Battle 4 Atlantis: Uconn Opens Against Minnesota | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis: Uconn Opens Against Minnesota

Reaction Score
It's likely no coincidence that Paige opens up against her home state of Minnesota. Uconn/MN winner will be meeting Syracuse/USF winner in the second round.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's likely no coincidence that Paige opens up against her home state of MN. Ignore the part about Uconn SC potentially meeting in the final. That cannot happen due to clause in contract since they meet during the season. Same holds true with Oregon. Since Oregon and Oklahoma are in the same bracket, by deduction, Uconn will be meeting Syracuse and USF in the final two games of their group pairing.

We will be there! Can’t wait :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would not bet against USF to take down the Cuse.

Jose has a competitive team. Do we even know what Cuse has?
I understand that Coach Q has put together a new team that consists of 5 waitresses from Varsity Pizza, 2 out-of-work computer techs from Key Bank and his 2nd cousin Cecilia………

Reaction Score

Right. That's what happened in the past. I like this better. What an early season test for SCar & Oregon. Play each other and then face UConn in a 3rd game in 3 days.

I'll predict that UConn's bench will log a lot of minutes in the 1st 2 games.

Reaction Score
Of course all this depends on flights from the US to Nassau not getting Covided.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I am confused...a somewhat normal state. Does the new bracket mean that UConn can indeed play Oregon or South Carolina in the championship game...i.e. has the NCAA given their OK on this potential game?
If that happens, has our regular season game against that team been deferred a year or so?
Is the NCAA now OK with playing them twice?

I am all FOR this young talented team being tested early and often. Throw the frosh into the deep end of the pool in November...see how well they swim early...a loss or two early [imo] would help us come April.

Reaction Score
I think this is great and can't wait to be there. From everything I'd seen prior to this release, it was a round robin format, not a bracket, with us not even possibly playing USC or Oregon.

Reaction Score
I am confused...a somewhat normal state. Does the new bracket mean that UConn can indeed play Oregon or South Carolina in the championship game...i.e. has the NCAA given their OK on this potential game?
If that happens, has our regular season game against that team been deferred a year or so?
Is the NCAA now OK with playing them twice?

I am all FOR this young talented team being tested early and often. Throw the frosh into the deep end of the pool in November...see how well they swim early...a loss or two early [imo] would help us come April.
Apparently, the can now play twice during the season should they meet during the tournament contrary to earlier articles that we read. I don't believe the NCAA was the original obstacle in disallowing them to play twice. The schools had contracts in place that led the media and fans to believe that they couldn't play each other in a pre-season tournament in addition to the regular season. So either we were misinformed or those contract clauses were waived.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So Lindsay Whalen coaches the Gophers now? Loved her on the Sun.

Reaction Score

2021 will be the inaugural event for WBB for the Battle 4 Atlantis Invitational Tournament. Last season was supposed to be, but it got cancelled due to the pandemic.

They have been having a men's CBB tournament for some years, and they always held championship games for them. My understanding was that last season's WBB slate was going to be under the exact same format. So I always thought from the beginning that there would be a championship game between SOMEBODY, until I started reading comments here that there wouldn't be......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom