OT: - Baseball Hats | The Boneyard

OT: Baseball Hats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know where I can buy one of the hats that the baseball team wears? I’ve seen some knock offs but never the Hook C Nike one with the state outline on it. They’re pretty cool and have to imagine they sell it somewhere but haven’t been able to find it online anywhere.

Reaction Score
I remember years and years ago, it was nearly impossible to find the baseball hat. It was such a simple hat, but it took forever to find it. Even the Co-op didn't have it.

Reaction Score
Ebbetts Field Flannels finally made a vintage ('57) Hook C hat. They're pricey as far as hats go, but the quality is divine. They're MiUSA and well worth the $50 IMO.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Ebbetts Field Flannels finally made a vintage ('57) Hook C hat. They're pricey as far as hats go, but the quality is divine. They're MiUSA and well worth the $50 IMO.

seconded. I own one, and it's worth the price premium.

Reaction Score
The Aerobill Hat on the Huskies online shop is one of the most comfortable hats ive ever worn

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So small-time. How can we ever run out of something like this?

Because we are small time and hate our fans... it's really that simple don't over think it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m sure they are exclusive to the team but I’d pay $100 easy for a hat with the CT outline over the ear

Reaction Score
So small-time. How can we ever run out of something like this?
They could be making so much more off of merch. The bookstore seems to always have the same exact things. Me and my family went in there a couple weeks ago ready to buy a ton but they had the same things the had 6 months ago. Also barely anything with the throwback UConn logo. They should really bring someone in who can capitalize off of merch because they are doing a really bad job.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The Ebbetts Field hats really are great. That being said not having any authentics to sell is sad

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
When the person in charge of marketing and merchandise has an established position against the Hook C because it runs counter to the branding they want, to the point where they literally tried to eradicate it from the program, is it a surprise when that person makes it impossible to buy the merchandise?

Reaction Score
When the person in charge of marketing and merchandise has an established position against the Hook C because it runs counter to the branding they want, to the point where they literally tried to eradicate it from the program, is it a surprise when that person makes it impossible to buy the merchandise?
Bingo. Would love to see where our merch would be if someone else was in charge the last few years...not to mention trying to profit on the hot sauce craze last year instead of donating the money like everyone else was

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Ebbetts Field hats really are great. That being said not having any authentics to sell is sad
I agree but beware - their recent move to larger warehouse has gotten them off their tracks
I ordered a Hook C '57 and they said it was shipped - then they said it hadn't shipped and will be shipped in 48 hours, 4 days later they said they didn't have the hat in that size. I called and they apologized and offered to send it out the next day with a complimentary t-shirt of my choice. They sent me a shipping number and when I looked it up it was not found. I emailed them and finally one of the managers said that they were having issues knowing what was specifically in stock and they in fact didn't have it in my size. They refunded my money without sending out the tshirt and only offered me a 10% discount on my next purchase.
This was not my 1st purchase from them and they have quality stuff but need to sharpen their business acumen and customer service

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I agree but beware - their recent move to larger warehouse has gotten them off their tracks
I ordered a Hook C '57 and they said it was shipped - then they said it hadn't shipped and will be shipped in 48 hours, 4 days later they said they didn't have the hat in that size. I called and they apologized and offered to send it out the next day with a complimentary t-shirt of my choice. They sent me a shipping number and when I looked it up it was not found. I emailed them and finally one of the managers said that they were having issues knowing what was specifically in stock and they in fact didn't have it in my size. They refunded my money without sending out the tshirt and only offered me a 10% discount on my next purchase.
This was not my 1st purchase from them and they have quality stuff but need to sharpen their business acumen and customer service

I swear to God this school and selling hats...

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

Take a look at the Alabama web site. You can buy just about anything you can imagine with the school logo(s), and rumor has it there are some under the table items available, such as Crimson Tide branded feminine hygiene products :p

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
It’s embarrassing to see what is available in merchandise to schools with similar profiles to us versus what we get. It drives me crazy that we don’t have a better selection of Nike apparel, especially hats. When the Hook C Nike version came out earlier this year I bought 2 in my size because they never seem to restock it quickly

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

$54 for a ball cap?

Yeah, no.

Reaction Score
20% off site wide for Father's day in Ebbett's for those looking at the UConn hat or flannel

Code: Homerun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22