Battle of the 5 Titles. | The Boneyard

Battle of the 5 Titles.

Reaction Score
Since Coach K has retired, perhaps Duke can be enticed into playing a true home and away with us. Battle of the 5 titles, or some other branding. With a third grudge match to be played at MSG. We're on the ascension and their future is a little cloudy so it might help them maintain some relevance. Wondering what other branding this series could get.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Since Coach K has retired, perhaps Duke can be enticed into playing a true home and away with us. Battle of the 5 titles, or some other branding. With a third grudge match to be played at MSG. We're on the ascension and their future is a little cloudy so it might help them maintain some relevance. Wondering what other branding this series could get.
I hope this was tongue-in-cheek...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Duke is going to be ranked #1 in the country in the pre-season. I don't get the "murky future" thing.
Maybe your're not trying hard enough? The ACC overall is in turmoil. ACC hoop in general stinks. The only good team last season was mainly known for spreading around the NIL. And who knows if this new guy can coach? He's already disappointed in the post-season once.

Reaction Score
Maybe your're not trying hard enough? The ACC overall is in turmoil. ACC hoop in general stinks. The only good team last season was mainly known for spreading around the NIL. And who knows if this new guy can coach? He's already disappointed in the post-season once.

Sure thing.

Reaction Score
Duke is going to be ranked #1 in the country in the pre-season. I don't get the "murky future" thing.

Funny thing about that. UNC was preseason #1 last year. Duke was # 4 nationally.

UNC didn't even make the NCAAs. Duke finished #4 in the ACC.

If you take murky future to mean the post-K period, it's a fair point. If you take murky future to mean nationally not relevant, it's likely they will remain a name for a while based on momentum alone. But as noted the conference is unsettled. A UNC type season will lead to a full blown meltdown.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you think Duke is going to miss the tournament next season like Carolina did this year I'd be happy to take that action.
TBH, I bet you would have been happy to take action last year that UNC wouldn't make it this year.

Reaction Score
Here’s something for you.

Duke was once approached about having an alumni game Uconn vs Duke for Calhouns charity and Duke couldn’t get enough alumni to commit to it to make it happen.

Reaction Score
TBH, I bet you would have been happy to take action last year that UNC wouldn't make it this year.

I think you're trying too hard but if you want that bet re: Duke next year I'd be happy to make it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As to the concept of forced made for TV rivalry events........

puke GIF

Reaction Score
What is the “McD” status of Dukes roster? They have high level talent.

Reaction Score
If you think Duke is going to miss the tournament next season like Carolina did this year I'd be happy to take that action.
Would you have taken UNC to miss the tourney last year?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You want to give me action on duke E8 next year? Set your odds.

Reaction Score
You want to give me action on duke E8 next year? Set your odds.
Some yarders are going to be real disappointed when they learn that Scheyer is a decent young coach and Duke will remain a destination for high ranked players. If I had to lay money on which teams will make the F4 next season Duke would be on that list.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
True, that’s why the branding could use some work.
Their recruitment doesn’t seem to be suffering at all. Withal, the players returning they will consensus number 1

August_West

Reaction Score
Some yarders are going to be real disappointed when they learn that Scheyer is a decent young coach and Duke will remain a destination for high ranked players. If I had to lay money on which teams will make the F4 next season Duke would be on that list.
Yup.

They have a nice squad returning with some stud additions

August_West

Reaction Score
You guys don't need me.
Yeah we do. If I say Duke makes E8 next year and want to put 100 on it. What odds will you give me? Take my money!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom