Batouly Camara | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Batouly Camara

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
BC is known for picks and screens but she seems to have a really nice touch on her jump shot from within 15 feet....they should be looking to get her a bit more involved in the offense when she's on the floor..
You beat me to the punch, but I'm with you on the shooting. I've been impressed with how effective she has been in the 12-15' range.

Reaction Score
You beat me to the punch, but I'm with you on the shooting. I've been impressed with how effective she has been in the 12-15' range.

I remember a video of her at a high school practice where she swished shot after shot from 15 feet and in.............that seems to have carried over to this day................it's really a shame we haven't seen her at her best

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I guess this answers the question of her return!

I hope that comes true, but my recollection is that Azura said similar things around this time last year. I agree that Batouly, unlike Azura, has no WNBA prospects if she leaves after this year.

Reaction Score
I hope that comes true, but my recollection is that Azura said similar things around this time last year. I agree that Batouly, unlike Azura, has no WNBA prospects if she leaves after this year.

I suppose she has to decide if she would rather bust her butt on the court or in the real world.................I'd stay...............;)

Reaction Score
It's nice to be positive about Batouly but in reality she appears to lack the skill set to be an impactful D1 player at this time. She is foul prone and can't stay healthy. Geno has been quoted as saying she fouls on every other play. Hard to get playing time when you have a coach who prides himself on having a team that doesn't foul.
There is a big difference between saying a person lacks the skill set vs the person cannot stay healthy. IMO Camara has shown she does not lack the skill set but she obviously has health issues. And those issues could have a lot to do with her high fouling rate. One can only hope she returns next year and is healthy enough to contribute on the floor.

I admire Geno for many things but none more than his compassion for once great players who unfortunately suffered huge career affecting injuries. And at least two of those players transfered in.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Geno sez...........if you’re only good at doing 1-2 things, then concentrate on doing those things and do them well. If she can come off the bench next year and give Geno 8-12 points in 15-18 minutes every night, that would be great, and a huge contribution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom