OT: - Basketball Coaching This Winter | The Boneyard

OT: Basketball Coaching This Winter

Reaction Score
Man, I miss coaching. I was able to finish my basketball season in March 2020, but since then I haven't coached at all. No spring softball, fall cross-country and now no competitive basketball in the winter. Always a fun outlet at the end of a school day and a source of extra income that is sorely missed.

Prior to our winter break, my AD and head of school shared that we will/might try grade cohort basketball in January. It will be totally optional (signing up for a sport is usually a requirement and part of the school day) and also intramural. I'll be with the 8th grade cohort (15 kids total, my guess 4-8 will sign up for basketball), which has some good ballers: one boy and one girl who are definitely good enough to play in high school and another player who could make a high school team once he hits his growth spurt.

Anyone coached basketball at all this winter? If so what are your experiences, suggestions, etc. The kids just want to play, so I'm mostly thinking small 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 games while focusing on the finer details of defense, moving without the ball, rebounding, etc, whichever weaknesses my stronger players need to work on prior to moving on to high school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom