Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like more than a little. Maybe something related to
her mental health issues.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wow. Not a pleasant story. For Chamique's sake I hope some of the details aren't true (Ex: the part with the gun).

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Anybody besides me wish The Summitt was still a ..nope,nope,nope, don't go there, I'm sorry Lord, I shouldn't a-oughta a-said that, an' the starvin' pygmies in New Guinea, Amen.

Just to make this clear: I'm not making fun of the incident, nor the underlying medical/behavioral issues. Once again, it's all about the fans.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"After breaking the driver’s side window, a rear passenger’s window and the rear window, Holdsclaw produced a handgun, fired inside the SUV and fled the scene, the report said."

Totally out of control - with a friggen' gun! I think she's due for a state enforced "time out." She might feel right at home wearing one of those jailhouse orange jump suits. :oops:

What Pinotbear said - sorta'.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Clearly, her mental health is a major issue now. This is not just about her depression any more. People with depression do not act in such a violent manner, do they?

Reaction Score
Clearly, her mental health is a major issue now. This is not just about her depression any more. People with depression do not act in such a violent manner, do they?

You're assuming that it's "just simple depression". There are a myriad of mental health concerns that might include depression as a symptom, in addition to other erratic behavior.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I would be concerned that there wasn't even more to this story...remember Lacy said she smelled gasoline when she started driving. Was Holdsclaw hoping to ignite the gasoline when she fired into the car?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not surprised by this at all.

Best of luck in her future.

Reaction Score
Yikes! I am not sure what disturbs me the most. The fact that this happened, or the fact that it happened on Hemphill Avenue. We drive down that street ALL THE TIME when we take my son to Georgia Tech. In fact, Hemphill Avenue goes directly into the Tech campus with student residence halls lining it. Hemphill Ave also runs through the Home Park neighborhood, one of the highest crime areas in Atlanta. Thank God no one was hurt. I hope Chamique gets the help she so clearly needs.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear the news, like others, I hope she gets the help she needs.

Reaction Score
So sad to hear this. Chamique has always been one of my favorite players, and definitely my favorite Lady Vol. Hope she gets help and is able to recover from whatever is going on here.

Reaction Score
Yikes! I am not sure what disturbs me the most. The fact that this happened, or the fact that it happened on Hemphill Avenue. We drive down that street ALL THE TIME when we take my son to Georgia Tech. In fact, Hemphill Avenue goes directly into the Tech campus with student residence halls lining it. Hemphill Ave also runs through the Home Park neighborhood, one of the highest crime areas in Atlanta. Thank God no one was hurt. I hope Chamique gets the help she so clearly needs.

I just drove by Rocky Mountain pizza on Hemphill & 10th this weekend after the Georgia Tech game...!

Great arena by the way...better than the old Spectrum in Houston!

Reaction Score
WNBA legend Chamique Holdsclaw has been arrested after allegedly chasing down her ex-girlfriend's car, smashing it with a baseball bat, and firing a gun inside the window -- TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement, Holdsclaw turned herself in to Atlanta police this afternoon and was arrested at the station. She's currently being held on $10,000 bail.
Glad she turned herself in, and nothing else happened...​

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yes, I am very relieved she turned herself in. Things could have gone very badly, with the police after her, and they knew she was armed. I just hope she has someone to help her, a good lawyer obviously, but more importantly at least one great therapist.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not good. Hope it's not as bad as it sounds. Very sad story. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads