, your board, your choices. Not mine to attempt to change or challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom