Batouly? | The Boneyard

Batouly?

Reaction Score
Reading between the lines, yes she is available, but no, she is not ready.

Seems like another Natalie Butler situation.

Fairly well-regarded big, held back by injuries and probably won't be a factor this year.

Reaction Score
Just my impression, nothing more. I would be surprised if Batouly gets meaningful minutes in a close game.
My impression too based on Geno's recent comment on Touly: "she isn't anywhere near close to being ready". That seems clear to me, how about you??

Reaction Score
Batouly is a lot better than Natalie. She played a year for Kentucky. Let's wait to judge her until March 1. We'll see.

nothing factual stat wise backs this up but time may tell

Reaction Score
...yes?...

Is that not what we're supposed to be doing around here?

My opinion/prediction is that Batouly is not a meaningful contributor this year. In future years, maybe.

Sounds reasonable. Looks like we have 6 starters, and Megan walker. Geno never seems to be a guy to play with a big rotation. We're kinda loaded.

But who knows. Maybe she claws her way towards some minutes then more minutes.

Reaction Score
...yes?...

Is that not what we're supposed to be doing around here?

My opinion/prediction is that Batouly is not a meaningful contributor this year. In future years, maybe.

Yes. Your posts though are generally more negative and or more critical than most, right?

That's fine. :):):) Just saying I think I recognize your screen name. You are tougher to keep happy, right? Please don't take offense. Not meant to be taken that way. :)

Reaction Score
Batouly is a post player with no experience playing wing. With a rotation of Z,Napheesa and Gabby, there aren't any meaningful minutes for her this year. Next year, though, she should be an impact player.

Reaction Score
Batouly is a post player with no experience playing wing. With a rotation of Z,Napheesa and Gabby, there aren't any meaningful minutes for her this year. Next year, though, she should be an impact player.
Next year, Gabby leaves and Olivia comes. Touly must be thinking, "You've got to be kidding me." What UConn's opponents are thinking is not printable on this forum.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As I see it, and admittedly I may be a bit myopic (that's what my ophthamologist says), we know exactly two things about Batouly. She had a very decent freshman year down low in a down low oriented conference, and she caught Geno's eye. All the rest of it is just fan noise, both the good and the bad. She's a young lady who cast her lot with the Huskies and I look forward to the day she can show us what she has.

Reaction Score
My impression too based on Geno's recent comment on Touly: "she isn't anywhere near close to being ready". That seems clear to me, how about you??
Batouly is, potentially, several levels better than Natalie Butler. I mean, seriously, if Butler were 6' 0" she would be lucky to start at Amherst. Batouly is a quality player. But Geno's recent comment of, " she is not anywhere near close," to playing is dismaying, particularly given earlier rumors that we might see her for a moment against Nevada. My fear is that her knee is not responding to rest because there is some structural damage that requires more than rest ( surgery ). If that is the case, I expect her to apply for red-shirt status. But this is really frustrating for her; to sit out a season due to NCAA rules on transfers, and then miss a consecutive year due to injury. I think that is why UCONN is doing all they can to see if she can get better now, without surgery, and without sitting out a second season. I have no inside contacts, but the lack of progress is indicative of a serious issue.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My fear is that her knee is not responding to rest because there is some structural damage that requires more than rest ( surgery ). If that is the case, I expect her to apply for red-shirt status. But this is really frustrating for her; to sit out a season due to NCAA rules on transfers, and then miss a consecutive year due to injury. I think that is why UCONN is doing all they can to see if she can get better now, without surgery, and without sitting out a second season. I have no inside contacts, but the lack of progress is indicative of a serious issue.
I check with the AMA regarding this theory and they did not find where "surgery" was among the appropriate treatment options for a "bone bruise". Unless your diagonosis is that Batouly doesn't have a bone bruise?

Reaction Score
I check with the AMA regarding this theory and they did not find where "surgery" was among the appropriate treatment options for a "bone bruise". Unless your diagonosis is that Batouly doesn't have a bone bruise?
It is my fear that she does not have a bone bruise. If she does, they can linger for a month or two, but would not require surgery, as you point out.

Reaction Score
Batouly is, potentially, several levels better than Natalie Butler. I mean, seriously, if Butler were 6' 0" she would be lucky to start at Amherst. Batouly is a quality player. But Geno's recent comment of, " she is not anywhere near close," to playing is dismaying, particularly given earlier rumors that we might see her for a moment against Nevada. My fear is that her knee is not responding to rest because there is some structural damage that requires more than rest ( surgery ). If that is the case, I expect her to apply for red-shirt status. But this is really frustrating for her; to sit out a season due to NCAA rules on transfers, and then miss a consecutive year due to injury. I think that is why UCONN is doing all they can to see if she can get better now, without surgery, and without sitting out a second season. I have no inside contacts, but the lack of progress is indicative of a serious issue.

If I had posted that Touly was better or worse that Butler--my only excuse is: I have to adjust my meds. I doubt I'd do any direct comparison. I haven't seen Touly play. The last comment I recall writing about her is something along the lines I need to see her play before making a judgement.\

I did repeat the Geno comment about her not being anywhere near ready and asked--what do you think??

Can Uconn use a healthy effective touly?? U bet.

I liked/like Butler as a person, and she worked hard to be the best--her body style and Uconn's manner of play would not allow her to succeed.

If she is to have REAL surgery and not otho-scopic surgery--recovery could be LONG. But I don't think Geno was speaking specifically about her knees. When you sit too long, getting back to game mode can take a while.

You posted nothing to argue with--but I have to wait to see what is really happening, and hoping for the best for Toouly.

Reaction Score
Sounds reasonable. Looks like we have 6 starters, and Megan walker. Geno never seems to be a guy to play with a big rotation. We're kinda loaded.

But who knows. Maybe she claws her way towards some minutes then more minutes.
And let's not so quickly dismiss the rest of this year's freshman class. Megan is not the only one who can contribute. She is just a step ahead ( as player of the year ).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have to adjust my meds.
If she is to have REAL surgery and not otho-scopic surgery--recovery could be LONG.
Perhaps these two sentences are related it will make some sense.
What surgery are we talking about regarding Batouly?

Reaction Score
As I see it, and admittedly I may be a bit myopic (that's what my ophthamologist says), we know exactly two things about Batouly. She had a very decent freshman year down low in a down low oriented conference, and she caught Geno's eye. All the rest of it is just fan noise, both the good and the bad. She's a young lady who cast her lot with the Huskies and I look forward to the day she can show us what she has.

Oh, snap---you are a fun killer---next thing you are going to be saying is: Let us see her play before we make a judgement 0r let us Wait (can anyone imagine waiting) until we know all the facts---
Where are you going with words like these?? We are Speculators, we speculate on EVERYthing--if I say IMO, I can say anything--IMO, you are WRONG, just wrong, --heck I forgot what you were supposed to be wrong about--Dang you!!
Perhaps these two sentences are related it will make some sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom