Basketball season ticket lottery winners results later today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Basketball season ticket lottery winners results later today

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
They should do an 'incentive' policy for student season tix. Basically students would swipe their cards and earn 'points' for attending other sporting events (e.g. soccer, field hockey, etc). The more points that a student has, the higher they are up in the lottery. I believe they do this at some other schools.

The negatives would be students swiping their card just to get points and then leaving. Also it rewards students who are on campus over breaks (i.e. hurts out of state students). But it seems like a better system than the current set up.
As you said, that's too unfair to out-of-state students. In-state students have the opportunity to see UConn basketball pretty much whenever they want.

The lottery makes sense in my opinion. There will always be the happy ones and the sad ones, but you can't say it's unfair. It's COMPLETELY 100% random, except for the fact that the older you are, the greater chance you have of winning the lottery. Makes sense to me.

Reaction Score
As you said, that's too unfair to out-of-state students. In-state students have the opportunity to see UConn basketball pretty much whenever they want.

The lottery makes sense in my opinion. There will always be the happy ones and the sad ones, but you can't say it's unfair. It's COMPLETELY 100% random, except for the fact that the older you are, the greater chance you have of winning the lottery. Makes sense to me.

I guess if you could find a way to not count loyalty points during breaks then it would be more fair. I think this would help incentivize students to show up at the less popular sports. Also maybe additional points for making the trek out to E. Hartford for football? Just an idea...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is so easy to fix it can barely be called a problem. Simply make the student tickets non-transferable and linked to your ID. If you don't want your ticket turn it back in 48 hrs before the game and the AD can give it to a student waiting list.

Reaction Score
They should do an 'incentive' policy for student season tix. Basically students would swipe their cards and earn 'points' for attending other sporting events (e.g. soccer, field hockey, etc). The more points that a student has, the higher they are up in the lottery. I believe they do this at some other schools.

The negatives would be students swiping their card just to get points and then leaving. Also it rewards students who are on campus over breaks (i.e. hurts out of state students). But it seems like a better system than the current set up.
They did that at UVA. Worked really well, and then they let students into the arena in waves. More points you had the earlier wave you got. Lower student section was always filled, and they'd try and guarantee as many as they could in the upper student section

Reaction Score
I was 1-4 when I was a student. Cue students who have taken econ 1001 trying to justify their price gouging on 'buy or sell.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom