Batouly? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Batouly?

Reaction Score
Perhaps these two sentences are related it will make some sense.
What surgery are we talking about regarding Batouly?
The poster was discussing surgery on a knee---if the knee requires surgery to me there are two types--(both of which I had examined with my knee) orthoscopic minimal invasive, cutting surgery--deeply invasive--requires long recovery---if you post the rest of my post used a special word---IF--surgery were needed. I have no specific knowledge of what Touly's condition is or was.
My direct reply said something along the lines: I reported what Geno had said---she is not nearly close to being ready. That has many implications for the uninformed. And I am uninformed.
What was the point of your posting that to me???

Reaction Score
As I see it, and admittedly I may be a bit myopic (that's what my ophthamologist says), we know exactly two things about Batouly. She had a very decent freshman year down low in a down low oriented conference, and she caught Geno's eye. All the rest of it is just fan noise, both the good and the bad. She's a young lady who cast her lot with the Huskies and I look forward to the day she can show us what she has.
\

Oh, snap---you are a fun killer---next thing you are going to be saying is: Let us see her play before we make a judgement 0r let us Wait (can anyone imagine waiting) until we know all the facts---
Where are you going with words like these?? We are Speculators, we speculate on EVERYthing--if I say IMO, I can say anything--IMO, you are WRONG, just wrong, --heck I forgot what you were supposed to be wrong about--Dang you!!

Reaction Score
Perhaps these two sentences are related it will make some sense.
What surgery are we talking about regarding Batouly?

The whole post to which you were referring:
If I had posted that Touly was better or worse that Butler--my only excuse is: I have to adjust my meds. I doubt I'd do any direct comparison. I haven't seen Touly play. The last comment I recall writing about her is something along the lines I need to see her play before making a judgement.\

I did repeat the Geno comment about her not being anywhere near ready and asked--what do you think??

Can Uconn use a healthy effective touly?? U bet.

I liked/like Butler as a person, and she worked hard to be the best--her body style and Uconn's manner of play would not allow her to succeed.

If she is to have REAL surgery and not otho-scopic surgery--recovery could be LONG. But I don't think Geno was speaking specifically about her knees. When you sit too long, getting back to game mode can take a while.

You posted nothing to argue with--but I have to wait to see what is really happening, and hoping for the best for Toouly.

Reaction Score
And let's not so quickly dismiss the rest of this year's freshman class. Megan is not the only one who can contribute. She is just a step ahead ( as player of the year ).

No listen I think when a player shows she's ready mentally and physically I think Geno rewards with PT. Assuming all 6 starters are healthy and you add walker there's just not a lot of minutes left unless we're up 20 plus and resting said 6 starters. A nice problem to have.

We don't play like old school Kentucky and run 10 out there ya know

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Geno's recent comment of, " she is not anywhere near close," to playing is dismaying, particularly given earlier rumors that we might see her for a moment against Nevada. My fear is that her knee is not responding to rest because there is some structural damage that requires more than rest ( surgery ). If that is the case, I expect her to apply for red-shirt status. But this is really frustrating for her; to sit out a season due to NCAA rules on transfers, and then miss a consecutive year due to injury. I think that is why UCONN is doing all they can to see if she can get better now, without surgery, and without sitting out a second season. I have no inside contacts, but the lack of progress is indicative of a serious issue.
I thought that Geno made clear that he was not referring to a continuing injury. He acknowledged that she has been medically cleared to play, but he said that isn't the same as being ready to play. Part of it may be a conditioning issue; another part may be that she hasn't gotten her timing or her game instincts back; and part of it may be that she has missed too much practice time to be in sync with what the team is doing.

No one can miss seven weeks of practice at the beginning of the season and then just flip a switch and be ready to play. We should not be surprised.

Reaction Score
I liked/like Butler as a person, and she worked hard to be the best--her body style and Uconn's manner of play would not allow her to succeed.

Not sure we measure success the same way considering anyone who is first or second off the bench at UCONN in my opinion is successful. She played meaningful minutes and excelled at her role as being the go to person to shut down opponents that were controlling the paint. The fact that she was the top rebounder per minute played last year was just a token of her defensive contributions.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Getting back to Batouly:

"During the recent trip out west, it looked as if sophomore forward Batouly Camara would return to the court before Samuelson. Camara took part in warmups before the games, but the Kentucky transfer is still sidelined. Auriemma isn’t quite sure when she will make her UConn debut as she continues to work her way back from a knee injury she suffered in the preseason.

“It is not as 100 percent as she wants it to be, so I think she is a little bit tentative and a little bit cautious and her game is built on activity,” Auriemma said."

UConn women showed they’re up to the challenge against Irish

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I thought that Geno made clear that he was not referring to a continuing injury. He acknowledged that she has been medically cleared to play, but he said that isn't the same as being ready to play. Part of it may be a conditioning issue; another part may be that she hasn't gotten her timing or her game instincts back; and part of it may be that she has missed too much practice time to be in sync with what the team is doing.

No one can miss seven weeks of practice at the beginning of the season and then just flip a switch and be ready to play. We should not be surprised.
True, true, true! Especially at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Not sure we measure success the same way considering anyone who is first or second off the bench at UCONN in my opinion is successful. She played meaningful minutes and excelled at her role as being the go to person to shut down opponents that were controlling the paint. The fact that she was the top rebounder per minute played last year was just a token of her defensive contributions.
Success is measured in many ways by different peoples with different value systems. You are correct. Poor choice of my last word-- I was searching for a proper word and missed the right one. But in any case the right choice for Ms Butler, then as now, would have been GM U.

Reaction Score

I must have missed that --comment from Geno--the only one I READ was the one I presented, and repeated prior to my posting by others: She is far from ready.
If he had stated that he meant that she was physically ready--which would have made his statement crystal clear--I haven't read that anywhere--is that new?
Where did you read the statement: "that she has been medically cleared to play; "he said that isn't the same as being ready to play. That changes the complexion of Touly's future this year, potentially. I'd like to read that. Then too if you post where you read it---that would STOP a lot of speculation and suspicions--time to stop this was a week ago, but NOW is not too late.

Reaction Score
I must have missed that --comment from Geno--the only one I READ was the one I presented, and repeated prior to my posting by others: She is far from ready.
If he had stated that he meant that she was physically ready--which would have made his statement crystal clear--I haven't read that anywhere--is that new?
Where did you read the statement: "that she has been medically cleared to play; "he said that isn't the same as being ready to play. That changes the complexion of Touly's future this year, potentially. I'd like to read that. Then too if you post where you read it---that would STOP a lot of speculation and suspicions--time to stop this was a week ago, but NOW is not too late.
There's video of Geno saying it in one of the pre or post game videos that get posted here. Touly's entry into a game has been imminent for a week or two now, but obviously has yet to materialize.

Reaction Score
There's video of Geno saying it in one of the pre or post game videos that get posted here. Touly's entry into a game has been imminent for a week or two now, but obviously has yet to materialize.
I probably said this before: But I don't read lips, and can't hear videos---so posting them for me --only works when some one on the board says: Geno in this video says: . It may be posted, but not in the thread I read about Touly.

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with an answer. Still, with all the speculation about "conditioning" or possibly being injured beyond that which we knew--
With the expectation, you stated, that we have been told to expect Touly's entry into a game here or there--speculation burst on to the scene. Thanks again..
That MUST be posted to stop the rampant, untrue speculation. Thanks---

Reaction Score

When I got out of the service and returned to Bristol Ct, and looked for an apartment, with my NY wife---her lack of accent -resulted us being called Mainiac's, people from Maine, and not getting some apartments. Your BY ID brings up some not special memories.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom