Basketball season ticket lottery winners results later today | The Boneyard

Basketball season ticket lottery winners results later today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm 1-2... Still waiting on this year. I do get the feeling all the Gampel tickets aren't sold in the lottery, and that they purposely keep a good amount available for real fans to log in 4 hours early (like I did last year) on the day they go on sale to everyone.

Reaction Score
I'm 1-2... Still waiting on this year. I do get the feeling all the Gampel tickets aren't sold in the lottery, and that they purposely keep a good amount available for real fans to log in 4 hours early (like I did last year) on the day they go on sale to everyone.
90% of the asssholes that enter the lottery can't name a player on the team. They need to change this dumb system where people just sell the tickets for 3 times the amount they bought them for

Reaction Score
90% of the asssholes that enter the lottery can't name a player on the team. They need to change this dumb system where people just sell the tickets for 3 times the amount they bought them for
Completely agree. I nearly paid $150 for tickets last year before my friends convinced me to wait it out. 6 of the hardest days in my life.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They want to be fair. But I don't understand why they can't develop a system for these tickets similar to academic acceptance for instance. They don't admit every student that applies. Students must demonstrate they meet certain protocols. So set up a lottery system for those students that demonstrate a certain set of rigors that demonstrate they are fans.

Students who camp out before games can be one identifier. If the numbers exceeds tickets thats where the lottery is applied. Be creative. Start a contest where individuals or groups come up with lyrics or phrases that demonstrate support of the team without being derogatory. Give points where student attend other events that the university wants to create buzz. I'm sure people can come up with better suggestions than this.

At the very least tag the tickets to an id and don't give them to students until they get into Gampel. If they don't show up give those tickets to students who camp out via a lottery. This will stop students from scalping tickets.

Reaction Score
I didn't win. Straight BS. Even better they sent me and my friends the email that we ALL didn't win seemingly at the same exact time. Trolling us real hard.

Reaction Score
You guys realize that after a few days you can just call the ticket office to see if there are any season ticket packages left, right?

That's how my friends got season tickets when they didn't win. They were 1/4 in the lottery but the other three years they just called the ticket office and there were leftovers

Reaction Score
If there is such a demand for tickets then why are the student sections 60% to 75% full for most of the games?

Because half of the people that win the lottery can't name 3 players on the team; and then realize that they don't care enough to go.

Reaction Score
You guys realize that after a few days you can just call the ticket office to see if there are any season ticket packages left, right?

That's how my friends got season tickets when they didn't win. They were 1/4 in the lottery but the other three years they just called the ticket office and there were leftovers
See my theory a few posts up.

Reaction Score

It's called capitalism.

Reaction Score

Yeah that's such bs. I swear I'm one of the most diehard fans on campus. Been to 2 final fours and haven't missed a home game since 2010. I'm really bummed I didn't get picked.

Reaction Score
It's called capitalism.
Yeah yeah supply and demand. I still don't have respect for anybody trying to make a quick buck off dedicated fans that actually want to go to the games

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate scalping, but in the years when I didn't win I always quickly found a willing seller to sell me his/her season tickets for a relatively modest markup. They are still a bargain at twice the price, and I was relatively flush with cash from bartending.

You could wait for single game tickets but I always wanted the full set, so I jumped on the classifieds immediately.

I *might* even have continued to do it for several years after graduating, back in the days when all you needed was a fall semester validation sticker on your student ID, and that wasn't all that hard to acquire.

Reaction Score
Lesson for the younger husky students on the board. If you have friends who aren't exactly huge UConn basketball fans, but know that you ARE a huge UConn basketball fan, get as many of them as you can to enter the lottery. Then buy the tickets off of them for face value if they win. I dealt with 4 years of this s*** system and only won once. However, I was still there, front and center at each game because I had some great friends who were willing to help me out.

Reaction Score
They should ask season ticket buyers to name 1 current Uconn basketball. You would be surprised how many wouldnt get to claim their tickets

Reaction Score
They should do an 'incentive' policy for student season tix. Basically students would swipe their cards and earn 'points' for attending other sporting events (e.g. soccer, field hockey, etc). The more points that a student has, the higher they are up in the lottery. I believe they do this at some other schools.

The negatives would be students swiping their card just to get points and then leaving. Also it rewards students who are on campus over breaks (i.e. hurts out of state students). But it seems like a better system than the current set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom