Baseball Blahs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baseball Blahs

Reaction Score
Well it‘s been a horrible season for the Red Sox but they accomplished their main goal as the season reached 9/1. They’re under the luxury tax threshold so have reset the penalties.

EB53182F-9FD4-4BB8-AB5E-EF35F2803FBF.jpeg

Reaction Score
I am rapidly becoming a non-fan of baseball. I am disgusted with what used to be my team - The Boston Red Sox. I used to watch and record all their games. I used to follow closely the progress of their minor leaguers. Now I am bored by it all. Is it COVID 19 or is it me? My wife says that if they win five in a row, I will be back on board. Anyone else feel this way?

I am a Sox fan as well, and the Mookie trade really started my MLB-blahs and what's happened since only makes me feel worse. Yeah, I know he didn't want to stay, but ownership probably had a hand in that. So much talk about Dombrowski depleting the farm system to "win now", but when looking at what they have received in all of their trades, I don't see any replenishment. Knowing that they were actively shopping JBJ and Vazquez, I can only assume it's Devers and Bogaerts they want to build around.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I am a Sox fan as well, and the Mookie trade really started my MLB-blahs and what's happened since only makes me feel worse. Yeah, I know he didn't want to stay, but ownership probably had a hand in that. So much talk about Dombrowski depleting the farm system to "win now", but when looking at what they have received in all of their trades, I don't see any replenishment. Knowing that they were actively shopping JBJ and Vazquez, I can only assume it's Devers and Bogaerts they want to build around.

new regime, same bs overrating jbj

the bettstrade was what it was. Getting verdugo and downs was nice. But the third guy needed to be more imo

Reaction Score
I hated seeing them let Brock Holt go too. He loved the team and the city was a very valuable bench guy.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed this story about CC Sabathia and Jackie Bradley Jr. Seems that towards the end of his career, CC would make up imaginary feuds with players on different teams so that he would have motivation to compete hard against that team.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How do people get their mugs on those 'fatheads' in the seats?

Reaction Score
I too am a Red Sox fan and have the blahs. I enjoyed watching Mookie and was sorry to see he was traded. I thought they could have gotten more than Verdugo and Downs as well. I was sorry to see Brock go as well as he loved the team but ended up getting released by The Brewers anyway due to his .100/.222./.100 line. It is getting hard to root for teams owned by billionaires when players command salaries exceeding 300 million. Doubtful Mookie could have helped this team this year anyway due to their lack of pitching. The Angels have Mike Trout and can't win or even get into a playoff series.

At least I got to see 4 World Series victories within this century. Hopefully the Sox start playing competitive baseball next year and Jacob Wallace ends up in the bullpen in the near future.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not that anyone here other than me cares about the Pirates, but it was just starting to get fun out here. The final two weeks were more '69 Mets than '62 Mets (excepting middle relief). Unfortunately, Ke'Bryan Hayes won't win ROY despite having a higher WAR than any other NL rook, while playing in less than half the # of games. He is fun to watch and possibly already the best 3b in MLB.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not that anyone here other than me cares about the Pirates, but it was just starting to get fun out here. The final two weeks were more '69 Mets than '62 Mets (excepting middle relief). Unfortunately, Ke'Bryan Hayes won't win ROY despite having a higher WAR than any other NL rook, while playing in less than half the # of games. He is fun to watch and possibly already the best 3b in MLB.

Nolan Arenado, Manny Machado, and Jose Ramirez would like a few words.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nolan Arenado, Manny Machado, and Jose Ramirez would like a few words.
I did say, "possibly".

Keep in mind that WAR is cumulative. 95 PAs is a small sample, but if Hayes had twice that at the same level of productivity, he'd be tied with Ramirez in 25% fewer PAs. With the same # of PAs, Hayes could even fall off a bit and still end up alongside Ramirez.

That said, no I wouldn't expect Hayes to maintain a .450 BABIP or a 1.124 OPS over an entire season. Nobody does that. I do expect him to win the next 10 Gold Gloves at the position.

At any rate, he's very, very good.

the Q

Reaction Score
I too am a Red Sox fan and have the blahs. I enjoyed watching Mookie and was sorry to see he was traded. I thought they could have gotten more than Verdugo and Downs as well. I was sorry to see Brock go as well as he loved the team but ended up getting released by The Brewers anyway due to his .100/.222./.100 line. It is getting hard to root for teams owned by billionaires when players command salaries exceeding 300 million. Doubtful Mookie could have helped this team this year anyway due to their lack of pitching. The Angels have Mike Trout and can't win or even get into a playoff series.

At least I got to see 4 World Series victories within this century. Hopefully the Sox start playing competitive baseball next year and Jacob Wallace ends up in the bullpen in the near future.

I figured those 2 would be in the deal, I have an issue with the 3rd guy who I don’t think is much of.l a prospect but bloom seems to. Maybe he can use some of these guys like Wong and Chatham to rebuilding the pitching staff.

Reaction Score
I figured those 2 would be in the deal, I have an issue with the 3rd guy who I don’t think is much of.l a prospect but bloom seems to. Maybe he can use some of these guys like Wong and Chatham to rebuilding the pitching staff.
Or use Chavis. I have read that he may be on his way out as well.

the Q

Reaction Score
Or use Chavis. I have read that he may be on his way out as well.

They also need a CF and it’s a terrible fa market for CF.

Where did you read that on chavis though?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
With everything starting at the same time, I found baseball was the odd item out. I was coaching my son's baseball team, Started golfing again and watched the playoffs for the other two sports. As a Sox fan I am happy the season was only 60 games. 162 of that would have been brutal, but the fact remains that COVID provided the perfect cover to hit the reset button.

the Q

Reaction Score
This is one place that I read it but article is 2 months old.

Yeah, peraza is not coming back. I thought they should’ve just played chavis at second. His defensive metrics there were intriguing in the relatively small sample size

Reaction Score
Well, at least the Yankees lost and did not make it into the American League championship game. Amazing what Tampa Bay did with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. Where did their former GM go?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Amazing what Tampa Bay did with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. Where did their former GM go?
I'm thinking they retained the people they wanted.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Well, at least the Yankees lost and did not make it into the American League championship game. Amazing what Tampa Bay did with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. Where did their former GM go?
Andrew Friedman left in 2014. Now President of Baseball Ops with the Dodgers.
Matthew Silverman ascended to the same role with the Rays.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I hope Kevin Cash loses lots of sleep this winter over taking Blake Snell out at 73 pitches. I don't care if it was 3rd time thru lineup, the Rays pen hasn't been all that great in playoffs and the top three in LAD's order had all whiffed both their previous times up.

Reaction Score
I hope Kevin Cash loses lots of sleep this winter over taking Blake Snell out at 73 pitches. I don't care if it was 3rd time thru lineup, the Rays pen hasn't been all that great in playoffs and the top three in LAD's order had all whiffed both their previous times up.
Any time you can take out your ace who's dealing for a RP who's given up runs in 6 straight games you do it

the Q

Reaction Score
With the Indians waiving Brad hand, buckle up for a wild offseason of teams cutting guys and slashing salaries

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's why I'm actually happy the Dodgers won. I don't want cheap owners to be rewarded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom