Baylor 2013-14 prospects | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor 2013-14 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry to disagree, but considering that 2002 team played most second halves in garbage time the minutes were pretty meaningless - that was why I looked at the final four numbers, and when the games were competitive Conlon, Moore, and Battle were basically on the bench and certainly not scoring. All three were total surprises in 2003. I think some criticism of Kim is probably in order for managing her bench during this past year knowing that she was losing most of her starters - they certainly had enough blow-outs of their own. And while aiming for Griner to get the scoring title might have been fun, it certainly didn't help.
Sorry but I have to disagree with your analysis. The "garbage time" might have been meaningless to the UCONN starters with the big 40 point lead, but not to the second team players trying to impress Geno and earn some playing time. I don't believe it was insignificant to their opponents as I am sure they didn't just go through the motions the last fifteen minutes of the game.​
And one aspect I believe people ignore is the practices. Every time I hear any UCONN player talk about practices, you could see the stress in their eyes and body language. Geno pushes his "guys" as hard as anyone and game nights must seem like a vacation day. When I used to play golf, it always amazed me that players who only played but never practiced couldn't understand why they weren't getting any better.​

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Sorry to disagree, but considering that 2002 team played most second halves in garbage time the minutes were pretty meaningless - that was why I looked at the final four numbers, and when the games were competitive Conlon, Moore, and Battle were basically on the bench and certainly not scoring. All three were total surprises in 2003. I think some criticism of Kim is probably in order for managing her bench during this past year knowing that she was losing most of her starters - they certainly had enough blow-outs of their own. And while aiming for Griner to get the scoring title might have been fun, it certainly didn't help.

Just commenting on somewhat of a disconnect in your post. You say the minutes Conlon, Moore and Battle played in 2002 were meaningless because they were in garbage time during second halves, but then you criticize Mulkey for not preparing for a Griner-less future by playing her bench more in blow outs. If the garbage time was meaningless in 2002 for UConn's player development, why would it have been helpful for Baylor this year?

My opinion is that the minutes were meaningful for UConn, just as they would have been for Baylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown
Top Bottom