Baseball's Back! | The Boneyard

Baseball's Back!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll watch because I really miss baseball, but I don't know how to escape the feeling that it's basically just an exhibition and won't really count for anything because no one will ever recognize it as a genuine championship.

I also prefer the NL no DH game strategy, but I understand why they are going with the DH for this shortened season. That should be an interesting wrinkle.

Reaction Score
The upcoming world series champion shouldn't be tarnished, you still have to be top 5 in your league and win series, I think its actually harder because there is no margin for error to get off to a slow start. Now a player who has a .400 average or a pitcher who's undefeated or has an era under 1 that I would say is more tainted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@8893 Why would a World Series champ have a proverbial "asterisk"? The playoffs will still have the same # of games as last season.

Reaction Score
Because it's 100 fewer games than a regular season. It changes everything.

I agree with you. Part of what makes baseball so great is the marathon season that really helps separate the wheat from the chaff. I'll watch because I had been looking forward to this Yankee season for a while. I'll be thrilled if the Yankees win it all, but this team would never hold the place in my heart of previous Yankee title holders.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I agree with you. Part of what makes baseball so great is the marathon season that really helps separate the wheat from the chaff. I'll watch because I had been looking forward to this Yankee season for a while. I'll be thrilled if the Yankees win it all, but this team would never hold the place in my heart of previous Yankee title holders.
And I agree with you. Except for the Yankees part, that is.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's going to be a weird season. I predict a lot of long games in August averaging 5-6 pitchers per game. Doubtful we see a complete game this season at all. As a lifelong NL fan, I hate having to swallow the DH, but with the union, it was inevitable. But the runner on 2nd in extras... ugh, way too gimmicky.

On the plus side, my Pirates have usually played halfway decent in the first half over the past decade, so there's hope for a postseason, tainted as it may be.

Reaction Score
Since the Mets always fall apart in late summer, this might be good

Reaction Score
I don't. I like the strategy decisions that are forced when you don't have one.
I hate it. And don't think switching to a DH takes away any strategy, it just switches the strategy

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate it. And don't think switching to a DH takes away any strategy, it just switches the strategy
It changes the pitching strategy and forces pitchers to be pulled earlier in close games where you need the increased chance of producing offense with that at-bat. In the AL you never have to consider anything other than your pitcher's defense.

Reaction Score
The Can Am league just cancelled their season. Was hopeful that I could make a Boulders game this season as its great, cheap entertainment for the entire family for a night and they operate outside of MLB. Completely forgot that with 3 teams in Canada and travel restricted between the US and Canada due to Covid-19, that was never going to happen.

Rest of the season for 2 independent N.J. baseball teams is canceled

Reaction Score
I'm really starting to wonder if this thing is going to happen after all. I hope it does as I'd love to have the distraction of baseball, but I'm skeptical at this point. With the uptick in cases and some players opting out, I'm wondering if MLB will be willing to take on the liability.

Reaction Score
I'm really starting to wonder if this thing is going to happen after all. I hope it does as I'd love to have the distraction of baseball, but I'm skeptical at this point. With the uptick in cases and some players opting out, I'm wondering if MLB will be willing to take on the liability.

Not gonna get my hopes up until I see games actually being played I have learned in the past 3 months dates don’t mean a thing to me. I just think MLB has to much to lose to not have a season at all.

Even if god forbid it were to get shutdown, you can at least say you tried to save a season and your sport. If players don’t wanna play then it gives someone else an opportunity. Maybe have a teams top prospect who might not be MLB ready a chance to get some experience, since there is no minor league season.

Reaction Score
It' offical, the 2020 Minor League Baseball season is done. Sadly, it will likely never be the same with 40 some odd teams targeted for culling by the greedy MLB ownership lead by Mr. Fair play himself, Jim Crane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom