Battle tested | The Boneyard

Battle tested

Reaction Score
Uconn and Geno's way of coaching is the hallmark of what Women's BB Is about. We set the standards that make the women's game what it is and the oyher teams are trying to catch up. Many teams are now playing at a higher level than they have ever played before, and that is good for the game.This team, this year has now set a standard of grittyness,fortitude, stamina and will to win that shows who and what Uconn is. GO HUSKIES!!!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think that this team might go down as one of the most over achieving teams in UConn Women's Basketball history. May the continue to amaze and get a healthy Caroline and Azzi back in time for the tournament portion of play.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

As they approach the finish line with only 7 games remaining on their regular season schedule, the Huskies know exactly where they stand, and based on their performance against the # 1 team in the country, should feel real good and confident in their ability to make it to the third weekend of the tournament with what and who they have RIGHT NOW!!!

1 game at a time, 1 quarter at a time. Win each 5 minute half of each quarter, and they should be fine. :) Keep hope alive. As long as we're in it, we have a chance. Anything can happen during those 3 weekends.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1675802916891.png

Carnac

Reaction Score
I think that this team might go down as one of the most over achieving teams in UConn Women's Basketball history. May the continue to amaze and get a healthy Caroline and Azzi back in time for the tournament portion of play.
Serge, of course I (we) would love to have Azzi and "sweet" Caroline back for the tournament..........but if we don't, I think this team with the 8 players that dressed on Sunday can win their first 4 games in March.

My take on those two returning is different than most others. Based on what I've read here in the yard, I don't anticipate Azzi returning this year. Recent reports suggest Caroline is on the cusp of returning. She'll be back when I see her enter a game.

I'm concentrating and focusing my hopes and dreams on the players we have who dress for the game and are ready to play. Who knows................. if the wind blows in the right direction, the basketball gods smile on them for 3 weeks, the ball bounces their way, and the referees let them play and call the fouls "consistently" both ways that should be called, who knows what can happen, anything is possible. :) If this team was going to break, they would have done it by now. ;)

Reaction Score
Serge, of course I (we) would love to have Azzi and "sweet" Caroline back for the tournament..........but if we don't, I think this team with the 8 players that dressed on Sunday can win their first 4 games in March.

My take on those two returning is different than most others. Based on what I've read here in the yard, I don't anticipate Azzi returning this year. Recent reports suggest Caroline is on the cusp of returning. She'll be back when I see her enter a game.

I'm concentrating and focusing my hopes and dreams on the players we have who dress for the game and are ready to play. Who knows................. if the wind blows in the right direction, the basketball gods smile on them for 3 weeks, the ball bounces their way, and the referees let them play and call the fouls "consistently" both ways that should be called, who knows what can happen, anything is possible. :) If this team was going to break, they would have done it by now. ;)
Very true Carnac and very salient point.

JBK

Reaction Score

Geno stated Caroline in the next 2 games if she does not have any adverse reactions after practice and Azzi ( per Azzi ) before months end

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As they approach the finish line with only 7 games remaining on their regular season schedule, the Huskies know exactly where they stand, and based on their performance against the # 1 team in the country, should feel real good and confident in their ability to make it to the third weekend of the tournament with what and who they have RIGHT NOW!!!

1 game at a time, 1 quarter at a time. Win each 5 minute half of each quarter, and they should be fine. :) Keep hope alive. As long as we're in it, we have a chance. Anything can happen during those 3 weekends.

They won 111 games in a row by taking it 1 possession at a time.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Geno stated Caroline in the next 2 games if she does not have any adverse reactions after practice and Azzi ( per Azzi ) before months end
Great, then we have something to look forward to. :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
if the wind blows in the right direction, the basketball gods smile on them for 3 weeks, the ball bounces their way, and the referees let them play and call the fouls "consistently" both ways that should be called, who knows what can happen, anything is possible. :) If this team was going to break, they would have done it by now. ;)
Yes, and of course part of what you speak of is that good teams can be upset. And while I don't wish it on anyone, injuries and illness happen. As you say, anything can happen.

I'm kind of like Geno: I feel better about this team now than before the SCar game, and I certainly admired their resolute mindset before that game.

Reaction Score
Yes, and of course part of what you speak of is that good teams can be upset. And while I don't wish it on anyone, injuries and illness happen. As you say, anything can happen.

I'm kind of like Geno: I feel better about this team now than before the SCar game, and I certainly admired their resolute mindset before that game.
I would be surprised but not shocked if this team lost in the second round, and surprised but not shocked if the Huskies won the whole thing. On a night that shots aren’t falling or foul trouble/injuries occur, there are quite a few NCAAT teams who could get the upset. If these young women can put together a stretch where Lou, Dorka, and Aubrey (and hopefully Caroline and Azzi) are hitting a lot of threes and Aaliyah is dominating down low, they can absolutely win the title.

Whether the Huskies go out the first weekend or go out on top, I know that I’ll have a lot of fun watching this group play together. It’s always been fun to be a UCONN fan. This season it’s been an honor. What a fantastic group of young women!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Even much more than usual, so much depends on the zebras. Three or four quick touch fouls or wrong charge/block fouls could really cripple us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom